Donald Trump

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    I heard some great comments this past weekend at an extended family gathering. These are uncles and cousins. I may have been the only non-supporter there.

On Border Security: The easiest way to stop all the illegal border crossings would be to put a marine every 50 yards armed with a semi-auto rifle and shoot everyone they see. There were debates about whether this would ever be allowed because you know, human rights and all.
    "Global Warming": A - Wasn't that made up by Al Gore?
                                     B - Yeah, the same guy who invented the internet.
                                     A - Leave it to a Democrat to spread bullshit to sucker people.
    Scientists: The premise here was that they basically don't know shit and that there's a biblical explanation for dinosaurs and the world is only about 6000 years old. I could barely contain myself sitting through this drivel.
    On Obama: A - Wasn't it ____ who used to call Obama's wife Mike?
                        B - What?
                        A - Didn't he call Obama's wife Mike?
                        B - Mike? I don't know, why?
                        A - Because there were reports saying she used to be a man....

These are just the few gems I heard. I avoided conversation of any substance at all costs. Nice people if you can avoid conversations about the state of the country and world. 
    Oh man.... If that were my family I would fight it tooth and nail TBH, lol. I would not be able to contain myself at all. It would be a big clusterfuck, but I'd be glad I stood up for reason at least, even if I became estranged from my family members... I feel like I'd be better off being estranged from idiots like that anyhow. Erm, no offense. I have enough trouble dealing with my climate change denying father and my racist mother (who is in 100% denial about her racism).
    Yeah, that's the conundrum I was in. I already have separated myself from that side of my family because of this and other viewpoints. I've had all out throw downs in the past in my younger days, but I've determined nothing I say will ever make them think twice about the ignorant views they have so my only goal was to keep my kids away, or at least be able to explain, the racist comments and crazy bullshit. I haven't seen several of these people in over a decade and was staying at their house for 4 days so I toned down a lot more than I would otherwise if this was a one off gathering. It was a strong reminder of why we have Trump though. There is a completely different thinking that stems from manufactured beliefs and uninformed opinions where education and science are considered bullshit. These are also people who have all served in the military, whether Vietnam or Iraq, so every day it was a different form of military propaganda apparel being worn. Anyone who links the freedom of this country to the wars in Vietnam and Iraq has been brainwashed beyond anything I can ever explain.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    I heard some great comments this past weekend at an extended family gathering. These are uncles and cousins. I may have been the only non-supporter there.

On Border Security: The easiest way to stop all the illegal border crossings would be to put a marine every 50 yards armed with a semi-auto rifle and shoot everyone they see. There were debates about whether this would ever be allowed because you know, human rights and all.
    Scientists: The premise here was that they basically don't know shit and that there's a biblical explanation for dinosaurs and the world is only about 6000 years old. I could barely contain myself sitting through this drivel.
                        B - What?

These are just the few gems I heard. I avoided conversation of any substance at all costs. Nice people if you can avoid conversations about the state of the country and world. 
    Oh man.... If that were my family I would fight it tooth and nail TBH, lol. I would not be able to contain myself at all. It would be a big clusterfuck, but I'd be glad I stood up for reason at least, even if I became estranged from my family members... I feel like I'd be better off being estranged from idiots like that anyhow. Erm, no offense. I have enough trouble dealing with my climate change denying father and my racist mother (who is in 100% denial about her racism).
    Yeah, that's the conundrum I was in. I already have separated myself from that side of my family because of this and other viewpoints. I've had all out throw downs in the past in my younger days, but I've determined nothing I say will ever make them think twice about the ignorant views they have so my only goal was to keep my kids away, or at least be able to explain, the racist comments and crazy bullshit. I haven't seen several of these people in over a decade and was staying at their house for 4 days so I toned down a lot more than I would otherwise if this was a one off gathering. It was a strong reminder of why we have Trump though. There is a completely different thinking that stems from manufactured beliefs and uninformed opinions where education and science are considered bullshit. These are also people who have all served in the military, whether Vietnam or Iraq, so every day it was a different form of military propaganda apparel being worn. Anyone who links the freedom of this country to the wars in Vietnam and Iraq has been brainwashed beyond anything I can ever explain.
    Intellectually I "get" it.... but I really don't get it. I don't understand how people can think like that - it's like a form of insanity, you know?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

my brother in law once told me that Obama wouldn't have been elected "except for all the niggers"

I proclaimed myself a nigger that day.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

Jesus. there is an infinite amount of things for families to hate each other for in the US, it seems. you don't hear much about military arguments up here. at least I don't. 

even the staunchest political party supporters are usually fairly good natured about their choice and why. they don't necessarily hate the "other team" with nearly the same vitriol. 

although it seems to be moving that way lately. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

tbergs said:

B - What?

I have no idea how you could stand that. Maybe I could smile and let the anti-science stuff go. Not the border suggestions, though. Good luck to you. 
    I couldn't, which is why I steered clear of the more extreme people, but I still heard the side conversations. I think they all pretty much know where I stand so nothing was ever really said in conversation with me. The stickers on our vehicle carrier speak for themselves:

tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

Jesus. there is an infinite amount of things for families to hate each other for in the US, it seems. you don't hear much about military arguments up here. at least I don't. 

even the staunchest political party supporters are usually fairly good natured about their choice and why. they don't necessarily hate the "other team" with nearly the same vitriol. 

That is how the GOP is able to win.  They convinced the low information voter that the GOP is their "team" and the dems are the enemy. 

The GOP is anti-union yet (at least in Indiana) the union members vote GOP because they hate government and the GOP means small government....which is a fucking joke.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

That is how the GOP is able to win.  They convinced the low information voter that the GOP is their "team" and the dems are the enemy. 

The GOP is anti-union yet (at least in Indiana) the union members vote GOP because they hate government and the GOP means small government....which is a fucking joke.  
    Truly. Indiana is where all these relatives live. The beautiful area outside of Gary. And most are union workers. They believe it so much so that it is astounding. 
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

Truly. Indiana is where all these relatives live. The beautiful area outside of Gary. And most are union workers. They believe it so much so that it is astounding. 
    What do you think they'll say if their unions are busted up under the GOP? Would they still support them?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

What do you think they'll say if their unions are busted up under the GOP? Would they still support them?
    I really don't know. Whatever the wacko far right told them to make it sound like it was a liberal who caused it. Growing up, I never really remember them supporting the GOP. They were the Ross Perot type and bitched about both side, but it seems that has become today's GOP so I think they finally got what they wanted in Perot with Trump. They speak just like he does so none of his rhetoric bothers them.
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

I really don't know. Whatever the wacko far right told them to make it sound like it was a liberal who caused it. Growing up, I never really remember them supporting the GOP. They were the Ross Perot type and bitched about both side, but it seems that has become today's GOP so I think they finally got what they wanted in Perot with Trump. They speak just like he does so none of his rhetoric bothers them.
    They babble incoherently and lie all the time too?? ;)
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

They babble incoherently and lie all the time too?? ;)
    Haha! Yeah, in a way. The words are strung together a little better, but the content is nonsense.
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

B - What?

I can't believe the teachers that support tRump.  Unbefuckinglievable.  It's like...one party wants to give you guaranteed raises, make your salary competitive so that good teaches stay in public schools, provide funding so that teachers don't have to buy supplies out of pocket, and the other party wants to cut education funding in a massive way.

And yet they vote GOP....slugs for salt

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    vaggar99 said:
    dignin said:

Tillerson and Mattis are reportedly trying to hold Trump back from striking North Korea

http://www.businessinsider.com/tillerson-mattis-trump-north-korea-strike-2018-1
    what is Trump's beef with Kimmy anyway?  Is he jealous of the Rodman bromance?  Those two just need to talk it out over a Happy Meal and some Katy Perry tunes.  easy peasy
    'Cause baby you're a firework
    Come on show 'em what your worth
    Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
    As you shoot across the sky-y-y
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Drain the swamp, my ass. Look who TeamTrump Treason aligns himself with to be represented by and look at what Jared Dear Boy is up to. And you guys were worried about “crooked Hillary?” Suckers.

