TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
     they must have had no other choice...a very hard call to make. Yesterday’s show was great but maybe he should’ve let his voice rest in stead of breaking it on mind your manners 
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Hope you feel better soon, Ed!  Please stop smoking.  Cold/flu or not, that certainly isn't helping. My mother is only 7 years older than you, a lifelong smoker, and she can barely get a full sentence out without hacking up a lung.  Take some zinc - it's good for the immune system and smokers tend to lack it, so its benefits will be two-fold.
    I know you'll never read this, but I felt it necessary to say.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Didn't he quit smoking, or smoking heavily, years ago?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    "Singer Eddie Vedder has completely lost his voice. He is on vocal rest for the next few days in an effort to heal and perform the remainder of the tour dates."

My only show is 3 weeks away and I am concerned.

Barcelona?

my 1st show is also Barcelona but i wouldnt be too worried. IF its really dangerous (we will probably know after the italy shows) then im worried.
  • LeleRMLeleRM In My Tree Posts: 16
    one_stone said:
    just_one said:
    am i the only one who thinks that a 3 day stop is very small for Eddie to recover?
    I would be concerned if I was going to Italy
    I think so too. I would think the Italian leg is at risk (but with a simple cold there might be hope). After Rome there are a few more days off on the tour schedule. Prague is almost 2 weeks away. That could work out even with a bad cold... 
    Honestly i think Milan gig may be seriosuly at risk...let's hope good for the rest of the tour...be well soon Eddie! 
    Rome 07/07/1993 - Rome 11/12/1996 - Milan 06/22/2000 - Bologna 09/14/2006 - Verona 09/16/2006 - Milan 09/17/2006 - Pistoia 09/20/2006 - Zagreb 09/26/2006 - Venice 06/15/2007 - Nijmegen 06/28/2007 - Werchter 06/2972007 - Rotterdam 08/13/2009 - Berlin 08/15/2009 - Arras 07/03/2010 - Werchter 07/04/2010 - Venice 07/06/2010 - Stockholm 07/07/2012 - Oslo 07/09/2012 - Milan 06/20/2014...
    EV: Florence 24/06/2017
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    just_one said:
    am i the only one who thinks that a 3 day stop is very small for Eddie to recover?
    Nope, you're not. I'm preparing myself for the worst even though my shows are two weeks away.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    just_one said:
    "Singer Eddie Vedder has completely lost his voice. He is on vocal rest for the next few days in an effort to heal and perform the remainder of the tour dates."

Barcelona?

my 1st show is also Barcelona but i wouldnt be too worried. IF its really dangerous (we will probably know after the italy shows) then im worried.
    Yeah, its a long family trip but was planned around the show.  It's the wording in that sentence that has me worried.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited June 2018
    Wow, rough.  You can tell he's struggling.  RITFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDhnykBxABU

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Conjack76Conjack76 Posts: 40
    Seems pretty serious ...... Selfishly hoping he'll be ok for Rome this day next week (I'm travelling from Dublin) - I really feel for all those who have traveled to London for tonight's show and cannot make the re-scheduled gig 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    just_one said:

Barcelona?

Yeah, its a long family trip but was planned around the show.  It's the wording in that sentence that has me worried.
    I am thinking positive. Yes he has lost his voice. Yes it could last longer then expected. This little tidbit though did not need to be added though unless they thought there was a decent chance of it happening. 

"Pearl Jam’s European tour is expected to resume Friday, June 22nd in Milan" 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I feel bad for everyone that had tix for tonight's show. I have experienced this with Raleigh.

Ed- get better soon!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    Tough break for all involved, hope Ed feels better!  Band has had some bad luck the last few tours with 3 cancellations (Raleigh  '16, Lollapolooza Argentina '18, London '18)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    just_one said:
    It will be almost 4 full days by the time they take the stage; however, we have no idea the severity of the issue. If it's just sickness, then that should be plenty of time, but if it's not, well then this may be something to worry about the rest of the tour.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Tremorman said:
    Tough break for all involved, hope Ed feels better!  Band has had some bad luck the last few tours with 3 cancellations (Raleigh  '16, Lollapolooza Argentina '18, London '18)
    I wouldn’t call Raleigh bad luck. Except for the fans.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    What time was the show officially called off?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

It would be awesome if one of the guys (I guess Mike may be your best bet) rocked up at the Stones show and jammed on a song.
    Or even better, got his ass up to Manchester for the Foo Fighters gig!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    What time was the show officially called off?
    Roughly around 9:00 eastern time so 14:00 local time. 
  • jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    I'll be in Padova and Rome.  I was in Argentina when it was canceled this year.  If the Italy shows get canceled I'm officially declaring myself bad luck and will cease and desist all travels for PJ shows.
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Hopefully they could do Tuesday 17th July  and Friday 20th July in London. O2 looks to be free that week or maybe they could play another show for the travellers at Hammersmith or somewhere (not checked whether it's free). Would be a special treat to get an extra show maybe? All being well of course.  
    Definitely feel bad for those traveling.  In 2009, by some miracle I got tickets for NIN's last two shows (Wiltern and the tiny Echoplex).  Trent got sick and the Wiltern and Fonda shows got pushed to after Echoplex, no longer making it the last show.  We still got to Echoplex but it hurt not to see the last show.  Part of the risk when you travel for shows, but really sucks when it happens.

• kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    Surely they’re going to offer refunds for those of us who flew in and can’t make the July date. Grateful I got to go last night and looking forward to Wrigley!
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    Health comes first, get well soon Eddie!!!
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    "On vocal rest the next few days" and a show in three days is a little concerning. However, if it's just a voice loss associated with a cold, he should be fine.  But, that's a pretty quick turnaround for your voice being shot.  They could scrap Italy and come back on July 1 for the Czech show.  But that puts a ton of people out.  I know they don't want to do that.  
  • markhawks7markhawks7 Posts: 17
    Absolutely gutted and totally devastated but what can you do. But get well soon EV.
    A signed album would more than make up for it though! LOL or cry!
  • If I was in town I'd be all over that David Byrne show.  He's crushing it this tour an his stage show is amazing.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Get well Ed!  And as someone who smoked for 25 years make this your last.

Not saying it is the reason, but it  doesn't help.

If anything, do it for your family.
  • TreesmotherTreesmother Netherlands Posts: 24
    Get well soon Ed!
    Instagram: Treesmother
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I'm willing to fill in for Ed on the Prague, Krakow, Berlin stretch as necessary
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I went to the shows in Australia in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane in 2009.  Ed was brilliant in Melbourne and Brisbane.  He gave it a go in Sydney but he was very sick.  It was still an excellent show but Brisbane and Melbourne was much better.  We are human and get sick. 

I lost my voice for no f'ing reason the other day and couldn't talk for 2 days. 

The return to London will be even more epic.  For those who traveled?  At least you are in London.  :)
This discussion has been closed.