Options

TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• Options
    Gutted is a massive understatement but lucky enough to see them last night, and Ed’s health more important.
    Just need a way to tell my mate who took two days off work to see night 2 and is currently on route. Think a few beers and some London nightlife may be needed to drown our sorrows!!
    We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm - Churchill
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Can we really expect a postponement ? I am considering the logistics and the amount of stuff to arrange in a matter of days (trucks, planes, hotels, booking the venue, refund tickets for the ones that cannot make to a new date, etc.)...
    If it was mid July, all of the equipment and what not would already be overseas.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Was the show sold out? 

I have my vaccation in mid/late july...
    Yes. My tickets will be available hopefully through 10c as i wont be able to come back.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JB249845JB249845 Posts: 18
    Gutted about tonights show but lucky to have attended last nights show, had tickets for tonight also! It was clear Ed struggled through last nite, my sis said to me how will he recover in time for tomorrow, so disappointed for all those who were due to come tonight!!!
  • Options
    gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    Hopefully 10c will refund those who can’t come back. Airfare and hotel was nearly 5k:(
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Maybe all the arenas are filled up, and they have to pick a smaller theater in july AND THIS WILL BE BENAROYA HALL PART TWO.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Get well soon Ed
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    The Struts are a great live band.   Just saw them in Madison in May.   
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    gleng2 said:
    Hopefully 10c will refund those who can’t come back. Airfare and hotel was nearly 5k:(
    Well I don’t think you’re getting hotel and airfare back. The tickets yes. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,945
    am i the only one who thinks that a 3 day stop is very small for Eddie to recover?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited June 2018
    The Struts are a great live band.   Just saw them in Madison in May.   
    I'll have to check them out. They're opening up for the Foo Fighters when I see them at Wrigley next month.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    just_one said:
    am i the only one who thinks that a 3 day stop is very small for Eddie to recover?
    I would be concerned if I was going to Italy
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    edited June 2018
    Feel better soon Ed, we love you.

For those selfishly pissed off that Ed had the audacity to lose his voice and postpone tonight's show and that ruins YOUR life and holiday plans, please, [rude comment deleted by Admin]
    Post edited by Sea on
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,366
    gleng2 said:
    Typically with a make up date, your tickets are good for the following make up, no refunds.

I had a PJ show canceled in New Orleans, couldnt make the make up date. Screwed.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Id make Italy an acoustic show
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    just_one said:

Its tight no doubt.

Well see.

• Options
    gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    gleng2 said:
    Lol all good. Just hoping my for the show tickets refunded.  Not bitter 
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    just_one said:
    Nope, seems odd.  Best guess is that they are optimistic and are trying not to cancel to many shows.   
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    just_one said:
    Yup. Have tickets to Rome. I think there is a chance as it’s a week out.  I’d be more nervous about Milan for sure and Padova. But all at risk, as is the remainder of the tour really.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Id make Italy an acoustic show
    And give some songs for the others to play. 

Matt Cameron on Black Diamond
    Stone on Manking/Dont Gimme No Lip etc.

When Genes voice was gone in Japan in 1998(?), Ace and Paul sang his songs. But I guess that's different with them having more "singers" in the band. 

Taylor sang and stuff when Dave broke his leg at the Foo Fighters show in Gothenburg.

But give the other people in the band more to do. Bring back the Evenflow drum solo for one show. They have three days, have Stone learn to sing No Way and Jeff can sing Lowlight.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    just_one said:
    Nope, seems odd.  Best guess is that they are optimistic and are trying not to cancel to many shows.   
    Or he's having a sore throat/cold and just need to get passed that? That doesn't need to take three days...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Feel better soon Ed, we love you.

For those selfishly pissed off that Ed had the audacity to lose his voice and postpone tonight's show and that ruins YOUR life and holiday plans, please, kindly fuck off.
    I think this is uncalled for -- they are upset today.  I am sure 90+% of these fans will get over the news and understand that a man is unable to perform and agree that it is best to protect the way he makes his living and connects to fans worldwide.

Telling these unfortunate people to fuck off is a bit much - even if done 'kindly.'

Have some empathy for your fellow fanatics.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited June 2018
    Maybe they should do special London one off PJ zippo to be sold in the venue at the postponed show, and afterwards for those ten club fans who had tickets but could not reschedule to attend the postponed show. Only 1 per ticket holder...

And someone please get one for Tempo and PJSoul
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Sorry for all the people that have travelled to London. Eddie get well soon.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    just_one said:
    If it’s a cold or something it should pass but if there’s something more serious I’d say the whole tour is at risk. I can’t see it being possible to take a few days off and then try and blast your voice again. That could result in permanent damage, I’m no doctor though. All we can do is stay positive. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I've never been hoping someone has a cold so badly....I hope that us all it is.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Get well soon Ed! And if ever there was a reason to quit smoking... this is it (besides your family). Peace and Love.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 811
    Hard luck to those who were going to go, the band and crew, and especially Ed. Get well soon mate. Don't push it for the remaining dates either-you guys have more than enough ballads and a fella named Stone to help out. Though I remember seeing you in Brisbane after having to cut the Sydney show short due to you having a cold and you busted out In Hiding so...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    just_one said:
    I think so too. I would think the Italian leg is at risk (but with a simple cold there might be hope). After Rome there are a few more days off on the tour schedule. Prague is almost 2 weeks away. That could work out even with a bad cold... 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    "Singer Eddie Vedder has completely lost his voice. He is on vocal rest for the next few days in an effort to heal and perform the remainder of the tour dates."

My only show is 3 weeks away and I am concerned.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
This discussion has been closed.