Options

2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    janvanderdam1975janvanderdam1975 Posts: 57
    edited June 2018
    it's not Tsang, it's Paul Jackson.

This is the mail I received:

Hello there! - thank you very much for your order of the Pearl Jam Amsterdam print.

Due to overwhelming demand for this limited edition release, the store crashed and accepted payment for some buyers that shouldn't have been possible.

To resolve this issue I have to limit orders to only being 1 print per customer. This has never happened before, and is extremely annoying and was difficult to resolve in such a short sell out time. As an artist and collector myself, I take measures to avoid this happening in the first place and I have a team of people working on it for future releases as we speak.  
    Post edited by janvanderdam1975 on
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    it's not Tsang, it's Paul Jackson.

This is the mail I received:

Hello there! - thank you very much for your order of the Pearl Jam Amsterdam print.

Due to overwhelming demand for this limited edition release, the store crashed and accepted payment for some buyers that shouldn't have been possible.

To resolve this issue I have to limit orders to only being 1 print per customer. This has never happened before, and is extremely annoying and was difficult to resolve in such a short sell out time. As an artist and collector myself, I take measures to avoid this happening in the first place and I have a team of people working on it for future releases as we speak.  
    Thanks! And I was referring to both Paul and Miles in that post towards the end. I still stand that he should honor his word. Doesn't your word mean something anymore? He should have listened to people who tried to get him change it before the sale. If he goes back on his word, by only limiting 1 per order well after the sale is over. That isn't fair either, is it? There is no fair way to resolve this situation now. He decided to keep the two per order, he should keep his word. It sucks for the ones who wanted one, and tried and didn't get one, but the rules before the sale was 2 per order. You don't make new rules up after the sale.

Like I said before, I have no dog in the fight. 

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,938
    It's all getting ridiculous.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's all getting ridiculous.  
    Yep! That's why I only collect prints from a show I attended now. This has gotten way out of hand.
  • Options
    I know. He should have done 1 in the first place. 

Missed the poster at the show. So I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my friend. Got the mail I will only receive 1. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Odd artists are against flippers, know there poster will sell out fast due to the overwhelming demand before it is available, and still allow 2 plus prints in the cart to be sold. 
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    EM194007 said:
    If he goes back on his word, by only limiting 1 per order well after the sale is over. That isn't fair either, is it? There is no fair way to resolve this situation now. 

As you say, there's likely no fair way to resolve it, so why keep on discussing it if you haven't participated in the sale? The only reason he's now limiting it to 1 per order is because his store crashed and the print was oversold by 20+%. If it can't be determined exactly what the order is that people ordered the print (which is quite probable) then this looks like a next-best solution to me.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,938
    PJNB said:
    Odd artists are against flippers, know there poster will sell out fast due to the overwhelming demand before it is available, and still allow 2 plus prints in the cart to be sold. 
    Agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    EM194007 said:
    If he goes back on his word, by only limiting 1 per order well after the sale is over. That isn't fair either, is it? There is no fair way to resolve this situation now. 

As you say, there's likely no fair way to resolve it, so why keep on discussing it if you haven't participated in the sale? The only reason he's now limiting it to 1 per order is because his store crashed and the print was oversold by 20+%. If it can't be determined exactly what the order is that people ordered the print (which is quite probable) then this looks like a next-best solution to me.
    When did it become unfair to discuss something, and when did we lose our freedom to do so?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    People shouldn't be needing 2 posters
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I’m happy these artists are getting paid!!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    MayDay10 said:
    People shouldn't be needing 2 posters
    Yup 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Artists should just start charging $250 per artist proof.  Rather them get the money than the flippers.  People would complain about them being "greedy" but it would cut down on secondary market.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Artists should just start charging $250 per artist proof.  Rather them get the money than the flippers.  People would complain about them being "greedy" but it would cut down on secondary market.
    They would have a lot of unsold artist proofs then. Not a good idea.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    You are not serious, right!? :o
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Start them at 200-250... if they don't sell, drop it by 50 and let it sit for a week or two and drop it another 50 and so on.  Flipping is never going to end.  Theres only so much an artist can do to cut down on it.  Its not fair of us to expect them to have a perfect sale system where not a single print is flipped.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    Agreed.  People pay $ 250 on the secondary market because they watched the original run sell out and couldn’t get one. Making the cost $250 from the start would make it tougher to sell out during the artist sale. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Sarava said:
    Agreed.  People pay $ 250 on the secondary market because they watched the original run sell out and couldn’t get one. Making the cost $250 from the start would make it tougher to sell out during the artist sale. 
    Flippers flip to make a profit.  End the profits, end the flipping.  
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2018
    No way.  I enjoy my <$100 APs
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2018
    Not a fan   

The solution to me is to keep APs at 100 count but sell more show editions on 10club.  Artists cant take the chance of losing their own sales. And 1 poster per person is a good enough rule. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Another idea I thought would work.  Lotteries with a non-refundable entry fee to avoid someone using 50 email addresses to get the number right.

Charge $10 to enter the lottery for a poster.  Give the lottery proceeds to charity.  Another way to cut out a flippers profit margin.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Another idea I thought would work.  Lotteries with a non-refundable entry fee to avoid someone using 50 email addresses to get the number right.

Charge $10 to enter the lottery for a poster.  Give the lottery proceeds to charity.  Another way to cut out a flippers profit margin.
    Another horrible idea...  You want me to pay for a chance to buy the AP?  Ummm, no.

Do what Emek does and ask questions or a real lottery.  He only releases half of his AP's though and archives the rest to resell later...
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Sarava said:
    Flippers flip to make a profit.  End the profits, end the flipping.  
     I agree somewhat with you. But there is a supply and demand to flipping and these posters are a status symbol to people.  If there’s no initial demand for them because the price is too high from the artist then they sit on the site.  And people don’t tend to want an item everyone can have.  They want the status of the sold out item in their collection.  Otherwise fallasheep would be worth big money. 

• Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    Lottery is a good idea for posters, but proof of ticket stub would be cool too for those who were at the shows.

But if they keep releasing undesirable merch that no one likes, then the flippers will have no market.
    I’m sorry but those four eyed Williams designs are awful!!!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    Lottery is a good idea for posters, but proof of ticket stub would be cool too for those who were at the shows.

But if they keep releasing undesirable merch that no one likes, then the flippers will have no market.
    I’m sorry but those four eyed Williams designs are awful!!!
    Proof of ticket stubs for the AP’s? Why should they be more entitled to one if it isn’t a SE? Same with the random drops after the shows, no one should be entitled to them. 

Keep the AP’s below $100 please and thank you. It’s already expensive enough to collect. 

The Jackson situation is messed up. His logic for 2 per person was to “allow more people to buy them.” How 1 per wouldn’t do that I dont know. But now he backs off on his own policy and just cancels the people with doubles, not fair imo. I didn’t try, so I don’t care too much, but bad practice. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    The artists should raffle off the AP's on Facebook
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    RP112579 said:
    The artists should raffle off the AP's on Facebook
    That's funny!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Have 10c produce more show editions.  APs will always be limited by nature and they should be. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516
    Have 10c produce more show editions.  APs will always be limited by nature and they should be. 
    It's one single run - not a separate run for each edition.

X amount of posters are simply pulled and shipped to the artist so they can be signed and numbered.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    I have a friend that is confused about how the merch is sold for London before the show. The message said inside at 2:00pm. I take it there is a spot before security that they use? I told him it will be easy to find but just curious if there was any more info someone could share.