Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!

You're preaching to the choir, Jose.

Nobody here supports Trump. Outside of BS (who doesn't have a vote), not one 10C member has openly endorsed the guy when the question has been asked over and over again.

Either that or they are too ashamed to admit they are aligned with the idiot- knowing they shouldn't be. 
    I don't recall the usernames, but I have seen a few. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!

Nobody here supports Trump. Outside of BS (who doesn't have a vote), not one 10C member has openly endorsed the guy when the question has been asked over and over again.

Either that or they are too ashamed to admit they are aligned with the idiot- knowing they shouldn't be. 

I have as well, but that was months ago if I recall correctly.

One actually wrote a decent post explaining his position and why he voted for McDonald, but the tone of the passage seemed to indicate he was lamenting his decision somewhat. I could be wrong.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    If anyone hasn't seen it and is interested, pop up to the Porch and look at the Dennis Rodman Just Mentioned Eddie from Singapore thread. You'll find some die hard Trumpists there, convinced that he's leading the new world order. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!

They all seem to be over on the Porch, lol. Not surprising to see, though, that none of them know what the fuck they're talking about for the most part. Faux News viewers me thinks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I know guys/gals that everyone here for the most part doesn't support this administration or it's leader this issue has affected me i just want this thread not to go away ...That's why i bump it 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    My thoughts are with every kid missing their parents everyday I’ll be here , this weekend I plan on going to representatives offices to see if I can talk to any of them here on Long Island!
    Inside Casa Padre, the converted Walmart where the U.S. is holding nearly 1,500 immigrant children - The Washington Post https://apple.news/AaLgKP5vOTUiPRprbAWfHZQ
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

I voted for him and it seems every day there is a new reason for me to add to my regret in doing so.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    KC138045 said:

I voted for him and it seems every day there is a new reason for me to add to my regret in doing so.

i applaud your honesty, please don't make the same mistake in 2020
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    my2hands said:
    KC138045 said:

i applaud your honesty, please don't make the same mistake in 2020
    Oh I won't.  That's for sure.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I voted for him and I’m for the most part happy with what he’s done.  Not how he acts/speaks/tweets but he’s been doing a lot of the things I had hoped he would do.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I voted for him and I’m for the most part happy with what he’s done.  Not how he acts/speaks/tweets but he’s been doing a lot of the things I had hoped he would do.
    Well, I'm glad it has worked out how you wanted because I agree that he has done a lot of the things he told his voters; however, I disagree with pretty much all of what those were so I am very unsatisfied. It sounds like you are on the way to voting him in a 2nd term. Do you think there is any long term ramifications for the policies and executive orders he is putting in place? A lot of people believe that what he is doing with the tax cuts, spending bloat and deregulation will send us in to another recession in a few years.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Well, I'm glad it has worked out how you wanted because I agree that he has done a lot of the things he told his voters; however, I disagree with pretty much all of what those were so I am very unsatisfied. It sounds like you are on the way to voting him in a 2nd term. Do you think there is any long term ramifications for the policies and executive orders he is putting in place? A lot of people believe that what he is doing with the tax cuts, spending bloat and deregulation will send us in to another recession in a few years.
    Well I’m not exactly sure I’ll vote for him- depends who the candidates are.  I don’t vote strictly party line, it depends on the issues and where they stand.   I’ll see what the picture is like when that campaign is underway.

as for the economy question, I think it’s a roller coaster and things don’t stay great forever nor do they stay shitty forever, it goes up and down.

as far as the executive orders go, it depends on which ones you’re talking about.  Name some and I’ll be happy to give you my opinion.
  • I voted for him and I’m for the most part happy with what he’s done.  Not how he acts/speaks/tweets but he’s been doing a lot of the things I had hoped he would do.
    Well one should be so grateful he has represented them so well!

I'm glad things have worked out for you.
  • KC138045 said:

Refreshing. Almost uplifting.

Thanks!
    That's not the question here , how do you feel about children being taken away from their parents answer that ...
    tbergs said:
    Well I’m not exactly sure I’ll vote for him- depends who the candidates are.  I don’t vote strictly party line, it depends on the issues and where they stand.   I’ll see what the picture is like when that campaign is underway.

as for the economy question, I think it’s a roller coaster and things don’t stay great forever nor do they stay shitty forever, it goes up and down.

as far as the executive orders go, it depends on which ones you’re talking about.  Name some and I’ll be happy to give you my opinion.
    Are you comfortable voting for him again with this new news about all the illegal activity conducted by him and his children via his so-called charity?

Genuinely curious: what has he done that has made you happy, specifically?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Do you serve Koolaid at your restaurant? Lol
    That's not the question here , how do you feel about children being taken away from their parents answer that ...
    If their parents broke the law entering the country illegally then they deal with the penalty.  If they’re here legally then that’s super fucked up.

my2hands said:
    Do you serve Koolaid at your restaurant? Lol
    Hahahhahahaha!!! No.
    If their parents broke the law entering the country illegally then they deal with the penalty.  If they’re here legally then that’s super fucked up.
    Really? I'm a bit surprised to see anyone say that.... I know you're aware that their parents, while breaking the law, are doing so in an attempt to provide something better for their children. That may be wrong to you, and you may think that's a very flawed solution to their woes in Mexico (I even tend to agree with you on that)... But you really think ripping their children away from them the way they are, and then not even adequately caring for those children, isn't fucked up either way? That seems pretty fucking cold man.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    One Honduran woman claims that her baby daughter was taken away from her while breastfeeding. What heartless, soulless motherfuckers we've become. The sea levels can't rise fast enough to rid this beautiful planet of such an awful plague of a species.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Cold & heartless is the new cool to some folks

I agree with dankind, let the nukes fly
    coming from you this doesn't surprize me at all have a great day eating your cake next time your in the playgorund with your kids just try to think about the children that are being kept away from their parents ...
    dankind said:
    One Honduran woman claims that her baby daughter was taken away from her while breastfeeding. What heartless, soulless motherfuckers we've become. The sea levels can't rise fast enough to rid this beautiful planet of such an awful plague of a species.
    I feel the same way we've become a despicable race and today i'm ashamed to be living here with folks like the one above who has no apathy ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    Really? I'm a bit surprised to see anyone say that.... I know you're aware that their parents, while breaking the law, are doing so in an attempt to provide something better for their children. That may be wrong to you, and you may think that's a very flawed solution to their woes in Mexico (I even tend to agree with you on that)... But you really think ripping their children away from them the way they are, and then not even adequately caring for those children, isn't fucked up either way? That seems pretty fucking cold man.
    The whole “trying to better for their children” thing could apply to bank robbers too. I don’t buy it.

and still the handling of the situation by the current admin and authorities is awful and shouldn’t be tolerated. It is immoral to take the children away without providing care and security.  I can’t even imagine who thought up this plan.
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    The whole “trying to better for their children” thing could apply to bank robbers too. I don’t buy it.

and still the handling of the situation by the current admin and authorities is awful and shouldn’t be tolerated. It is immoral to take the children away without providing care and security.  I can’t even imagine who thought up this plan.
    Agree the countries where these folks are running from should be held accountable too .....
    PJ_Soul said:

Pardon? Bank robbers generally pose a serious threat to people's lives and are stealing from others. How can you make that comparison?? Not all crimes are equal.
    If people are bringing their children with them through a very risky experience, why the hell else do you think they're doing it? What is it you're not buying? If they aren't bringing their kids with them across the border like that in order to try and find some better life or more opportunities for their family, what do you think they're doing? They're certainly not running to the US to make sure they maintain the exact same life they've been living in Mexico.
    But in any case, here you are acknowledging that taking these children away they way they are is immoral and shouldn't be tolerated (separating the kids from their parents at all is wholly unnecessary no matter how it's done btw), but that is a contradiction to what you said above. :confused: I'm not trying to rag on you (... not really, lol), I'm just trying to figure out how one can claim to be happy with what Trump and his administration is doing but then often say how you're not happy about a bunch of stuff.... It just doesn't make much sense to me.
    So again, what exactly has Trump done that you're happy with?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Someone needs to put ICE back on the short leash, but that won't happen with the 5'3" hillbilly Sessions running the show. 

ICE detains legal resident who lived in US for 50 years

62 years old, and has lived here for 50 years, and has "legal" status. But it is a tough time to live in the US if you speak with an accent and your skin is brown.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Pardon? Bank robbers generally pose a serious threat to people's lives and are stealing from others. How can you make that comparison?? Not all crimes are equal.
    If people are bringing their children with them through a very risky experience, why the hell else do you think they're doing it? What is it you're not buying? If they aren't bringing their kids with them across the border like that in order to try and find some better life or more opportunities for their family, what do you think they're doing? They're certainly not running to the US to make sure they maintain the exact same life they've been living in Mexico.
    But in any case, here you are acknowledging that taking these children away they way they are is immoral and shouldn't be tolerated (separating the kids from their parents at all is wholly unnecessary no matter how it's done btw), but that is a contradiction to what you said above. :confused: I'm not trying to rag on you (... not really, lol), I'm just trying to figure out how one can claim to be happy with what Trump and his administration is doing but then often say how you're not happy about a bunch of stuff.... It just doesn't make much sense to me.
    So again, what exactly has Trump done that you're happy with?
    cincy and rolemodels are two different posters. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD