*** Amsterdam, NL Fanviews Here 6/13/18 ***

Comments

• TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    Only 1 cover song each night.  That seems rare lately.  Maybe they are going to try that out for a bit during this part of the tour.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    Also to be mentioned is the Chris Cornell tribute the boys had going on. As far as I could see, Matt, Eddie and Mike all wore Soundgarden/ Chris type shirts. Matt's one was the most obvious as the camera was pointed at it multiple times. Very cool
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    What kind of people will complain about 3 numbers less and 15 minutes fewer airplay. 
    Only PJ fans  =)=)=) 
    But what about quality because last 2 shows were sublime in details. 
    I feel blessed to see and hear such a great band perform a great show. 
    They were so happy to be on stage and give us the greatest show possible. 
    Crowdsurfing Eddie was supercool. 
    Black 2 nights in a row was a treat. Especially for people who only visit one show so maybe they are expending there base numbers. 

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I also think it was a curfew thing. The first night, before Alive he was patting hiis wrist where a watch was suppose to be and on both night they rushed into the second encore. So no.worries. The 30÷ will happen again.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    On Tuesday night I thought Red Mosquito was 1/2 Full for like 20 seconds....which is crazy as RM is in my top 10 favourite songs !
     Last night I thought ,wow, they're playing Red Mosquito back to back!!  And of course, it was 1/2 Full..... I must be getting old... 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Terminator 2: Theatrical cut 

is better then

Terminator 2: Special Edition

Who cares about playing time. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    The set lists were shorter, but it was slower numbers that were dropped from the 30+ sets of the last few years. Only two to start the set and a couple after the 1st encore. I thought the 2 nights in Amsterdam were perfect but I’m sure we’ll get longer sets in a couple of weeks time. Prague, Kraków and Berlin will be special I think.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    HEY!

I was fooled by @dimitrispearljam that they played Strangest Tribe!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • crisr25crisr25 Rotterdam Posts: 27
    Where to start.... what a amazing nights in Amsterdam! Light Years, Inside Job, Man of the Hour, Present Tense, damn. Insane, really. Can't get the smile of my face..
    Next stop Pinkpop, then Prague and Barcelona. 
    Arnhem 2006, Barcelona 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam 2012 (I), Amsterdam 2012 (II), Berlin 2012 (I), Berlin 2012 (II), Amsterdam 2012 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2014 (I), Amsterdam 2014 (II), Vienna 2014, Werchter 2014, Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo I), Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo II), Amsterdam 2018 (I), Amsterdam 2018 (II), Landgraaf (Pinkpop Festival) 2018, Prague 2018, Barcelona 2018, Amsterdam 2019 (EV solo), Barcelona 2019 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2021 (I), Amsterdam 2021 (II), Werchter 2021, Copenhagen 2021, Krakow 2021, Prague 2021.
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited June 2018
    What a blast! The electricity banter says it all! So much energy in the show! Well, I heard Bee girl, saw a man with a DIMI 10 shirt occasionally holding high a Greek flag, noticed a french flag floating around too. Even flow was absolutely unreal, man that solo.. just wow.. noticed they scratched Green disease right before Light Years :,( and can't help thinking they played it for Chris, it was beautiful as always..

Awesome energy in the Arena, looks like everyone, band included, wish they could party for another hour. Regarding longer shows I'm pretty sure It's gonna happen soon. 

Litteraly loved everything about a night which actually ended this morning with a very sweet unexpected cover of black hole sun during breakfast at the Hotel.

I won't forget this anytime soon.

See you in London folks.

Post edited by Tristelune on
  • SturgoSturgo Posts: 89
    Second night in a row that they skipped Won't back down! 
  • Av268725Av268725 Krommenie, Netherlands Posts: 20
    Two amazing nights.....53 songs, 48 unique songs......I'm not complaining.....so happy I was there!!
  • Jen718Jen718 Posts: 13
    edited June 2018
    Great show and they sounded excellent. I was a little worried about Ed’s voice in the first song, but it was fine after getting warmed up. Nice to hear untitled again. I first heard it in the 2000 Portland show. Ed was dead set on getting someone a tambourine in fitfw. He kept pointing to the person he wanted to throw it to, and apparently they weren’t able to figure it out, so he surfed out to the person and gave it to them. 

My time in Amsterdam has been beautiful. I recommend anyone take a visit who is thinking about it. I’ll be sad to leave Saturday.  
    That's so awesome that he did that. I hope there is video of it.

My husband has video!  

The crowd thought I was being pointed to and pulled me right up to the front - sadly I was not the recipient of the tambourine, but I got to hold Ed up during the crowd-surfing effort!