Rudy’s Week Has Gone from Bad to Finding Out You’ve Been Screwing Your (Second) Cousin for 14 Years - Vanity Fair https://apple.news/Adhw8gTfFSgqRYn90wdx_vA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    What did you know and when did you know it? Counsel would like to remind the witness that they’re under oath. Careful how you answer.

Mueller requests 150 blank subpoenas in Manafort case - The Hill https://apple.news/AA4IoqRi-Qymru5Dmfkj1YA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Awful lot of witches flying around. Awful lot.

Brilliantati©
    And there is a god after all.

Rats, Ships, Etc. - Splinter https://apple.news/A_XfNj8J4TDOm9HO6tCcqBQ

Brilliantati©
  • And there is a god after all.

Too funny.

Man... as much as we can envision the level of dysfunction in the White House... we really can't.  
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited June 2018
    And there is a god after all.

Of course there is a god.  May FSM hold you in his noodly appendages. R'Amen.

And the quote "it's going to be harder to find good people to replace them" will have me chuckling all evening. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Why Justin Trudeau Is Able to Stand Up to Donald Trump

Beneath the days’ conflicts between Trudeau and Trump lay a deeper conflict between a society that, for all its difficulties, has a strong public sphere and a powerful sense of solidarity—and the American one, that is debased every day by its own leader. The bankruptcy of America’s social capital becomes more evident when we see it flourish elsewhere. It’s no accident that Trudeau, in addition to receiving the support of his own Parliament, has received that of what used to be called the free world. The American President, meanwhile, has found himself more at home with the brutal leaders of gangster governments. Not an accident at all. But certainly a tragedy.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/why-justin-trudeau-is-able-to-stand-up-to-donald-trump
  • What I truly find amazing is the GOP are the more nauseating USA chest thumpers (generally speaking). Yet... where is the indignation for the republican president of their country sucking up to Russia and cozying up to North Korea?

Do they not understand they will need to look in the mirror some day and account for their complicity?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Sad that the pride and them not being able to "admit defeat" makes the republicans cling to Trump to survive the next election. Instead of admitting he is the cancer - to the party, your country and our world - as he is.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What I truly find amazing is the GOP are the more nauseating USA chest thumpers (generally speaking). Yet... where is the indignation for the republican president of their country sucking up to Russia and cozying up to North Korea?

Do they not understand they will need to look in the mirror some day and account for their complicity?
    Easy answer... they are all FRAUDS... every single last one of them, that goes for the GOP voters/supporters as well
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    He admires dictatorships and of this nation doesn’t stand up to this we will be just like every other nation under rule of a thug ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Happy flag day everyone! Do you think Team Trump Treason has any pomp and circumstance planned for today? Maybe wrap himself in the flag? Send out some disparaging tweets about the NFL? Maybe a White House lawn party with flag colored paper plates and napkins with lemonade? Anyone?

Brilliantati©
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Happy flag day everyone! Do you think Team Trump Treason has any pomp and circumstance planned for today? Maybe wrap himself in the flag? Send out some disparaging tweets about the NFL? Maybe a White House lawn party with flag colored paper plates and napkins with lemonade? Anyone?

I'm thinking he'll karaoke the national anthem.

To really show patriotism and to also show hi 'hip' side... he'll be wearing some American flag boardshorts (6" in-seams), a neoprene knee brace and a Billabong camo tank top (hopefully one of his boobs doesn't flop out or anything- ain't nobody got time for that!).
    It was a fun watch. Give The Mooch credit for sticking up for a free press and the role it plays in our democracy.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    idiot salutes a military general of a hostile nation. when obama bowed to a saudi king, he called him an "amateur". trump has just handed NK propaganda on a fucking silver platter. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    idiot salutes a military general of a hostile nation. when obama bowed to a saudi king, he called him an "amateur". trump has just handed NK propaganda on a fucking silver platter. 

how fucking weak was THAT look?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.