A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Typical Rob. 50 flights on the board guess who's is now delayed.  Only mine. Been up all night sick partner. Fml
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    You've got this.x 
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Have a great show LE! Lose yourself in the music. I'm jealous...gotta wait till August! And I loved Krakow. Would love to visit there again sometime. 
    I have had the most amazing  time of my life
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    See? YOU DID IT!!!!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Awesome! Very happy for you.
    Thanks for posting - made me smile.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    Back down with a bang. God I hate that progress is so ridiculous.  I must learn to live despite  symptoms 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Time....time......cant  live with it can t live without it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I'm reaching out  to my friends  here .  I can't make sence of what is happening  .
    I don't know where to start. But the end was me flying back from my dream trip to Krakow before I went to the show. 
    I've felt very ill 3 weeks now . On top of the confused  state and memory  issues which I've been told are anxiety. 
    I fought hard and my friends  are so kind but I failed and it's killing me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I'm not looking for sympathy . I'm.just so lost and Don t know where to go or what to do anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    :-(
    Sorry to hear dude.
    You had no luck with the public health care system yeah?
    Just wondering if private is the way to go, I know it costs a lot but might be worth a try?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I haven't posted in a while.  I am in going through a divorce and have my house for sale and trying to find suitable accommodations.  Surprisingly I am anxiety free.  A few months back ... I tossed my anti-depressant away and chose to simply treat my anxiety with marijuana, and I believe that is why I am panic attack and anxiety free.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I haven't posted in a while.  I am in going through a divorce and have my house for sale and trying to find suitable accommodations.  Surprisingly I am anxiety free.  A few months back ... I tossed my anti-depressant away and chose to simply treat my anxiety with marijuana, and I believe that is why I am panic attack and anxiety free.  
    Hm. Maybe. There is one other thing that seems to correspond with this timeline.... no more wife.  =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hm. Maybe. There is one other thing that seems to correspond with this timeline.... no more wife.  =)
    Please ... I am asking this because I respect you.  Please do not make light of a 25 year marriage gone bad.  I hurt still.  There is an emptiness in my heart.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I do not if the void will ever be filled again.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I won't say I've been in your shoes because even though I went through two painful divorces in the past, how we react and feel is known only to us, but I will say that generally it's really tough to get through a divorce when it is recent but, as they say "time heals all wounds".  Actually, when I've been in pain I kind of hated hearing that tired cliche... but it turned out to be true.  I hope time does, indeed, afford you some release from the pain and empty feeling, Meltdown. 

And good to hear the cannabis is helping and great that you have access to it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    I won't say I've been in your shoes because even though I went through two painful divorces in the past, how we react and feel is known only to us, but I will say that generally it's really tough to get through a divorce when it is recent but, as they say "time heals all wounds".  Actually, when I've been in pain I kind of hated hearing that tired cliche... but it turned out to be true.  I hope time does, indeed, afford you some release from the pain and empty feeling, Meltdown. 

And good to hear the cannabis is helping and great that you have access to it.
    Brian, I appreciate your kind words.  It especially means a lot coming from someone who has been through similar.  I agree, eventually time will heal the wounds.  Thank you.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Just smoked a fatty.  I was on my front porch smoking a fatty and thinking what absolute beautiful no humidity perfect summer evening...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • When is enough ,enough.
    I don't post much anymore. 
    I can't carry on like this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I just remembered I had this thread. And I don't see many people at all anymore. My confusion is so bad . Dr still just says it's anxiety.  It's not. I should know
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    When I was going through an episode where nothing made sense years ago, I decided to just put all of my faith in what the doctor told me. I put one foot in front of the other and eventually I got through it. From the sounds of things the other options haven't been working for you, lastexitlondon.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • True my friend. 1 and a half years this episode has been. After 15 years of OCD . Health anxiety. Now this. I've run out of any hope and all strength. I've been growing veg and doing my allotment but now even that is confusing. I just want it all to end. I've been listening to audioslave and Chris solo a lot and i hear the same pain
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Look man, I would suggest that you go to the G.P. You have probably heard that a thousand times. But even if you think that what the doctor is telling you is a load of rubbish, just go along with it. A person told me at an A.A meeting before, fake it til you make it. I did that, I just went along with what was being said, and eventually I slowly began to feel better. I'm thinking of you man. I know you've had a hard battle. But do persevere.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Thank you very much. I'm just back from the g.p he upped my medication  that does  fuck all. But yeah I  have a fortnightly appointment and I tell him every time how bad it is and my fears. He says it's not what I think it is .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thank you very much. I'm just back from the g.p he upped my medication  that does  fuck all. But yeah I  have a fortnightly appointment and I tell him every time how bad it is and my fears. He says it's not what I think it is .
    Can you get a referral to a mental health professional ( Psychiatrist or Psychologist)?  I know they are not easy to get into seeing one where I am at.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Yes I've seen some
     And they have said I've had all the service can offer. I.e counselling. Therapy and groups
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes I've seen some
     And they have said I've had all the service can offer. I.e counselling. Therapy and groups
    That's not right that you are being brushed off.  That kind of attitude by health care professionals is what discourages people from seeking help.  I hope you find someone that can help you, but it sounds like they are not LISTENING to you and your concerns, and that is problematic.  I encourage you to continue to try to get help and never give up.  Just curious, are these older health care professionals you are seeing?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    @lastexitlondon I’m holding you in my heart and thoughts and sending healing vibes in your direction.  Step-by-step, one day at a time.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    lastexitlion, anxiety is such a nasty rascal.  I've been trying to conquer it, accept it, ignore it, kill it, embrace it and drug it for 26 years.   Of all the techniques and coping methods (some very good, some flat out terrible) the best I've come up with are these things:  One, is to accept that it is real and even though I cannot just make it go away,  at the same time I remind myself that anxiety is just a part of me and I am so much more than that.  When it comes on strong, I put it into context and say, "OK, yeah I see you and yeah I am feeling rotten because of what you are, but you are only a part of me and sooner or later you will go back to your lair and I will feel better." 

Another thing I do is really amp up my gratitude when I am feeling better and remind myself in those times that it is very fine to be in the here and now and remember that, as long as I've struggled with this, I'm still here and good things will continue to come my way.

And lastly, I look to those whom I admire who inspire me with their persistence to overcome adversity.  This may not work for all and it may sound an awful lot like hero worship, but there are times where it helps me.  There's an interview I once saw of Paul Westerberg where he talks about a song suicide that he wrote called "The Ledge".  He says he did not at all mean to glorify the idea of suicide but rather to use it to encourage those who feel despondent to hang in there.  He says (with great sincerity) "If I can do it (survive), anyone can."  And what's interesting is that sitting right next to Paul while he's he saying all this is Slim Dunlap who is looking at the floor and shaking his head in agreement and who has since suffered a severely debilitating stroke which he has managed to survive for seven years now.  I wish I could find that clip on YouTube.  If I do, I'll post it.

Hang in there lastexit.  You are not alone, you have friends here.  Please keep us posted.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thanks all. Very kind
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07