Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    This is terrible what's happening. I can't imagine what they're going through. I hope you can understand that they have to verify who people are for the safety of the children and our safety. Think about it. 
  • Options
    The attitude is what is being discussed. This regime sees those seeking asylum as sub-human.

The Holocaust didn't start one day with mass deportations and executions. There were many small steps that took place prior to the climax- all
    involving the dehumanization of the people being persecuted.

I'm sorry you have challenges understanding these parallels that are very legitimate, but hey... America is being made great again! I think I more clearly know which era McDonald meant and which era his idiot supporters understood now.

I guess everybody should shut up and let things take their course eh?

F**king disgraceful. Shame.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    So are you saying the Jews were criminals like the border crossers?
    Yes that  is exactly what I am saying. 
    Because the half of my family that was forcefully removed from theirs homes, herded onto cattle cars, taken to the camps,  separated from each other, then walked into the "showers" and then shoveled into mass graves were all criminals.

I should've known that a person who believes in "white genocide" would be smart enough to figure it out.

And clearly you don't see the difference, nobody is rounding up those crossing the southern border out of their homes.  So yeah the comparison is ridiculous.
    Well, they are also rounding up people out of their homes (and from their places of employment) in the United States - that's what those community ICE raids are.
    But the point is that parents and children are being separated and the kids are being kept in what are essentially prisons and are being irreparably harmed by the US government. And no, the comparison is not ridiculous. The Nazis took kids away from their parents without telling them when they'd see each other again, and then warehousing the children, and the US government is doing the exact same thing. That is an apt comparison. Just because the US isn't then murdering them all doesn't mean comparisons can't still be made.
    I disagree. I get the outrage for children being separated for days. But the facilities and practices being compared to Nazi is extreme.
    I haven’t seen any credible source these kids aren’t well cared for, they are fed, given TVs and not forced into child labor. They came here illegally, we didn’t go to their land and houses and drag them out for the purposes of mass execution.
    Im not denying the separation is causing problems, I just don’t agree it is a fair comparison to the Nazis. Sure, things don’t have to be exactly the same to compare, but this is like comparing Hanson to Pearl Jam. They both made music in the 90s, had long hair, had multiple drummers. Sure, they have some things in common, but we shouldn’t compare the two.
    To we adults, the level of cruelty in our border situation may seem less extreme that that of Nazi prison camps... but to the kids being held captive I'll bet it feels like fucking hell.
    it's not may seem, what happened in Nazi prison camps to children shouldn't even be used as any kind of comparison. That's completely fucked up. 
    Really?  You don't think if you were a little kid and were taken from your parents and put in some locked facility by a bunch of people in uniforms and had no idea what was going to happen to you-- you don't think you'd be scared shitless?  From a child's perspective, I do believe the comparison is valid.  I stand by my words.
    I’m sure they are scared.
    we were on a family vacation and out camping when we drove into town to see the Blair Witch Project. I was pretty scared that night too.
    Compring the frightened imagination(I only say imagination because they are not being physically harmed) of a kid to actual events where millions were murdrred is not comparable.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Because the half of my family that was forcefully removed from theirs homes, herded onto cattle cars, taken to the camps,  separated from each other, then walked into the "showers" and then shoveled into mass graves were all criminals.

I should've known that a person who believes in "white genocide" would be smart enough to figure it out.

