2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:l
    Love watching a team with the Cup.  They get so excited. way more than other sports.  and the Cup itself is just awesome.

and where is the guy a month or two ago said Ovechkin wasn't one of the best 50 players of all time and not a superstar?
    I said he wasn't.  But I also said if he won it,  then maybe he is.  He's still a Putin stooge who supports the regime of a man that kills with impunity and responsible for the downing of a commercial airline.  So i could give a shit how many cups or goals he scores.  Who gives a fuck in the grand scheme of things. 
    do you get this upset that our President is a Putin stooge?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Love watching a team with the Cup.  They get so excited. way more than other sports.  and the Cup itself is just awesome.

and where is the guy a month or two ago said Ovechkin wasn't one of the best 50 players of all time and not a superstar?
    I said he wasn't.  But I also said if he won it,  then maybe he is.  He's still a Putin stooge who supports the regime of a man that kills with impunity and responsible for the downing of a commercial airline.  So i could give a shit how many cups or goals he scores.  Who gives a fuck in the grand scheme of things. 
    Yes,  more so.  Plus I'm Ukrainian so I have extra incentive to despise Putin. And I'm particularly bent out of shape today because Trump declares Russia should be readmitted to the G 7/8, after they were expelled for the Crimean invasion. 
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes,  more so.  Plus I'm Ukrainian so I have extra incentive to despise Putin. And I'm particularly bent out of shape today because Trump declares Russia should be readmitted to the G 7/8, after they were expelled for the Crimean invasion. 
    sorry had to put the below as it made me thought of it.  Although I now understand more why you dislike Putin and Ovechkin so much. Makes more sense now.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2BwaYiPByg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    anyone see the chick who flashed her boobs at Ovechkin after they won?  :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    i posted the tweet above
    I miss igotid88
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    i posted the tweet above
    She didn’t just flash them; she pulled some Midnight Express shit. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 said:
    i posted the tweet above
    didn't see it (it was on the previous page, sorry).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited June 2018
    The best is the video of the players skating by all pointing and smiling at her. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I cannot imagine what the fuck a Stanley cup celebration in Vegas would be like. People may die
    What a city to win a championship in.  Right to the club to party with the Cup.  That's awesome.
    Want to see that bill so bad
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    This Erik Karlsson story is extremely disturbing.

The Senators need to be nuked from orbit
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The best is the video of the players skating by all pointing and smiling at her. 
    wonder what work was like for her the next day. assuming she's not just a stay-at-home-tramp. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

MayDay10 said:

yea that's some crazy shit there.  imagine being engaged to that woman. wow.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    MayDay10 said:

yea that's some crazy shit there.  imagine being engaged to that woman. wow.
    If the allegations are true, I would consider myself fortunate to have learned what a horrid C-U-Next Tuesday she is and dump her.
    Better to know now, right?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Karlsson is a saint for not committing acts of violence.

Some of the Ottawa players' wives have spoken up, and it really doesnt look good for Hoffman and his girl.  This doesnt seem to be out of the blue
    MayDay10 said:

Some of the Ottawa players' wives have spoken up, and it really doesnt look good for Hoffman and his girl.  This doesnt seem to be out of the blue
    she sounds unbalanced. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited June 2018
    MayDay10 said:

she sounds unbalanced. 

sounds like lucas glovers wife but on a different level... wowzers
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited June 2018
    Scary stuff.  NHL needs to get with the program...people are bigger & faster...and we know much more now than we did.  Time to stop pretending.  Changes have been made that are making an impact, but I believe more needs to be done to protect the players. 

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Scary stuff.  NHL needs to get with the program...people are bigger & faster...and we know much more now than we did.  Time to stop pretending.  Changes have been made that are making an impact, but I believe more needs to be done to protect the players. 

Pretty scary shit ...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That's very scary stuff.  I know the hockey meatheads will say that "it's part of the game", but the fact that the NHL still allows guys to punch each other in the face is absurd.  
    That's very scary stuff.  I know the hockey meatheads will say that "it's part of the game", but the fact that the NHL still allows guys to punch each other in the face is absurd.  
    off the ice: crime
    on the ice: entertainment
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Exactly.  It's fucking ridiculous.  So many terrible stories of these enforcer type guys being a complete mess after their careers are over.  
    As much as it will change the game, I think Dryden is right in his assessment that head shots need to go.  No more.  It will happen enough with incidental stuff.
    Not sure how to balance the bullshit artists out there who will not be fearful of repercussions if the rules change...but there has to be a way.  Huge suspensions/fines/something.
    I love old time hockey but the game isn't worth people scrambling their brains for our entertainment.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2018

Exactly.  It's fucking ridiculous.  So many terrible stories of these enforcer type guys being a complete mess after their careers are over.  
    Carcillo was one of the meatiest of hockey meatheads. I like how he owns up to that in the video.

Boynton never seemed as bad as he makes himself out to have been. But perhaps that was because he often had his ass handed to him.

I also think that it says an awful lot that both Carcillo and Boynton would have their names scratched off the Stanley Cup to not have to endure their respective traumas. 

The fix would be easy if it weren't for the league's fear of losing fans and hence revenue. It's a simple equation: Less fighting=more hockey. Eliminate the role of the goon/enforcer/instigator. Stop drafting the Carcillos and Boyntons, and instead draft more top-notch skaters, scorers and defenders (or those with the potential to fill those roles). That may squash some childhood dreams, but as the hero of the fine film Caddyshack says, "The world needs ditch diggers, too."

Coaches should be held accountable as well. If they're not, they'll just keep tapping their enforcers to perpetuate this sickness. Hit their wallets. If one of their players gets a boarding or roughing call, $5K comes out of ther salaries and goes toward a league fund for head trauma research and treatment; if it's a fighting major, make it $10K; if it's a game, make it $25K; if a player is suspended, $100K comes out of the coach's paycheck.

Officials also need to de-escalate on-ice drama before a major or game penalty is incurred -- or, worse, a stretcher is brought out. They see what's going on; it's their job to handle it. And they've not been doing their jobs very well.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hall earns redemption, gains perspective with Hart Trophy victory

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hall-earns-redemption-gains-perspective-hart-trophy-victory/

Congrats Taylor Hall.  He played his junior hockey in my neck of the woods, seen him play quite a few games ... 

I got the chance to attend both memorial cup parade's he helped bring to the area.  I even have a signed t shirt and hat of his.  So good to see the Oilers didn't waste the number 1 overall only to see NJ benefit...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Can't really argue against any of the awards this year.  All deserving, and while cases could certainly be made for other finalists that did not win, it really didn't feel like anyone got snubbed.  That's rare.
    F the Sedins.
    (Just bitter fan talk, I don't actually hate them or anything.)

I think a number of the awards could have gone another direction but you are right -- the winners were all deserving finalists. 
    edited July 2018
    Toronto lands the top dog in this years free agent class...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    The Islanders didn't deserve Tavares and this is coming from an Islanders fan.  

What a horribly run organization...
    The Islanders didn't deserve Tavares and this is coming from an Islanders fan.  

What a horribly run organization...
    To add insult to injury, they finally decided to move on from snow and as appear to have their act together.

I cant blame tavares for not staking the rest of his career on assuming the islanders will continue to get it right.