Jill Stein for President

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    sure hope you're not being serious
    you didn't actually call the Pakman show did you?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

Here's how it went:  Damn hot day for June + head ache = taking things too seriously. 

I'm sure you were kidding and it's no big deal, although the mods are not to crazy about making the conversation about a forum member (thus the link to forum rules) and your post could have been construed as such.  But believe me, we've all seen much worse around here, so no major harm or foul.

No, I didn't call Pakman.  The guy is on a mission and is quite clever at using all the tricks in the book, i.e. posting the shittiest photograph of Stein he could find and using  two examples of people calling in who are obviously poorly-spoken.  There's a term for what this guy does: "smoke and mirrors".  I'm not on any quest to defend Stein, but I'm not buying this guy Pak's bull. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

Here's how it went:  Damn hot day for June + head ache = taking things too seriously. 

I'm sure you were kidding and it's no big deal, although the mods are not to crazy about making the conversation about a forum member (thus the link to forum rules) and your post could have been construed as such.  But believe me, we've all seen much worse around here, so no major harm or foul.

No, I didn't call Pakman.  The guy is on a mission and is quite clever at using all the tricks in the book, i.e. posting the shittiest photograph of Stein he could find and using  two examples of people calling in who are obviously poorly-spoken.  There's a term for what this guy does: "smoke and mirrors".  I'm not on any quest to defend Stein, but I'm not buying this guy Pak's bull. 
    okay, cuz i really was just kidding. really no one is covering Jill Stein right now except him so forgive me for citing the guy so often.  hot days in socal can really suck when you don't have AC...i know all about it...

Stein did recently disclose that she is trying to get the source code for voting machines examined.  i'll disclose that i donated a significant amount of money to her 'recount' effort and that's why i'm so critical of her.   i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

okay, cuz i really was just kidding. really no one is covering Jill Stein right now except him so forgive me for citing the guy so often.  hot days in socal can really suck when you don't have AC...i know all about it...

Stein did recently disclose that she is trying to get the source code for voting machines examined.  i'll disclose that i donated a significant amount of money to her 'recount' effort and that's why i'm so critical of her.   i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.
    In that case, I really hope she does the right thing.  It's really frustrating to donate to an organization or an individual and later feel like your money was wasted. 

Over the years, on a number of occasions, I've revamped my giving as I've learned more about an organization.  With politics, that really becomes difficult.  I mean, who can you trust in politics any more?  That's a tough one.  I hope it turns our your dollars were well spent.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Trump has donated a total of $0 to his own charity since 2008. 

Great guy
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    Trump has donated a total of $0 to his own charity since 2008. 

Great guy
    he thought putin was going to. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

In that case, I really hope she does the right thing.  It's really frustrating to donate to an organization or an individual and later feel like your money was wasted. 

Over the years, on a number of occasions, I've revamped my giving as I've learned more about an organization.  With politics, that really becomes difficult.  I mean, who can you trust in politics any more?  That's a tough one.  I hope it turns our your dollars were well spent.
    i mostly regret it.  of course, i would love to wake up one day and read a story headlined "Stein Uncovers Massive Voting Fraud".
    yeah, trust no one (except maybe your dog).
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

i mostly regret it.  of course, i would love to wake up one day and read a story headlined "Stein Uncovers Massive Voting Fraud".

Oh, for goodness sake - my dog was so massively untrustworthy. She didn't even grovel afterward like a proper dog. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ummmmm, ahhhhh, no.

Yes, I was just kidding.

Oh, for goodness sake - my dog was so massively untrustworthy. She didn't even grovel afterward like a proper dog. 
    LOL!  Your dog must have thought she was a cat, haha!

My dog Ari was very trustworthy.  I could trust her to take every advantage to each something on the side of the sidewalk that looked disgusting and made her breath unbearable.  But I loved her anyway!

• Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    I vote for the Green Party in the UK elections - they are not gonna win where I am, but they fit in my belief system.
    I'm not a party member (ten club is my only gang) but I do give them some money when I can - and I get multiple emails a week about what is going on. They are a thing that exists.
    Is the American Green Party a real thing? Why don't they have candidates against all the bible-weirdo anti-climate Republicans at every senate, congress, state, dog catcher election?
    Or does 'Dr' Stein just rock up every 4 years for a laugh?

