Ramadan mubarak!

oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
Just wanted to recognize our Muslim brothers and sisters on the board as you go through the sacrifices of Ramadan. Good luck and take care of yourselves, particularly in the warmer climates - it must be a very long day!
my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    :hug:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Nice post, often :)

I heard mubarak many a time growing up, though through a different culture, different religion.

Still, I can relate in ways...we're really not all that different, I believe.

Despite (or because of?) the fasting, may it be a rewarding and collective time.

PS to Nart - :hug:
    Jinx on gambo!
  • waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    love this!  we are not fasting this year but we have in years past.  June = long days for sure but many blessings all around :)
    waverue said:
    love this!  we are not fasting this year but we have in years past.  June = long days for sure but many blessings all around :)
    Your av makes me :) . And agreed about the blessings.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Wanted to revive this thread as Ramadan is coming to a close for this year. Take care, all. Ramadan mubarak. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Ramadan Mubarak!  May the peace of Allah be with you.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    And Eid Mubarak tomorrow. I had a knock on the door at home last night. When I opened the door, two cute younger kids and their dad were on my porch wishing me a happy Eid and offering a nice little bag of sweets. I talked to them for a while. They've lived down the street for a couple of years, but I hadn't met them. So we chatted about Eid, and about giving gifts of sweets to celebrate the breaking of their fast. One of the kids said he'd be going to school on Friday and then coming home and partying. It was a nice little visit with neighbors I'd never met, I learned something new and I was glad for the experience.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I have no idea what Ramadan Mubarak is but I'm open to being educated.  I could cheat and Google it but would rather here from someone here.  Teach me!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Tierra del fuego.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Tierra del fuego.
    Huevos rancheros, amigos?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:
    I have no idea what Ramadan Mubarak is but I'm open to being educated.  I could cheat and Google it but would rather here from someone here.  Teach me!
    It’s a greeting that wishes the recipient a blessed Ramadan. Ramadan ends tomorrow, I believe (was supposed to end today but the lunar calendar can be a tricky one). Ramadan is the time of fasting and abstention between sunrise and sunset, and can be pretty challenging in more northern areas because a June day is so darn long. 
    brianlux said:
    It’s a greeting that wishes the recipient a blessed Ramadan. Ramadan ends tomorrow, I believe (was supposed to end today but the lunar calendar can be a tricky one). Ramadan is the time of fasting and abstention between sunrise and sunset, and can be pretty challenging in more northern areas because a June day is so darn long. 
    I am more learned now, now thank.