Options

Request for song dedication to my late wife (Pearl Jam concert in Krakow, Poland, July 3, 2018)

Dear Pearl Jam,

Ever since she was a teenager, my late wife, Izabela, had dreamed of seeing Pearl Jam live. And so the moment I heard Pearl Jam would be performing in Poland this summer, I snapped up a pair of tickets for the two of us.

Sadly, my wife, who had been battling cancer, passed away in May. She was thirtyseven. She left behind two three-year-old twins. She is dearly missed.

I still had the tickets. I didn’t know what to do with them. First, I decided I couldn’t possibly go to the concert without her. Her absence would be too painful. The tickets would have to be given away.

But then I thought about how my wife would think I was a fool for not taking advantage of this opportunity! So I decided I would go, with Izabela, her dream coming true, accompanying me in spirit.

And then I began to wonder if a truly special thing could happen: if the band might consider dedicating the performance of a song in Krakow to the memory of Izabela. Garden, Black, Jeremy, Daughter. Immortality. A dedication before any of these songs, which I know she is now listening to on eternal repeat, would be a gesture I would be forever grateful for.

Thank you for reading. And whatever happens, I’ll be there in July. I can’t wait.

Rafal

Bielsko-Biała, Poland

Comments

• Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Fingers crossed! So sorry about your wife 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    I hope you get your wish. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited June 2018
    Wish u all the best. And pj plays your request  
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    Make  this happen . Somebody somewhere must  see this and make this happen. My heart  will be with you that night .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    piki81piki81 Kraków Posts: 3

Dear Friends. Let's all help to make it happen. Comment the post, ask your friends to comment the post. The more comments we leave the bigger chance someone from the band or their crew will read it.

I know Rafał and I know how much it would mean to him. And how much it would mean to Iza.

Peace and love

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    edited June 2018
    So sorry for your loss Rafal..i'll be there and i will sing lound any of these songs..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I'm sorry about the loss of your wife. I really hope they do this.
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Sorry for your loss- hope they honor the request!
  • Options
    nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    Sorry for your loss, i hope you get your request
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I'm so sorry your wife is gone, my thoughts are with you and your children. This request would be a wonderful thing, i hope this happens.  See you in Krakow.xxx 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Damn that really hit me hard. So sorry for your loss and I can not imagine what you are going through. Everybody is different but I believe you are making the correct decision in going. I will be in Krakow early on the 2nd. If you are there and would like to relax with another fan please send me a message. 
  • Options
    violciaviolcia Posts: 27
    So sorry for your loss! Hope you and your children will find a way to go on, keeping Izabela in your hearts. I will be in Kraków with you and I fully support your request. 

• Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    Sorry about your wife’s passing.  

But it I hope the boys come through for you. 
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    So very sorry for you and your family. My heart is so heavy hearing this. I wish you to enjoy the show in her honor. I will be on the other side of the world sending positive energy and healing to you and your family. :hug:
  • Options
    silvasilva Posts: 44
    So sorry for your loss. I hope this happens for you.
    Wembley London - 10/29/96
    Reading Festival - 08/27/06
    Wembley London - 06/18/07
    Milton Keynes - 07/11/14
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    I really hope this happens. I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sending love and best wishes.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    I'm glad you will be attending the concert and honoring her memory. Deepest sympathy for you and your family. Hopefully this will happen.
  • Options
    Sitos79Sitos79 Posts: 2

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind, thoughtful words and support. It means alot for me
  • Options
    piki81piki81 Kraków Posts: 3
    One week to go before Krakow show. Fingers crossed hopefully band crew will read it. Lets keep this post up!.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    Please, play Immortality in memory of Izabela.
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I am sorry for your loss
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    So sorry to hear such a sad story. Sending you best wishes. I hope the concert brings you some comfort.
  • Options
    prizzoprizzo Posts: 25
    So sorry for your loss. Sending nothing but good energy your way and I hope you and Izabela get your request.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    I cannot take anymore of these stories. Damn life is fucked up sometimes. So sad. I lost my mother to cancer at age 37 too. Be strong. RIP. 
  • Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    Condolences on your loss. I hope you get your wish in Krakow.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Please make this happen for Izabela, you and your family. Fuck cancer.