I haven't had a chance to see them in a few years - absolutely incredible couple of nights, couldn't have asked for a better pair of set lists, and the energy on night two especially was just phenomenal.   Red Mosquito and Severed Hand on night one... Bee Girl into Man of the Hour into Just Breathe on night two was just beautiful.  So amazing.  So happy.  
    Post edited by Jen718 on
    Birmingham, AL - 03/09/98 | 09/04/03
    Nashville, TN - 17/08/00 | 18/04/03
    Atlanta, GA - 19/04/03 | 22/09/12
    Asheville, NC - 06/10/04
    Washington, D.C. - 30/05/06
    Amsterdam - (EV) 30/05/17 | 12/06/18 | 13/06/18 | 24/06/22 | 25/06/22
  • Looks like a fun set.  And I'm not worried about length of sets as long as the playing is good.  They were at their best from 94-2005 when the sets rarely got over 2.5 hours.  I fine with shorter shows if we get (close) to that quality of shows.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 50
    edited June 2018
    Av268725 said:
    Two amazing nights.....53 songs, 48 >unique songs......I'm not complaining.....so happy I was there!!
    ..."only" 47 ;-) 
    EF, MYM, DTE, Porch, Black & Alive were the 6 songs played both nights. 
    Without doublechecking I'm not sure but I think in 2014 we had 51 different songs out of 55 in total but this is complaining on the highest possible level hahaha. I'm so glad I could make it again to both shows. Again some first timers like Red mosquito, Present tense, Bee girl...  I remember 2012 when Ed announced that they want to become the band that is playing the most shows in Ziggo and I promised myself that I will see every PJ show in there. I don't know where they now stand with 6 shows but I guess they will have to come back some more times ;-)
    Also looking forward now to Berlin :-)

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    That was show 35 and 36 for me and 2 of the best sounding shows I can remember. Band was on Fire!  Setlist last night was just sick!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • What a setlist. Goddamn. Wouldn't even care about the shorter show if I got that one
    Agreed. Still recovering from Release into Present Tense and I wasn't even there.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • andreasslingerlandandreasslingerland Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    Wow! What a show... Eddie came very far into the crowd to try to give me a tambourine during Yellow Ledbetter, I had it at the same time as a young girl who saw Pearl Jam for the first time... I decided to give her the tambourine. She had the time of her life en so have I. I just wanted to say thank you Eddie! 
    Post edited by andreasslingerland on
  • Av268725Av268725 Krommenie, Netherlands Posts: 20
    Great show and they sounded excellent. I was a little worried about Ed’s voice in the first song, but it was fine after getting warmed up. Nice to hear untitled again. I first heard it in the 2000 Portland show. Ed was dead set on getting someone a tambourine in fitfw. He kept pointing to the person he wanted to throw it to, and apparently they weren’t able to figure it out, so he surfed out to the person and gave it to them. 

My time in Amsterdam has been beautiful. I recommend anyone take a visit who is thinking about it. I’ll be sad to leave Saturday.  
    That's so awesome that he did that. I hope there is video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ktHVSMZL3c

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    On Tuesday night I thought Red Mosquito was 1/2 Full for like 20 seconds....which is crazy as RM is in my top 10 favourite songs !
     Last night I thought ,wow, they're playing Red Mosquito back to back!!  And of course, it was 1/2 Full..... I must be getting old... 
    I’ve always thought that RM and 1/2 full are like very close cousins 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    I always thought it was pretty weird people thought Can't Deny Me was about Trump. It didn't make sense to me... I guess I kind of took everyone else for their word on that I guess, like 'it's about Trump?? Really? You sure? Well, okay then...', but the lyrics never lined up with an anti-Trump sentiment as far as I was concerned, so I'm glad to hear that that wasn't what the song was about after all, since when I allowed that maybe it was, I felt really disappointed with the lyrics.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    amazing night,,setlist on of the best,,band was on fire,..crowd was better and more fun  and little more agressive
    band played songs from all 10 studio albums..plus lost dogs..
    energy was of the roof..most epic moment eddie during ylb doing crowd surfing for hand deliver tombourine to a soecific persoin in the back of ga
    and the night lights are unreal!1love this mirrorball and dico ball..plus the mad max style lights,with the shape of train and wheels be the lights,..
    awesome indeed,the best they ever had..
    and for me most funny part was he pic i took wth Tim..
    he said.."oh this flag is cool..cos covers our figures..."hahahahha

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    This was an amazing show! Best set all year for sure, and the best in a long time! Just face melting by the end of it.

It just got better and better, Release into Present Tense was the best thing ever since Oceans into Footsteps. They finally played Glorified G in 2018, which goes without saying that we've awaited what that would feel like...the songs that overlapped with Night 1 were not too dominant and smartly done, and a TON of amazing album diversity!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you for your cooperation
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    PJ_Soul said:
    I always thought it was pretty weird people thought Can't Deny Me was about Trump. It didn't make sense to me... I guess I kind of took everyone else for their word on that I guess, like 'it's about Trump?? Really? You sure? Well, okay then...', but the lyrics never lined up with an anti-Trump sentiment as far as I was concerned, so I'm glad to hear that that wasn't what the song was about after all, since when I allowed that maybe it was, I felt really disappointed with the lyrics.
    I have to say that when you look at the lyrics the song clearly does seem to be about Trump and the political climate in the US. Eddie's comments that the song was "not about Trump" were also delivered in a manner that strongly implied that it actually is about him.
    But maybe better to leave the lyrical analysis to another thread.

I was certainly happy that they played it, thought it was strange that it was missing the first night. I mean, it's their only new song so far.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    What a setlist. Goddamn. Wouldn't even care about the shorter show if I got that one
    Agreed. Insane setlist. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have to say that when you look at the lyrics the song clearly does seem to be about Trump and the political climate in the US. Eddie's comments that the song was "not about Trump" were also delivered in a manner that strongly implied that it actually is about him.
    But maybe better to leave the lyrical analysis to another thread.

I was certainly happy that they played it, thought it was strange that it was missing the first night. I mean, it's their only new song so far.
    Ed was being sarcastic when he said it wasn’t about trump. 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    100% ^^^