I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018

I spent about 2 hours cleaning my bowl last night.  I've had it for 10 years and I think it was only ever cleaned at the 6 month mark.  An hour of boiling with water & vinegar and another hour of soaking in alcohol, rinsing, & shaking with salt & alcohol. There's still a few fussy areas where the resin was built up so thick but I ran out of isopropyl, so hopefully I'll finish the job tonight.  Wanted to have a nice, clean piece for Friday.
    Wow, lol, that must have been one dirty pipe!! Have you ever tried that orange oil stuff? It works REALLY well. I always have a bottle on hand. You get it at the paraphernalia store. I get either Agent Orange or Orange Chronic. I believe they're the same product just packaged differently. It's so effective that you can use it, then pour it right back into the bottle and use it again. I don't do that just because I don't like the colour of the used solution (yucky), but I'm told that it's just as effective when you do that - I assume the point of reusing is to save money.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Smokin bowls, drinking rum and listening to PJ Radio....I love life!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited May 2018
    BLACK35 said:
    train wreck cart listening to Liz Phair exile on guyville...fuck and run..fuck and run..

Great album....
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    BLACK35 said:
    Insert bourbon for rum and I'd agree. 

haha! 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Looks like NJ is the next State? It may not be now, but  It will as the new Governor wants it.

http://www.nj.com/marijuana/2018/06/the_legal_weed_bill_weve_been_waiting_on_is_here_w.html#incart_river_index

The N.J. legal weed bill we've all been waiting on is finally here -- but can it pass?

By Payton Guion and Susan K. Livio

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

EDITOR'S NOTE: Interested in the marijuana business industry? NJ Cannabis Insider is a new premium intelligence briefing that features exclusive weekly content geared toward entrepreneurs, lawyers and realtors. View a sample issue.

The state senator leading the charge on legal weed in New Jersey introduced a new bill Thursday that would bring recreational marijuana to the state while expanding the medical marijuana program.

State Sen. Nicholas Scutari on Thursday unveiled a combined bill that aims to address the two biggest marijuana-related issues in New Jersey: an expansion of medical marijuana and full legalization of weed for adults. Senate President Stephen Sweeney, D-Gloucester, is also a prime sponsor, Scutari said.

This is the first bill introduced that combines the two efforts. Scutari's bill calls for 218 total marijuana dispensaries, 120 of them recreational and 98 of them medical.

According to Scutari and a copy of the legislation obtained by NJ Advance Media:

* Municipalities may ban a dispensary from opening within its border, but the local governing body must pass an ordinance doing so within 180 days of the law's enactment.

* The 7 percent sales tax on medicinal cannabis will be phased-out within three years.

* A dispensary may create a separate "retail marijuana consumption area" on the premises.

* A positive drug test cannot be used as the basis to deny a person medical care, housing or a job "unless failing to do so would put the school, employer, or landlord in violation of federal law or cause it to lose a federal contract or funding." 

Scutari, D-Union, also introduced another bill that only deals with making recreational marijuana legal for adults 21 and older.

Earlier in the day, Scutari had intended to introduce a third bill expanding the medicinal marijuana law, but he delayed doing so in order to work out details that would be agreeable to Sen. Joseph Vitale, D-Middlesex, the co-prime sponsor.

Vitale has said he would not support a combined bill and opposes recreational marijuana.

"The only thing the combined bill has in common is cannabis," Vitale said. "Each of those issues should e treated separately because they have different regulatory frameworks, challenges and purposes." 

Senate President Stephen Sweeney, D-Gloucester, has agreed to sign on as a prime sponsor of the combined bill, Scutari said.

NJ Advance Media reported last week that Scutari was considering merging medical and recreational marijuana in his new bill, and that such a move could jeopardize both efforts ahead of June 30, which is the Legislature's budget deadline and when lawmakers typically take their summer break.

"I'm going to give it a shot. But we are running out of time," Scutari said on Thursday.

Despite opposition from several lawmakers, Scutari's plan will have some support in the Legislature.

"I stand firmly behind Sen. Nicolas Scutari's proposal to merge the medical and recreational marijuana bills, and will be a vocal advocate in the Assembly," said Assemblyman Jamel Holley in a statement last week.

"The senator's proposal is the most sensible and streamlined way in which to address the issue, developing universal procedures and ensuring clarity," said Holley, who has expressed a willingness to be a sponsor.

Scutari has been working to get recreational marijuana in New Jersey since 2014. He introduced a recreational bill in 2017 that went nowhere and reintroduced that bill in January, as pot-friendly Gov. Phil Murphy was about to take office.

Murphy campaigned on marijuana legalization and announced a major expansion of New Jersey's medical marijuana program earlier this year. Several health conditions were added to the program and enrollment has gone from around 16,000 in December to 22,800 this week, according to the state Health Department.

While the governor has been able to take steps to grow the program, he's also looked to lawmakers to make some of the more ambitious changes, like allowing the state to issue licenses for new businesses to join the market.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    cutz said:
    Looks like NJ is the next State? It may not be now, but  It will as the new Governor wants it.

http://www.nj.com/marijuana/2018/06/the_legal_weed_bill_weve_been_waiting_on_is_here_w.html#incart_river_index

The N.J. legal weed bill we've all been waiting on is finally here -- but can it pass?

By Payton Guion and Susan K. Livio

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

EDITOR'S NOTE: Interested in the marijuana business industry? NJ Cannabis Insider is a new premium intelligence briefing that features exclusive weekly content geared toward entrepreneurs, lawyers and realtors. View a sample issue.

The state senator leading the charge on legal weed in New Jersey introduced a new bill Thursday that would bring recreational marijuana to the state while expanding the medical marijuana program.

State Sen. Nicholas Scutari on Thursday unveiled a combined bill that aims to address the two biggest marijuana-related issues in New Jersey: an expansion of medical marijuana and full legalization of weed for adults. Senate President Stephen Sweeney, D-Gloucester, is also a prime sponsor, Scutari said.

This is the first bill introduced that combines the two efforts. Scutari's bill calls for 218 total marijuana dispensaries, 120 of them recreational and 98 of them medical.

According to Scutari and a copy of the legislation obtained by NJ Advance Media:

* Municipalities may ban a dispensary from opening within its border, but the local governing body must pass an ordinance doing so within 180 days of the law's enactment.

* The 7 percent sales tax on medicinal cannabis will be phased-out within three years.

* A dispensary may create a separate "retail marijuana consumption area" on the premises.

* A positive drug test cannot be used as the basis to deny a person medical care, housing or a job "unless failing to do so would put the school, employer, or landlord in violation of federal law or cause it to lose a federal contract or funding." 

Scutari, D-Union, also introduced another bill that only deals with making recreational marijuana legal for adults 21 and older.

Earlier in the day, Scutari had intended to introduce a third bill expanding the medicinal marijuana law, but he delayed doing so in order to work out details that would be agreeable to Sen. Joseph Vitale, D-Middlesex, the co-prime sponsor.

Vitale has said he would not support a combined bill and opposes recreational marijuana.

"The only thing the combined bill has in common is cannabis," Vitale said. "Each of those issues should e treated separately because they have different regulatory frameworks, challenges and purposes." 

Senate President Stephen Sweeney, D-Gloucester, has agreed to sign on as a prime sponsor of the combined bill, Scutari said.

NJ Advance Media reported last week that Scutari was considering merging medical and recreational marijuana in his new bill, and that such a move could jeopardize both efforts ahead of June 30, which is the Legislature's budget deadline and when lawmakers typically take their summer break.

"I'm going to give it a shot. But we are running out of time," Scutari said on Thursday.

Despite opposition from several lawmakers, Scutari's plan will have some support in the Legislature.

"I stand firmly behind Sen. Nicolas Scutari's proposal to merge the medical and recreational marijuana bills, and will be a vocal advocate in the Assembly," said Assemblyman Jamel Holley in a statement last week.

"The senator's proposal is the most sensible and streamlined way in which to address the issue, developing universal procedures and ensuring clarity," said Holley, who has expressed a willingness to be a sponsor.

Scutari has been working to get recreational marijuana in New Jersey since 2014. He introduced a recreational bill in 2017 that went nowhere and reintroduced that bill in January, as pot-friendly Gov. Phil Murphy was about to take office.

Murphy campaigned on marijuana legalization and announced a major expansion of New Jersey's medical marijuana program earlier this year. Several health conditions were added to the program and enrollment has gone from around 16,000 in December to 22,800 this week, according to the state Health Department.

While the governor has been able to take steps to grow the program, he's also looked to lawmakers to make some of the more ambitious changes, like allowing the state to issue licenses for new businesses to join the market.

Good luck, NJ!

It's high time (and I mean HIGH time) the feds declassify marijuana and make it legal nationwide.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Gorilla bomb!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    dankind said:
    Gorilla bomb!
    I love that shit! Enjoy!!! :)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Think I’m taking a break for a while. 
    Think I’m taking a break for a while. 
    Enjoy the break and have another hit... of fresh air!  *

I do that now and then as well.  My breaks last anywhere from a few days to  occasionally weeks or months, and two or three times, it was a year or two.  In fact, most or all of 2016 was a break for me. 

* Cool song-- haven't heard it for some time.  Here it is...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited June 2018
    Just really baked, been to smoking  all day and now chilling with some Chris Cornell Song Book on vinyl and it just don't get any better then this.....peace!
    Post edited by BLACK35 on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Man I'm in a zone......Chris Cornell on Max ===== AWESOME!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Trying some live resin for the first time.

#FHP
    Horos said:

How's that working out for you?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horos said:

How's that working out for you?
    Haven't tried dabbing it yet but a little on top of a bowl is real tasty and I'm high AF.
    #FHP
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I got my medicinal card for ny today.  Still pretty restrictive as far as what they offer though.  Pills, tincture, or a medicine-tasting inhaler/pen/vape.  I got my foot in the door though, its sure to expand.  The governor also asked the health dept to conduct a study on ny recreational implications and their report is basically an open endorsement... so maybe we are getting closer
    Horos said:

Interesting.  How is this different from hashish (which I believe is resin, right?)

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:

I spent about 2 hours cleaning my bowl last night.  I've had it for 10 years and I think it was only ever cleaned at the 6 month mark.  An hour of boiling with water & vinegar and another hour of soaking in alcohol, rinsing, & shaking with salt & alcohol. There's still a few fussy areas where the resin was built up so thick but I ran out of isopropyl, so hopefully I'll finish the job tonight.  Wanted to have a nice, clean piece for Friday.
    Wow, lol, that must have been one dirty pipe!! Have you ever tried that orange oil stuff? It works REALLY well. I always have a bottle on hand. You get it at the paraphernalia store. I get either Agent Orange or Orange Chronic. I believe they're the same product just packaged differently. It's so effective that you can use it, then pour it right back into the bottle and use it again. I don't do that just because I don't like the colour of the used solution (yucky), but I'm told that it's just as effective when you do that - I assume the point of reusing is to save money.

the orange chronic is excellent.  I clean my pipe weekly...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:

Interesting.  How is this different from hashish (which I believe is resin, right?)
    Hash is basically resin. Either rubbed off by hand(black hash) or sifted and pressed(blond hash). I'm not sure how this is processed but it's lab tested at 75% THC. It tastes just like hash.
    #FHP
    From google:

When it comes to concentrates, butane hash-oil (BHO) is the most common form. ... While the production process of BHO is relatively simple, producing live resin is a lot more complex. Live resin is produced in a very similar fashion to BHO, but with fresh, flash frozen bud, as opposed to bud that has been dried and cured.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:

Hash is basically resin. Either rubbed off by hand(black hash) or sifted and pressed(blond hash). I'm not sure how this is processed but it's lab tested at 75% THC. It tastes just like hash.
    Yum!

edited July 2018
    So apparently there is a big sativa shortage happening here. Dispensaries are literally out of it in a lot of cases, and it's been weeks, and still not improved. I've noticed that the selection of hybrids has also gone down. I have not been able to find sativa for a good 6 weeks (I've turned to a hybrid budder instead). I asked the guy at the place wtf was going on, and he just said that there isn't any supply and talked about how it is super hard to grow sativa. But that doesn't explain the sudden shortage, which has never been an issue before. I have a suspicion that maybe the impending legalization has something to do with this sativa supply issue. Like maybe sativa producers are stocking up for legalization because it is harder to grow, and they want to make sure they are prepared to stock the stores come October??? Anyone else in metro Van or BC generally found a shortage of sativa?
    PJ_Soul said:
    So apparently there is a big sativa shortage happening here. Dispensaries are literally out of it in a lot of cases, and it's been weeks, and still not improved. I asked the guy at the place wtf was going on, and he just said that there isn't any supply and talked about how hard it is super hard to grow sativa. But that doesn't explain the sudden shortage, which has never been an issue before. I have a suspicion that maybe the impending legalization has something to do with this sativa supply issue. Like maybe sativa producers are saving it for legalization because it is harder to grow, so they want to make sure they are prepared to stock the stores come October??? Anyone else in metro Van or BC generally found a shortage of sativa?
    Can the medicinal suppliers also supply the recreational users as well ... that could limit supply for everyone for a short while until more grow ops come online...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    So apparently there is a big sativa shortage happening here. Dispensaries are literally out of it in a lot of cases, and it's been weeks, and still not improved. I asked the guy at the place wtf was going on, and he just said that there isn't any supply and talked about how hard it is super hard to grow sativa. But that doesn't explain the sudden shortage, which has never been an issue before. I have a suspicion that maybe the impending legalization has something to do with this sativa supply issue. Like maybe sativa producers are saving it for legalization because it is harder to grow, so they want to make sure they are prepared to stock the stores come October??? Anyone else in metro Van or BC generally found a shortage of sativa?
    Can the medicinal suppliers also supply the recreational users as well ... that could limit supply for everyone for a short while until more grow ops come online...
    I am talking about medical dispensaries.... but of course I don't know who their specific suppliers are. This is still a grey market, so very much not cut and dry as far as supply goes.
    Oh I see ... we don't have dispensaries here ... 2 opened up in the area, but were shutdown by police.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Oh I see ... we don't have dispensaries here ... 2 opened up in the area, but were shutdown by police.
    We still have a ton of unlicensed dispensaries here, but the City of Vancouver has licensed some of them (for a $30K annual licensing fee, and they have to meet certain regulations, i.e. can't sell edibles (dumb), and can't be within a certain distance of schools, that kind of thing) ... It's still illegal as far as the provincial and federal governments are concerned of course, but they don't give a shit obviously.
    PJ_Soul said:
    We still have a ton of unlicensed dispensaries here, but the City of Vancouver has licensed some of them (for a $30K annual licensing fee, and they have to meet certain regulations, i.e. can't sell edibles (dumb), and can't be within a certain distance of schools, that kind of thing) ... It's still illegal as far as the provincial and federal governments are concerned of course, but they don't give a shit obviously.
    Obvious ... 30 grand licensing  fee is theft.  Just another attempt by government to shut out small business entrepreneurs from the market.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Obvious ... 30 grand licensing  fee is theft.  Just another attempt by government to shut out small business entrepreneurs from the market.
    Lol, well considering the fact that it's completely illegal for those businesses to be operating in the first place, I'd say it's actually a pretty fucking good deal. Most cities would just raid them and shut them down, and then fine them and/or press criminal charges, sooooo.....
    I was at a dispensary yesterday and they had sativa (Ontario)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    edited July 2018
    BLACK35 said:
    I was at a dispensary yesterday and they had sativa (Ontario)
    Yeah, I didn't really imagine it was a national shortage. Just a more local one. Most of the (semi-legal/illegal) dispensaries here get their stuff pretty local.