And clearly you don't see the difference, nobody is rounding up those crossing the southern border out of their homes.  So yeah the comparison is ridiculous.
    Well, they are also rounding up people out of their homes (and from their places of employment) in the United States - that's what those community ICE raids are.
    But the point is that parents and children are being separated and the kids are being kept in what are essentially prisons and are being irreparably harmed by the US government. And no, the comparison is not ridiculous. The Nazis took kids away from their parents without telling them when they'd see each other again, and then warehousing the children, and the US government is doing the exact same thing. That is an apt comparison. Just because the US isn't then murdering them all doesn't mean comparisons can't still be made.
    I disagree. I get the outrage for children being separated for days. But the facilities and practices being compared to Nazi is extreme.
    I haven’t seen any credible source these kids aren’t well cared for, they are fed, given TVs and not forced into child labor. They came here illegally, we didn’t go to their land and houses and drag them out for the purposes of mass execution.
    Im not denying the separation is causing problems, I just don’t agree it is a fair comparison to the Nazis. Sure, things don’t have to be exactly the same to compare, but this is like comparing Hanson to Pearl Jam. They both made music in the 90s, had long hair, had multiple drummers. Sure, they have some things in common, but we shouldn’t compare the two.
    To we adults, the level of cruelty in our border situation may seem less extreme that that of Nazi prison camps... but to the kids being held captive I'll bet it feels like fucking hell.
    it's not may seem, what happened in Nazi prison camps to children shouldn't even be used as any kind of comparison. That's completely fucked up. 
    Really?  You don't think if you were a little kid and were taken from your parents and put in some locked facility by a bunch of people in uniforms and had no idea what was going to happen to you-- you don't think you'd be scared shitless?  From a child's perspective, I do believe the comparison is valid.  I stand by my words.
    we were on a family vacation and out camping when we drove into town to see the Blair Witch Project. I was pretty scared that night too.
    Compring the frightened imagination(I only say imagination because they are not being physically harmed) of a kid to actual events where millions were murdrred is not comparable.

Now THAT is a comparison of utter horseshit.
  • Options
    I agree. That was pretty much my point.
    I don’t like them being separated either.
    But it is even more ridiculous to compare it to the haulocost and all the absolutely horrible things that happened.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I agree. That was pretty much my point.
    I don’t like them being separated either.
    But it is even more ridiculous to compare it to the haulocost and all the absolutely horrible things that happened.
    We are comparing the start.  Getting people to dehumanize a population, start taking away kids and putting them in camps and pretending it is ok.  All for 'safety' and the good of the chosen people, white Americans.

It is not preposterous at this point.  Comparing it to watching the Blair Witch is Preposterous and displays a cognitive dissonance I cannot fathom.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    My response was a reply to the comment that it compares to the haulocost because the kids are frightened.
    Your explanation makes more sense, but that’s not what was said and not what I was responding to.
    Im sorry you can’t fathom that.
    And many (some here, but mostly news reporters) have compared the holding facilities itself to concentration camps, not even mentioning the separation process, but comparing the facility to Nazi germany. They really need a history lesson if they think that’s what a concentration camp was like.
    Those camps were probably the worst thing any group of people suffered through in the last 500 years. And there’s been a lot of horrible things in this world.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I'm talking about how this must feel to the KIDS, not us adults with all our history lessons.  What I'm saying is that to a lot of these kids this must feel like Dachau.  But OK, we could argue this all day long like carpenters in a circular room looking for a corner to piss in but that's not the point.  The point is that what they've done to these kids IS FUCKED.  Any anyone who say there is "good on both sides" of this... well I'm shutting my fucking mouth before I get into some shit here. 

And sorry but, fuck this thread.  What a waste of time to argue about how fucked up this all is. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Law enforcement becoming sub human down there.  Sickening what they are doing.

What step is this now.

Leader dehumanizing a people, State News helping with propaganda, getting your base to agree and now law enforcement to blindly follow orders.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Where are the girls being kept not one picture of them news outlets only show pictures of the boys ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    mace1229 said:
    My response was a reply to the comment that it compares to the haulocost because the kids are frightened.
    Your explanation makes more sense, but that’s not what was said and not what I was responding to.
    Im sorry you can’t fathom that.
    And many (some here, but mostly news reporters) have compared the holding facilities itself to concentration camps, not even mentioning the separation process, but comparing the facility to Nazi germany. They really need a history lesson if they think that’s what a concentration camp was like.
    Those camps were probably the worst thing any group of people suffered through in the last 500 years. And there’s been a lot of horrible things in this world.

Japanese internment camps are the more apt comparison.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The attitude is what is being discussed. This regime sees those seeking asylum as sub-human.

The Holocaust didn't start one day with mass deportations and executions. There were many small steps that took place prior to the climax- all
    involving the dehumanization of the people being persecuted.

I'm sorry you have challenges understanding these parallels that are very legitimate, but hey... America is being made great again! I think I more clearly know which era McDonald meant and which era his idiot supporters understood now.

I guess everybody should shut up and let things take their course eh?

F**king disgraceful. Shame.
    I wont shut up, this is the straw that broke the camels back

If anybody in here supports this bullshit, go fuck yourself 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    some interesting things I just read/learned  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/separating-families-illegal-immigrants-trump-immigration-zero-tolerance-asylum/ :

The Los Angeles Times reports that Rio Grande Valley border agents prosecuted 568 adults and separated 1,174 children since the administration announced its "zero tolerance" policy in early April. However, it only took a matter of hours to reunite more than a third of these children with their parents.

Another fact conveniently overlooked amid all the hysteria is that just because a group claims to be a family, doesn't mean it's true. The Department of Homeland Security says that from October 2017 to February 2018 it saw "a 315% increase in the number of cases with minors fraudulently posing as 'family units' to gain entry."
    You really trying to downplay this bro?

1/3 reunified is something to celebrate?

This is abusive, traumatic, moronic, ignorant, disgusting, and fucking evil. 

Anybody in here that supports this, in any way, let me say this clearly, take a long walk off a short pier

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I’m hearing massively different descriptions of the places where these kids are being held.  In some sources they talk about them watching World Cup games on big flatscreen tv’s, playing foosball and pool.  There’s tons of people taking care of the kids and the kids are having fun.  In others they are concentration camps and in horrid conditions? Does anyone know what is really happening?
    Sweet... let us come snatch your kids up then, we'll let them watch soccer so you'll feel better.  

Wake up America
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Don't worry guys, this is like going to a scary movie. The kids will get over it.

Plus, the toddlers can watch the world Cup. Who needs a mom and dad when you have that? How bad could it be?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    I think the program should be expanded to include all Americans returning to a port of entry. Separate the kids from the adults until such time as their true identity can be ascertained. Don’t want any child traffickers and trafficked children entering the country nor folks coming in with false identities. Some could be gang bangers. Or Comet Pizza franchisees.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Don't worry, everyone - it's just like summer camp, or maybe a nice boarding school. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/laura-ingraham-immigrant-summer-camp_us_5b28b769e4b0f0b9e9a4840c
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

What step is this now.

Leader dehumanizing a people, State News helping with propaganda, getting your base to agree and now law enforcement to blindly follow orders.

Unbelievable. It truly is.

Trade wars, constant lies, and moronic tweets are one thing, but the treatment of these people and his developing friendships with Russia and North Korea are on a whole other level.

I don't blame him- he is what he always has been: a morally bankrupt f**king parasite. The blame for this sad chapter for the US lies squarely on his supporters who empowered him. If you're a fool that voted for this guy... you got what you asked for so bask in your glory.

Things aren't changing with him. They actually seem to be escalating.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    Smellyman said:

What step is this now.

Trade wars, constant lies, and moronic tweets are one thing, but the treatment of these people and his developing friendships with Russia and North Korea are on a whole other level.

I don't blame him- he is what he always has been: a morally bankrupt f**king parasite. The blame for this sad chapter for the US lies squarely on his supporters who empowered him. If you're a fool that voted for this guy... you got what you asked for so bask in your glory.

His base loves this as do most of those who voted for him. You see it in this thread.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I find it completely absurd that our government can so easily separate children from parents and family, but we can't find a way to separate guns and unlawful gun owners or enforce the policies to decrease gun violence. Nice that it's so easy to differentiate enforcing some policies to a "t", but others there's just no solution and nothing can be done. We value a gun more than children. Nice job America.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

What step is this now.

His base loves this as do most of those who voted for him. You see it in this thread.

There's been a few around here who have sheepishly admitted to their error and have seen the light.

If a person can correct their error, I'm okay with them. As the old saying goes: There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

By all means continue to minimize the murder of 6M.
    No one is minimizing anything. Jesus fucking Christ man.  Do you ever THINK before you spew any this bullshit garbage from your stupid fingertips?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I am so embarrassed to live in this country
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dignin said:
    Don't worry guys, this is like going to a scary movie. The kids will get over it.

Plus, the toddlers can watch the world Cup. Who needs a mom and dad when you have that? How bad could it be?
    No one has said that. Why does everyone insist on misquoting those that disagree with you?
    What I did say is how bad of a comparison this is to Jewish children in concentration camps.
    i have a problem separating these kids when they are not united within a few hours.
    i also have a problem comparing this to Nazi concentration camps and saying this is just the first step towards Nazi Germany.
    Tell the story like it is, talk about how inhumane it is, how scared the kids are. But don’t compare it to the murder of 6 million people and the harsh labor camps of millions more.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I am so embarrassed to live in this country
    I am not embarrassed because this isn't what our country is about and not what the majority of the country agree with. It is completely ridiculous how a minority can rule this country like a dictatorship on topics of their choosing and completely ignore others like they don't exist. Illegal immigration is a problem, but horrible policy is not the solution. Won't it be great in 10 - 15 years when all of these kids are adults and recounting their stories of all the "fun" and "comforts" they experienced in an empty box store. Oh wait, probably not. This will be looked back on in the same regard as we do now in respect to the Japanese internment camps. A horrible action to try and sell us a fucking wall that this pile of shit said another country would pay for. To paraphrase and alter another shit president's assessment of a wall, "Pay for your own fucking wall Mr. Trump!"
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

What step is this now.

There's been a few around here who have sheepishly admitted to their error and have seen the light.

If a person can correct their error, I'm okay with them. As the old saying goes: There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

how about the people that say they didn't vote for him, but now say they are impressed by him so far?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

No one has said that. Why does everyone insist on misquoting those that disagree with you?
    What I did say is how bad of a comparison this is to Jewish children in concentration camps.
    i have a problem separating these kids when they are not united within a few hours.
    i also have a problem comparing this to Nazi concentration camps and saying this is just the first step towards Nazi Germany.
    Tell the story like it is, talk about how inhumane it is, how scared the kids are. But don’t compare it to the murder of 6 million people and the harsh labor camps of millions more.
    I think what's pissing some of us off here is that there are some here who seem to want to downplay how seriously fucked up this act of separating these kids is.  OK, it is not something on the grand scale of horrors like Dachau, but it is right in the same vein of brutal and twisted thinking that the Nazi movement was all about and making the comparison at that level is, to many of us, justifiable.  And it's happening here, in the land of the "free".

"Give me your hungry, your tired, your poor, I'll piss on them
    That's what the Statue of Bigotry says
    Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
    And get it over with and just dump them on the boulevard."

Lou Reed, "Dirty Blvd."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    The normalization of all evil deeds is full on from this president..
    he made it ok to sexually abuse women
    he made it ok to mock people with disabilities 
    He made it ok to mock prisoners of war 
    he made ok to trash Muslim fallen soldier 
    he has made it normal to look in awe of dictators and to praise them ! 
    He has made it ok to separate children from parents !
    A total human disgrace he is there is no way you can defend him or paint him in a good light , he’s a gross human ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:

What step is this now.

how about the people that say they didn't vote for him, but now say they are impressed by him so far?
    We should separate them from society and ensure they do not procreate. Ain't nobody got time for that.