Options

Enjoy my Pearl Jam blog!

BL221101BL221101 Minneapolis Posts: 56
So I've been brainstorming ideas for a Pearl Jam blog/book for quite a while, and with this summer's upcoming Eurotrip, I thought, "What better time than now to start sharing my Pearl Jam experiences with the people who love this band just as much as I do!"  
So if you're interested in following along with my adventures this summer, take a sneak peak at my PJ-themed blog--Eyes Both Wide Open:  Part I--Long Road.  It's my first attempt at a blog, so if you've got any helpful hints, feel free to share them with me!  
And if you're touring around Europe, Seattle, or Chicago this summer, I look forward to meeting you!  Enjoy your summer, PJ Nation!  
49 and counting...

Comments

• Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Great first post. Good luck to you!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Good luck! Great idea. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Good luck. Enjoy the tour and I can't wait to read about it. 
  • Options
    Considering it’s been a year, I segued into Chris Cornell’s influence on my life today.  

https://eyesbothwideopen.com/
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    I had a questionable taste in music growing up before Pearl Jam came into my life.  Take a walk down memory lane with today's Eyes Wide Open blog post! 

https://eyesbothwideopen.com/2018/05/20/once-upon-a-time/
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Thanks for posting these - I’ve enjoyed reading so far.  Good luck with the travels.
  • Options
    So I've added audio versions of the first three posts.  They are amateur quality, but hey, I'm really enjoying writing/talking about my Pearl Jam adventures!  Check out the new audio versions at https://eyesbothwideopen.com/.  

Thanks!  Until next time! 
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    Glad to see MN getting some props.  Chicago isn't the only Midwest city, PJ. :-)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Great reads!  Keep them coming. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Thanks for sharing.  Queue up an Ice Bowl entry; “Freezin’...”. (Even Flow) and how two hours of synchronized jumping can get a crowd warmed up.
  • Options
    dcp3y said:
    Thanks for sharing.  Queue up an Ice Bowl entry; “Freezin’...”. (Even Flow) and how two hours of synchronized jumping can get a crowd warmed up.
    Haha!  That’s excellent!  The Ice Bowl episode is coming up soon.  I’m thinking, “Thought you burned not froze for your sins...” 
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    Alright, PJ fans...two new installments this week!  Hoping to add a third later!  Enjoy!  

Read "Tattooed All I See..." and "Thought You Burned, Not Froze for Your Sins..." and like, share, comment, etc!  

Thanks!  
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Thanks for sharing.  
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 598
    BL221101 said:
    I had a questionable taste in music growing up before Pearl Jam came into my life.  Take a walk down memory lane with today's Eyes Wide Open blog post! 

https://eyesbothwideopen.com/2018/05/20/once-upon-a-time/
    I'll say lol. Keep up the good work, I really enjoy these reads. I missed a great deal of the early 90's stuff for some of the reasons you've mentioned but mostly because I thought I was too damn old which I was really was. Can you see being an a guy in his early 30's when the average age at those wild early gigs then was maybe 16? Still it's been great getting familiar with the 90's stuff and we've now seen PJ 17 times since 2006.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    "The other day, Brandon sent me a text that read, “Is it fair to say I’m your Daisy Buchanan?”  I rolled my eyes–I hate The Great Gatsby.  My response: “If I’m doomed to that book as your analogy, then you’re Gatsby to my Nick.  Without you, there’s no story.  Without me, there’s no one to tell it.”  And if I may steal from a real literary work,  this blog is really nothing more than “a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”  I’ve put off writing these stories for years now because I wasn’t sure anyone would care about them, but now here you are, and here I am; and who you are is defined by the in-betweens and the breaths and the screams, so when I look back on the adventures I’ve taken the last fifteen years–when I finally started venturing beyond Minnesota borders–I’m so grateful that Brandon suggested I step out on the porch to see it all and see the world…"

From today's post, "I suggest you step out on your porch...
    Post edited by BL221101 on
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    New post today!

"In the summer of 2003, I decided to make a bucket list–I wanted to see a baseball game in every Major League Baseball stadium. Coincidentally, Pearl Jam was going on tour that summer, which gave me the perfect excuse to catch a Kansas City Royals game at Kaufmann Stadium, buy some peanuts and Cracker Jacks during the College World Series in Omaha, and cheer for the Minnesota Twins against the hated Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park."

49 and counting...
  • Options
    T-Minus 80 hours to Europe! Which new songs will I see this time around?!

"The beauty of it all is that you could go to Pearl Jam concerts for years and continue seeing songs you’ve never seen live before. In fact, it wasn’t until my 30th show–St. Paul in 2014–that I was shut out. Not a single song played that I hadn’t seen at least once before was played that night. But you know what? It was still a great show!

So the question remains: is it really about which Pearl Jam songs you’ve seen live? Shouldn’t we just be able to enjoy the shows for what they are at this stage in our lives?"

49 and counting...
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Last post before we leave for Europe on Sunday! Enjoy! See you on the flip side!

Follow me on Instagram: search "eyesbothwideopen" 
    Follow me on Twitter: search "eyesbothwideopen"

"I laid out the [2014] trip details and our tentative itinerary: fly in to Amsterdam for two shows in two days; then catch a flight to Milan and spend three days there while rocking out at another show; then take a train across northern Italy for a show in Trieste (as well as an eight-hour pit-stop in Verona so I can nerd out on Shakespeare for an afternoon); then venture over to Venice for 24 hours before heading north to Vienna; hop on the Hop-On/Hop-Off Bus in Vienna for some afternoon sightseeing before our fifth Pearl Jam show of the trip; then fly over to Berlin for three days, see our sixth and final show in the middle of a forest; then jettison back to Amsterdam for two more days so we can take a stroll around the Red Light District after watching the Holland national fútbol team play Mexico in the World Cup. A whirlwind of a trip, for sure, but one I was ready to embark upon. I just needed Jaime’s blessing; the fate of my summer vacation lay in her hands."

Post edited by BL221101 on
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    webbowebbo London, UK Posts: 104
    BL221101 said:
    T-Minus 80 hours to Europe! Which new songs will I see this time around?!

"The beauty of it all is that you could go to Pearl Jam concerts for years and continue seeing songs you’ve never seen live before. In fact, it wasn’t until my 30th show–St. Paul in 2014–that I was shut out. Not a single song played that I hadn’t seen at least once before was played that night. But you know what? It was still a great show!

So the question remains: is it really about which Pearl Jam songs you’ve seen live? Shouldn’t we just be able to enjoy the shows for what they are at this stage in our lives?"

Great idea for a blog! If you’re in London on Sunday come along to our pre-show party, lots of PJ fans from around the world are coming and we’ll be playing a 2hr plus set with raffle prizes (to raise cash for Given To Live) and lots more cool stuff! 
    https://www.seetickets.com/event/pearl-jam-london-pre-party/new-cross-inn/1194032

My new Youtube channel - learn how to play every guitar part for every PJ song! https://www.youtube.com/letsplayall
    My tribute band's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearljammband/
  • Options
    FINALLY got around to writing about our London experience!  Check it out!  

Also, if you're in Prague tonight (30/6/18), we are meeting up with some PJ fans from the States for beers at Letna Beer Garden around 7:30.  Come join us! 
    49 and counting...
  • Options

Hey PJ Fans!

I finally got around to updating my PJ/travel blog regarding the Padova show! Hoping to catch up on Rome, Prague, and Krakow in the next week! Stay safe! See you in Berlin!

49 and counting...
  • Options
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    Ok, I know I'm WAY behind on my blog, but I finally finished the Central Europe portion of our trip! Barcelona and the B-sides still to come!

This post is dedicated to Chris M. and Dave from Ireland, Chris and Evan from Toledo, Katy and Dave from Toledo, Lisa and her friend (sorry!) from D.C., Terry and Sara from NC, Hugo (?) and his friend (sorry) from Portugal, and all of the other great people we met during the Central Europe leg!

(Aaron and Seyton, don't worry...you'll get yours in the Barcelona blog!)

49 and counting...
  • Options
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    Uffda...I finally finished the last entry from our 2018 Eurotrip!  Enjoy, Pearl Jam fans!  See you in Seattle and Chicago!  

Barcelona:  "I'm Gonna See My Friend!"
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Great travel recaps. I am very jealous of your trip!
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Love it