The video game thread.

1767778798082»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,424
    And the new Red Dead this Fall

I havent played much (any) video games recently, but planning on making some time soon.

Also, I am looking forward to Madden this year.... maybe because I havent played one in a long time, and also all the major QB moves around the league
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 11,395
    Be funny if they make a King of Kong sequel all about Billy's high score controversy.  Call it the King of Con.

I have actually heard that Billy is a really nice guy in person.  Certainly they made him out to be the bad guy in the documentary; the magic of film editing.  Though I will say he hasn't handled the controversy too well.  Claiming to not know what MAME is.  Come on man, your entire claim to celebrity and title to fame is from the video game industry, one in that you're apparently an expert player and you claim to not know what the biggest, most popular form of arcade emulation is?  It's been all the rage in retro gaming for the past 10-15 years!  And then to make vague statements like "the truth will come out."  If you didn't cheat by using emulation, why not just say "I didn't cheat. I stand by my scores."?
    MayDay10 said:
    Also, very intrigued on the new Fallout coming out.  Seems to be about a control vault, like 200 years before Fallout 3, and takes place in Virginia/West Virginia
    Sounds interesting.  I need to get an Xbox.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 11,332
    edited June 1
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,466
    MayDay10 said:
    Also, very intrigued on the new Fallout coming out.  Seems to be about a control vault, like 200 years before Fallout 3, and takes place in Virginia/West Virginia
    Should be interesting.  I always get the Fallout games, play them and beat them , but these games are getting far less interesting to me.  I think it's a combination of all the Fallout games being more of less the same thing, semi-crappy stories and there being far better games out there these days.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SCPosts: 4,241
    Be funny if they make a King of Kong sequel all about Billy's high score controversy.  Call it the King of Con.

I have actually heard that Billy is a really nice guy in person.  Certainly they made him out to be the bad guy in the documentary; the magic of film editing.  Though I will say he hasn't handled the controversy too well.  Claiming to not know what MAME is.  Come on man, your entire claim to celebrity and title to fame is from the video game industry, one in that you're apparently an expert player and you claim to not know what the biggest, most popular form of arcade emulation is?  It's been all the rage in retro gaming for the past 10-15 years!  And then to make vague statements like "the truth will come out."  If you didn't cheat by using emulation, why not just say "I didn't cheat. I stand by my scores."?
    I don't know how he really is, but I watched a documentary on the Nibbler arcade game and he provided some commentary. Still seemed kind of douchey to me.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 28,740
    edited June 13
    MayDay10 said:
    get him to dish us some juicy info on the next elder scrolls game

MayDay10 said:
    he's actually working on Fallout 76.  not sure what he did exactly.  I'll have to ask him next time i talk to him.  Trailer looks good i suppose.  I'm not a huge gamer though so not sure what the other fallout games are like.

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    New Skyrim to be on mobile?

ugh
    As someone who spent some time growing up in WV, I was really excited for Fallout 76.  I don't even care for that style of game, but it's WV, how can I not play it?  And then they said it will be completely online.  The way it was described it sounds way too battle royale style. That's a huge disappointment to me.  I know they said you *can* play in single player mode, but it seems as they are way more focused on the online multiplayer immersion.  I know that's what most people want these days, and you have to pander to your audience, but man I really wish every game didn't have to be you and 6 pock-faced fucknuts on the fucking internet ALL the time.
    As someone who spent some time growing up in WV, I was really excited for Fallout 76.  I don't even care for that style of game, but it's WV, how can I not play it?  And then they said it will be completely online.  The way it was described it sounds way too battle royale style. That's a huge disappointment to me.  I know they said you *can* play in single player mode, but it seems as they are way more focused on the online multiplayer immersion.  I know that's what most people want these days, and you have to pander to your audience, but man I really wish every game didn't have to be you and 6 pock-faced fucknuts on the fucking internet ALL the time.

I know.  I dont play online games.  My gaming is extremely limited nowadays.... maybe an hour a week give or take.  I dont have the time to invest in getting really good and earning upgrades.  I will not pour money in for micropurchases to short cut that, as I see that as a con.  Its just not fun.
    I miss the days when "multiplayer gaming" meant 4 people at your house.  Not a bunch of fuckface kids calling you gay slurs thru a headset mic.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 16,937
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

NES classic is on sale on Amazon for $60 right now

SNES classic is on sale on Gamestop for $80 right now

Git while the gitten's good!
    Just started playing Octopath Traveler on the Switch.  So far so good.  Good old school RPG mechanics.
    Jason P said:
    Just started playing Octopath Traveler on the Switch.  So far so good.  Good old school RPG mechanics.
    I played the prologue but haven’t bought the full game yet. Sold out everywhere. Suppose I could buy the digital version but I like having resale value with a physical copy. Highly enjoyed it though! I started out with H’aanit then picked up Ophilia. My three hours were up right when her chapter one story ended. 
    I might actually go back start some more save files & play some of the other characters, but I also don’t want to have go thru all the stories again when I get the full version.
    Divinity Sin 2 is coming out on Xbox and PS4.  You can play the first act right now on Xbox.  It's a pretty good port of an amazing PC RPG which was the highest rated metacritic PC game of 2017.