I vote for the Green Party in the UK elections - they are not gonna win where I am, but they fit in my belief system.
    I'm not a party member (ten club is my only gang) but I do give them some money when I can - and I get multiple emails a week about what is going on. They are a thing that exists.
    Is the American Green Party a real thing? Why don't they have candidates against all the bible-weirdo anti-climate Republicans at every senate, congress, state, dog catcher election?
    Or does 'Dr' Stein just rock up every 4 years for a laugh?

Yes, our Green Party is very real.  A lot of people don't take Greens seriously but they do win elections.  In all of 2017, 44 Green Party candidates won their election. 

Here's a link that lists the platform of the Green Party U.S.:

• Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    brianlux said:
    Yes, our Green Party is very real.  A lot of people don't take Greens seriously but they do win elections.  In all of 2017, 44 Green Party candidates won their election.  

Here's a link that lists the platform of the Green Party U.S.:

Thanks Brian, interesting read.
    And encouraging to know.
    the Pakman just won't let this go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAzP7qFPodI
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    In Ontario we just elected our first ever Green Party MPP ... 

Give Peas A Chance…

:clap:

brianlux said:

but also Premier Donald Trump
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

but also Premier Donald Trump
    Not even close ... nice try though.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    And I will add this ... unlike the Manitoba premier my gut tells me Doug Ford is not going to be spending weeks on end in Costa Rica.or the PM is paid full-time wages just took his 18th personnel day this year...LMFAO.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    And I will add this ... unlike the Manitoba premier my gut tells me Doug Ford is not going to be spending weeks on end in Costa Rica.or the PM is paid full-time wages just took his 18th personnel day this year...LMFAO.
    I agree. Pallister is a joke. he might be voted out next election on that one item alone. it's ridiculous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Doug Ford was voted in to make Ontario affordable again ... he' already said day 1 ontario begins to dismantle the cap n trade con job ... I support him 100% on this.  Wynn was a joke... and the NDP wanted to make Ontario a sanctuary province ... which makes the NDP the biggest political joke in Canada ... we in Ontario can wait 8 hours in the ER, now add Americans who would take advantage of that.  Ontario had no choice but go PC.  For the record I am Christine Elliot supporter ... she didn't win the leadership, but she stood firm behind ford ... and she'll be in his cabinet ... I'm good with that. He can assemble a strong team.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Doug Ford was voted in to make Ontario affordable again ... he' already said day 1 ontario begins to dismantle the cap n trade con job ... I support him 100% on this.  Wynn was a joke... and the NDP wanted to make Ontario a sanctuary province ... which makes the NDP the biggest political joke in Canada ... we in Ontario can wait 8 hours in the ER, now add Americans who would take advantage of that.  Ontario had no choice but go PC.  For the record I am Christine Elliot supporter ... she didn't win the leadership, but she stood firm behind ford ... and she'll be in his cabinet ... I'm good with that. He can assemble a strong team.
    I just don't trust him.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I agree. Pallister is a joke. he might be voted out next election on that one item alone. it's ridiculous. 
    The worst part of what he's doing that I don't like ... is he seems to thinks this is normal and OK.  Most people when caught doing that, they would modify their behaviour.  To much money in politics.  Pay these fuckers by the billable hours they actually work for the taxpayer.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The worst part of what he's doing that I don't like ... is he seems to thinks this is normal and OK.  Most people when caught doing that, they would modify their behaviour.  To much money in politics.  Pay these fuckers by the billable hours they actually work for the taxpayer.
    he claims he IS working, which is a joke, since he refuses to even leave a phone number where he can be reached. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he claims he IS working, which is a joke, since he refuses to even leave a phone number where he can be reached. 
    I wish I could find an employer who'd let me work in Cost Rica ... I've been there, it's a beautiful country with wonderful people.  It'd be my first choice ... at least he has good taste ... LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    Why do you keep acting like provincial parties and federal parties are basically the same thing?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What's all this Canadian bullshit about? :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    my2hands said:
    Haha, you're right, talk about off-topic!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    my2hands said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk