Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    Just think about it while you or I are at work there’s thousands of kids missing their parents , yeah I know it’s their fault for trying to come here illegally but the penalty does not fit the crime ..have a great work week and know our taxes are paying for this mess and they are running out of space to house these kids this administration is looking for places to store them ....fuck you Baffoon & Sessions !
    You realize the immigration crackdown started back in 1997. This country has already been doing this for years. It's terrible that children are being seperated from their parents. I know there's a lot of hardworking people that are being deported that are here due to the crime and poverty in their countries. I hope the process for re-entry can be speeded up for those families. Now for the low life criminals that are getting deported that are doing harm to our country, good riddence. If children are being seperated from a criminal parent as sad as that is, it's just like a child being seperated from a parent who has to do time in prison for a crime. I hope it changes and they help parents that deserve help with becoming legal so they're not be seperated from their children. I hope people entering this country won't expect to get assistance that isn't available to the citizens of this country. You're welcome here if you plan on working and paying taxes. Don't come here and immediately expect a free ride. 
    https://www.huffingtonpost/2014/06/25/parents-deportation_n_5531552.html
    There are lots of articles on the web that talk about the inmigration laws since 1997
    Then why all the outcry from everyone if this is so normal ?
    It's not normal in my book but the liberal media love the ratings and the politicians who have been lining their pockets for years and don't like not running the country like politicians do, are out to go back to their old ways. They are flat out lying if they try to say they weren't already doing this. I can't wait until congress gets the two term limit imposed by the way.  The bs that Nancy  Bush is saying about how horrible it is...I guess she wasn't paying attention to what was going on when her husband was in office. 
    No, what's happening now was NOT happening under the Dems (or Bush). I'm not sure where you're getting that idea, but wherever it is, you should stop listening to the source because it's just plain wrong.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    So much of all this anger about Hispanics crossing the border is completely missing a few important factors.   Like the fact that many are actually smuggled in by big agra because they don't want to pay legit wages and benefits to American citizens to do the work of picking.  Or the fact that most Americans somehow think that is dishonorable or even deplorable work (well, it is hard work, I can tell you that having done it a few months myself.  But, damn, it's honest work.) So we seem to need these people but don't want them.  And then, instead of finding reasonable solutions and treating them decently, we treat these people worse than cattle.  Are we a nation of over-privileged, spoiled rotten brats or what?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    So much of all this anger about Hispanics crossing the border is completely missing a few important factors.   Like the fact that many are actually smuggled in by big agra because they don't want to pay legit wages and benefits to American citizens to do the work of picking.  Or the fact that most Americans somehow think that is dishonorable or even deplorable work (well, it is hard work, I can tell you that having done it a few months myself.  But, damn, it's honest work.) So we seem to need these people but don't want them.  And then, instead of finding reasonable solutions and treating them decently, we treat these people worse than cattle.  Are we a nation of over-privileged, spoiled rotten brats or what?
    Anthony Bourdain wrote a good piece about that in the context of Mexicans (though I don't want people to forget these people seeking life in the USA are not all Mexican - many are South American) before he died:

https://medium.com/@okhateeb/anthony-bourdain-on-mexicans-1b58059d69c7

The other thing America has obviously forgotten: Americans took the Southwestern states from Mexicans through war. For some reason this means a lot more to people when speaking of First Nations, but not so much when it comes to Mexicans.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Anthony Bourdain wrote a good piece about that in the context of Mexicans (though I don't want people to forget these people seeking life in the USA are not all Mexican - many are South American) before he died:

https://medium.com/@okhateeb/anthony-bourdain-on-mexicans-1b58059d69c7

The other thing America has obviously forgotten: Americans took the Southwestern states from Mexicans through war. For some reason this means a lot more to people when speaking of First Nations, but not so much when it comes to Mexicans.

Great points, and that article-- perfectly put!  What a marvelous piece!  I hope everyone reading this thread takes a few minutes to read it.  Thank you for posting this, Alison. 

And, damn, I'm sorry Anthony is no longer with us.  Heartbreaking all over again.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303

The Government Has No Plan for Reuniting the Immigrant Families It Is Tearing Apart

"No protocols have been put in place for keeping track of parents and children concurrently, for keeping parents and children in contact with each other while they are separated, or for eventually reuniting them"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-government-has-no-plan-for-reuniting-the-immigrant-families-it-is-tearing-apart
    dignin said:

The Government Has No Plan for Reuniting the Immigrant Families It Is Tearing Apart

"No protocols have been put in place for keeping track of parents and children concurrently, for keeping parents and children in contact with each other while they are separated, or for eventually reuniting them"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-government-has-no-plan-for-reuniting-the-immigrant-families-it-is-tearing-apart
    This is disgusting and unacceptable. 

• LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just think about it while you or I are at work there’s thousands of kids missing their parents , yeah I know it’s their fault for trying to come here illegally but the penalty does not fit the crime ..have a great work week and know our taxes are paying for this mess and they are running out of space to house these kids this administration is looking for places to store them ....fuck you Baffoon & Sessions !
    You realize the immigration crackdown started back in 1997. This country has already been doing this for years. It's terrible that children are being seperated from their parents. I know there's a lot of hardworking people that are being deported that are here due to the crime and poverty in their countries. I hope the process for re-entry can be speeded up for those families. Now for the low life criminals that are getting deported that are doing harm to our country, good riddence. If children are being seperated from a criminal parent as sad as that is, it's just like a child being seperated from a parent who has to do time in prison for a crime. I hope it changes and they help parents that deserve help with becoming legal so they're not be seperated from their children. I hope people entering this country won't expect to get assistance that isn't available to the citizens of this country. You're welcome here if you plan on working and paying taxes. Don't come here and immediately expect a free ride. 
    There are lots of articles on the web that talk about the inmigration laws since 1997
    It's not normal in my book but the liberal media love the ratings and the politicians who have been lining their pockets for years and don't like not running the country like politicians do, are out to go back to their old ways. They are flat out lying if they try to say they weren't already doing this. I can't wait until congress gets the two term limit imposed by the way.  The bs that Nancy  Bush is saying about how horrible it is...I guess she wasn't paying attention to what was going on when her husband was in office. 
    No, what's happening now was NOT happening under the Dems (or Bush). I'm not sure where you're getting that idea, but wherever it is, you should stop listening to the source because it's just plain wrong.
    Not true. It was. Research it.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not true. It was. Research it.
    Link?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    dignin said:

Thee most incompetent president and administration ever total animals all of them if you can look in mirror and still say your proud of your vote I’m not sure how you can !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Can someone tell idiot Baffoon that the decision to implement this horrible policy is from his administration ....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    some interesting things I just read/learned  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/separating-families-illegal-immigrants-trump-immigration-zero-tolerance-asylum/ :

The Los Angeles Times reports that Rio Grande Valley border agents prosecuted 568 adults and separated 1,174 children since the administration announced its "zero tolerance" policy in early April. However, it only took a matter of hours to reunite more than a third of these children with their parents.

Another fact conveniently overlooked amid all the hysteria is that just because a group claims to be a family, doesn't mean it's true. The Department of Homeland Security says that from October 2017 to February 2018 it saw "a 315% increase in the number of cases with minors fraudulently posing as 'family units' to gain entry."
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    some interesting things I just read/learned  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/separating-families-illegal-immigrants-trump-immigration-zero-tolerance-asylum/ :

The Los Angeles Times reports that Rio Grande Valley border agents prosecuted 568 adults and separated 1,174 children since the administration announced its "zero tolerance" policy in early April. However, it only took a matter of hours to reunite more than a third of these children with their parents.

Another fact conveniently overlooked amid all the hysteria is that just because a group claims to be a family, doesn't mean it's true. The Department of Homeland Security says that from October 2017 to February 2018 it saw "a 315% increase in the number of cases with minors fraudulently posing as 'family units' to gain entry."
    You know what I’m pissed why don’t you gogle keep de crying at detention center girl has phone number memorized go ahead gogle it , stop trying to normalize what’s happening your better than this ! 
    Pro pública go ahead gogle it there’s awful audio go ahead look it up listen to the kids on there tell me how they are actors , fuck America at this point !
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’m hearing massively different descriptions of the places where these kids are being held.  In some sources they talk about them watching World Cup games on big flatscreen tv’s, playing foosball and pool.  There’s tons of people taking care of the kids and the kids are having fun.  In others they are concentration camps and in horrid conditions? Does anyone know what is really happening?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mcgruff10 said:

Stephen Colbert say maybe they're not even real children,  just adults on their knees with shoes.  You know-- Dorf.

Sorry McG, hysteria or not, what this administration is doing is fucked.  Pure and simple.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Stephen Colbert say maybe they're not even real children,  just adults on their knees with shoes.  You know-- Dorf.

Sorry McG, hysteria or not, what this administration is doing is fucked.  Pure and simple.
    Absolutely. I was just pointing out that a third of the kids have been reunited.  I had no clue about the second point. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    These kids are hostages. Plain and simple. Trump could've ended this yesterday if he wanted to.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:

American Academy of Pediatrics president: Trump family separation policy is 'child abuse'

http://thehill.com/latino/392790-american-academy-of-pediatrics-president-trumps-family-separation-policy-is-child
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    We need to remove children from their GOP parents.

Stop the ignorance, racism, bigotry and criminal activity.
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Absolutely. I was just pointing out that a third of the kids have been reunited.  I had no clue about the second point. 
    I respect that, McG, now let's hope the other 2/3 get reunited soon!

Smellyman said:
    We need to remove children from their GOP parents.

Stop the ignorance, racism, bigotry and criminal activity.
    Yes, and brain washing!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I hope everyone involved with this die horrible and painful deaths 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    So are you saying the Jews were criminals like the border crossers?
    Yes that  is exactly what I am saying. 
    Because the half of my family that was forcefully removed from theirs homes, herded onto cattle cars, taken to the camps,  separated from each other, then walked into the "showers" and then shoveled into mass graves were all criminals.

I should've known that a person who believes in "white genocide" would be smart enough to figure it out.

And clearly you don't see the difference, nobody is rounding up those crossing the southern border out of their homes.  So yeah the comparison is ridiculous.
    Well, they are also rounding up people out of their homes (and from their places of employment) in the United States - that's what those community ICE raids are.
    But the point is that parents and children are being separated and the kids are being kept in what are essentially prisons and are being irreparably harmed by the US government. And no, the comparison is not ridiculous. The Nazis took kids away from their parents without telling them when they'd see each other again, and then warehousing the children, and the US government is doing the exact same thing. That is an apt comparison. Just because the US isn't then murdering them all doesn't mean comparisons can't still be made.
    I disagree. I get the outrage for children being separated for days. But the facilities and practices being compared to Nazi is extreme.
    I haven’t seen any credible source these kids aren’t well cared for, they are fed, given TVs and not forced into child labor. They came here illegally, we didn’t go to their land and houses and drag them out for the purposes of mass execution.
    Im not denying the separation is causing problems, I just don’t agree it is a fair comparison to the Nazis. Sure, things don’t have to be exactly the same to compare, but this is like comparing Hanson to Pearl Jam. They both made music in the 90s, had long hair, had multiple drummers. Sure, they have some things in common, but we shouldn’t compare the two.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited June 2018
    Bah, it's still kidnapping.

To pretend it is all TVs and nice beds is also Bullshit.  I have yet to see any credible source of where they are staying other than what they want you to see.

People in Germany stood silent until it was too late too.  This is much like the early stages of Germany
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Because the half of my family that was forcefully removed from theirs homes, herded onto cattle cars, taken to the camps,  separated from each other, then walked into the "showers" and then shoveled into mass graves were all criminals.

I should've known that a person who believes in "white genocide" would be smart enough to figure it out.

And clearly you don't see the difference, nobody is rounding up those crossing the southern border out of their homes.  So yeah the comparison is ridiculous.
    Well, they are also rounding up people out of their homes (and from their places of employment) in the United States - that's what those community ICE raids are.
    But the point is that parents and children are being separated and the kids are being kept in what are essentially prisons and are being irreparably harmed by the US government. And no, the comparison is not ridiculous. The Nazis took kids away from their parents without telling them when they'd see each other again, and then warehousing the children, and the US government is doing the exact same thing. That is an apt comparison. Just because the US isn't then murdering them all doesn't mean comparisons can't still be made.
    I disagree. I get the outrage for children being separated for days. But the facilities and practices being compared to Nazi is extreme.
    I haven’t seen any credible source these kids aren’t well cared for, they are fed, given TVs and not forced into child labor. They came here illegally, we didn’t go to their land and houses and drag them out for the purposes of mass execution.
    Im not denying the separation is causing problems, I just don’t agree it is a fair comparison to the Nazis. Sure, things don’t have to be exactly the same to compare, but this is like comparing Hanson to Pearl Jam. They both made music in the 90s, had long hair, had multiple drummers. Sure, they have some things in common, but we shouldn’t compare the two.
    To we adults, the level of cruelty in our border situation may seem less extreme that that of Nazi prison camps... but to the kids being held captive I'll bet it feels like fucking hell.

brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

To we adults, the level of cruelty in our border situation may seem less extreme that that of Nazi prison camps... but to the kids being held captive I'll bet it feels like fucking hell.
    it's not may seem, what happened in Nazi prison camps to children shouldn't even be used as any kind of comparison. That's completely fucked up. 
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

it's not may seem, what happened in Nazi prison camps to children shouldn't even be used as any kind of comparison. That's completely fucked up. 
    What's fucked up is abusing and holding toddlers hostage to score political points. 

Trump and his cult have no moral high ground here. Outing themselves as the deplorables we all knew they were. 
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/obama-administration-placed-children-with-human-traffickers-report-says/2016/01/28/39465050-c542-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3cd4e25b52cb
  • brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

There's definitely some comparisons that can be made.

If I was a Trump enthusiast, I'd likely not want to acknowledge those comparisons, but they are there to be made.

"My brain's a good brain!"
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Really?  You don't think if you were a little kid and were taken from your parents and put in some locked facility by a bunch of people in uniforms and had no idea what was going to happen to you-- you don't think you'd be scared shitless?  From a child's perspective, I do believe the comparison is valid.  I stand by my words.

brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

There's definitely some comparisons that can be made.

If I was a Trump enthusiast, I'd likely not want to acknowledge those comparisons, but they are there to be made.

I'm not a Trump enthusiast. I can see good from both sides and I can see how some extremists follow blindly on both the far right and far left. There's no comparison. None. If a parent had a choice of their child being seperated for a day to verify who they are or a choice of having their child in a Nazi prison camp.. Are you fucking kidding me there is no comparison.