Band Onstage: 8:26
Band Offstage: 10:48
Walk On Music: Metamorphosis #2-Phillip Glass

Set List
01. Release
02. Present Tense
03. Animal
04. Last Exit
(Ed greets the audience and tells them that while practicing backstage he was holding his guitar and touched the metal door and received a very intense shock.  “It is a once in a lifetime experience that I have had about three times.”)
05. Lightning Bolt
06. 1/2 Full (during the outro Ed shines reflected light from his pick guard into the audience)
07.  Untitled (Ed’s lyrics for this version are about wanting to catch a train but the people he is with are staying their rooms. He mentions (presumably nearby) towns and that he doesn’t want to go alone)
08.  MFC
(Ed says that when Mike was very young he told his mother “I want to be a guitar player when I grow up.”  Mike’s mom replied, “Now Mike you are going to have to choose…”  Ed says, “I love that one. You can’t play guitar and be a grown up! Well, Mike is all grown up and he plays guitar. Thanks for having us in your band.”)
09. Even Flow
10. Light Years
(EV says his hotel is by a school and every morning he gets awakened by the sound of kids playing. The best sound to wake up to.  He goes on saying that in America he would be wondering if the kids are safe. He continues with the problems and solutions the United States are having with guns. )
11.  Glorified G
(“I just want you to know that this next song has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Donald Trump…But I do find it strange that he insults our allies but he gets along with dictators and despots. That is really strange. And I don’t think he is crazy like a fox but crazy like a narcissist motherfucker. But as I said this song has nothing to do with him. I wouldn’t waste my breath” - heavily paraphrased)
12. Can’t Deny Me
13. Mind Your Manners
14. Unthought Known
15. Inside Job
16. State Of Love And Trust (Ed goes to the barricade to sing)
17. Do The Evolution
18. Porch
(While Ed is downstage someone throws a shirt to him and he pitches it back and laughs. He then dances on the speakers for a bit checking out the audience in the sides. Pushes a few globes and heads to the barricade again to sing.)

Encore Break One
(Ed talks about favorite wines and beers.  He mentions it was his daughters 14th birthday and he misses her so much.  She is also graduating the 8th grade. Ed will be staying up late to watch the ceremony on his phone live early in the morning.
19. Bee Girl (Ed and Jeff Only)
20.  Man Of The Hour
21. Just Breathe (Ed and Boom Only)
22. Once
23. Black
24. Rearviewmirror (at outro Ed goes and rocks out with Stone)
25. Alive
26. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)
(Ed thanks the audience and introduces the band. He says Stone and Jeff have been playing together for about 40 years. I think Jeff says 37.)
27. Yellow Ledbetter
(While Mike solos Ed goes into the crowd and does a little surfing)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Looks like the boys are in fine shape so far....
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    Wow! Just wow! What a setlist. The band was on fire (again) crowd was fantastic. Bee Girl, Present Tense, Untitled, Glorified G... goosebumps
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I’m sure the show is incredible but does anyone find it alarming or strange that the last two sets are structure like a festival slot? Meaning under 30 songs and no encore 2?
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
     During RITFW, Jeff and Mike switched instruments so Jeff was playing guitar (Stone did the solos) and Mike played bass. 
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    One hell of a set list right there! Would’ve loved to have been at that show in THAT city!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Great set list for show 2!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m sure the show is incredible but does anyone find it alarming or strange that the last two sets are structure like a festival slot? Meaning under 30 songs and no encore 2?
    I noticed that, too. Perhaps they're finally getting tired of doing 30+ songs a night. However, if I remember correctly, the first few shows of the 2016 tour were shorter than the rest, so maybe it's them just warming up?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Great 2 nights. Absolutely fun as hell. Crowds were incredible. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 77
    Woooooowwwwwww! Again! Epic!!

Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    edited June 2018
    Great show and they sounded excellent. I was a little worried about Ed’s voice in the first song, but it was fine after getting warmed up. Nice to hear untitled again. I first heard it in the 2000 Portland show. Ed was dead set on getting someone a tambourine in fitfw. He kept pointing to the person he wanted to throw it to, and apparently they weren’t able to figure it out, so he surfed out to the person and gave it to them. 

My time in Amsterdam has been beautiful. I recommend anyone take a visit who is thinking about it. I’ll be sad to leave Saturday.  
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    interesting no 2nd encore... are they getting too old?
    figure they could have played an extra 20 minutes right if looking at the last few years?
    that looked like a great setlist!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Great show and they sounded excellent. I was a little worried about Ed’s voice in the first song, but it was fine after getting warmed up. Nice to hear untitled again. I first heard it in the 2000 Portland show. Ed was dead set on getting someone a tambourine in fitfw. He kept pointing to the person he wanted to throw it to, and apparently they weren’t able to figure it out, so he surfed out to the person and gave it to them. 

My time in Amsterdam has been beautiful. I recommend anyone take a visit who is thinking about it. I’ll be sad to leave Saturday.  
    That's so awesome that he did that. I hope there is video of it.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ok..dont know from where to start  will post revirw tomorrow for borh nights. 
    And Unreal.. Eddie did crowd surfing during YLB to give to a person in the back of GA a tambourine.. Hahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

During ylb I mean
    edited June 2018
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    nicknyr15 said:
    Noticed that too. Maybe because of the back-to-back nights? Where usually they have day(s) off nowadays? Nonetheless, we are certainly spoiled if our favorite band is “only” doing 27 songs and 1 encore lol. 

Good observation though for sure. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    back to the mid 90's-mid 2000's length shows?  3 hours+ shows kicking their ass maybe?

• opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    What a setlist. Goddamn. Wouldn't even care about the shorter show if I got that one
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Perfect show length.  Totally fine with 2.25-2.5 hours and 27 songs. 
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    27 songs is still a very long set by literally any other band's standards.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    Yah, it's a tough one.   PJ set their own bar pretty high with the 3hour+ Springsteenesque shows over the past few years.   I always felt at some point they might have to reign back in, but fully realized it wouldn't be easy going back.

That being said of the 2016 shows I saw, it's Pemberton I keep going back to and listening to the CD.  I was at the Wrigley shows, and they were amazing, but something about the Pemberton show was amazing.   A shorter set like this one, but still facemelting :)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    release into present tense is amazing!!! it's great to see 1/2 full live again.  another fantastic set.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Perfect show length.  Totally fine with 2.25-2.5 hours and 27 songs. 
    I'll take 3+ and 30+ myself
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

I was strongly tempted by Amsterdam but ended up putting in for the Prague-Krakow-Berlin run so will be hopping on a plane in just over two weeks. Still not sure I made the right decision but I'll be hopping on a plane in just over two weeks and I know it will be fantastic anyway. Some day I'll be back for Amsterdam. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087

I was strongly tempted by Amsterdam but ended up putting in for the Prague-Krakow-Berlin run so will be hopping on a plane in just over two weeks. Still not sure I made the right decision but I'll be hopping on a plane in just over two weeks and I know it will be fantastic anyway. Some day I'll be back for Amsterdam. 
    Same. So much FOMO right now
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • nycrats said:
    figure they could have played an extra 20 minutes right if looking at the last few years?
    I am guessing there was some curfew issues with the venue and they just couldn't' start the shows early enough and had to end on time.    That is usually when songs get cut or shows are a little shorter.  Looks like Comfortably Numb was on the original set list but didn't get played in the Encore.  In the past they sometimes say screw it and pay the fine, but they always run the risk of not being allowed back to the venue.  Seems like they like playing the Ziggo dome so they probably wanted to be respectful.  Hopefully next time they start the show a little earlier 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    nycrats said:
    I am guessing there was some curfew issues with the venue and they just couldn't' start the shows early enough and had to end on time.    That is usually when songs get cut or shows are a little shorter.  Looks like Comfortably Numb was on the original set list but didn't get played in the Encore.  In the past they sometimes say screw it and pay the fine, but they always run the risk of not being allowed back to the venue.  Seems like they like playing the Ziggo dome so they probably wanted to be respectful.  Hopefully next time they start the show a little earlier 
    Yup i think in 2014 comparing to other cities amsterdam got the shortest set maybe cos of curfew. Just hoping at least they reach 30 each night
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    2 hours 15 minutes of pure heaven...and tonight was my 'sober' night!

As someone who has been to around 20 PJ shows my opinion is the following; With this band and show length it's not about quantity, but quality. That 'short' set tonight was better than some longer PJ shows I've been to. A real treat for fans, a tribute to the epic Amsterdam night 2 from 2012. The boys are only getting warmed up, I can't wait to see them again later in the tour.

I booked a last minute trip to Krakow last week because of a thread in here requesting Man of the Hour. When the guys played this into Just Breathe tonight, it was visibly an emotional punch for many people surrounding me in the crowd. Including myself. Possibly the most emotional back-to-back duo I've experienced since Berlin 2010 when they played Black into Come Back on the Roskilde anniversary.

Present Tense...Light Years...Inside Job...Man of the Hour...amazing, and that's just off the top of my head. It will take a day or 2 for it all to sink in. Your mileage may vary, but I really couldn't care if they 'only' played 2 hours and 15 minutes tonight. 

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited June 2018

Fuckin awesome. And I was officially  the best dressed  man in the building. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Sometimes the longer set gets hard work. This was perfect 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -