Ziggo Dome,
Amsterdam, NL
June 12, 2018
Set List

Band Onstage: 8:24
Band Offstage: 10:53
Walk On Music: Metamorphosis #2-Phillip Glass

Set List

With house lights on, the band comes onstage and Ed reads a message mostly in Dutch. In English he says, "We dedicate this to Anthony, my friend David and his brother Andrew. They are deep in our hearts tonight and we thank you.”

01. Long Road
02. Low Light
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Corduroy
05. Do The Evolution
06. Given To Fly
07. Mind Your Manners
08. Red Mosquito
09. Wishlist

(Ed improvs lyrics for the outro hopefully waiting for our next president who will be a much better person.
Jeff confirms with Ed that orange, the national color of the Netherlands is also Jeff’s favorite color.
He wishes them good luck in the World Cup. The audience boos and it becomes clear that Ed is teasing them because the Netherlands didn’t qualify.  “That would be like Italy not making it”.  
He says, “Mike has something he wants to tell you. He said it back in Melkweg and he wants to say it here.”)

10. Even Flow
(“Mike McCready, and about 10 feet behind me is one of the all time greatest drummers. He has played in some all time great bands and with us.  Mr Matt Cameron!”. Ed recognizes a person in the audience and teases him saying, “you had the yellow shirt in the elevator…and you were all over me..It is nice to see you but I am glad there is a barricade between us. But my room number is …” He talks about the next song being about the being handed an unknown drug and tells a story about Jeff getting high in Amsterdam while making the first record and ending up sleeping on a curb. He praises legalization in Amsterdam)

11. Severed Hand
12. Not For You
13. Daughter / Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters)  30 seconds lyrics only changes line to “Preacher Leave Those Kids Alone”.
(Referring to “Daughter” Ed says speaking of girl who turn into amazing women this next song is by Brandi Carlile. We sped it up a little but I don’t think we ruined it. But we haven’t played it live yet.)
14. Again Today-(Carlile)

(Ed asks if William from Ireland is in the audience and says the next song is for you. He then stops and corrects himself and says not the next song but the song after.  The next song is for everyone but don’t go anywhere William. Mike gets confused about what song is next and after some back and forth the band play “Got Some”.
15. Got Some
(So, this is for William..)
16. Down
(Our favorite museum is the MOCO museum. It isn’t the biggest but it has the artists we like best and we want to thank the people that run it for welcoming us. You can’t find a better man but you also can’t find a better woman than Kim from MOCO)
17. Better Man

Encore Break 1
(When the band comes back they are all seated to play a couple of quiet songs. Ed holds up a photo of his friend Eric from the Tivoli (?). It is one of Ed’s favorite places and while he is unsure if Eric is here tonight he wants to play the next song for him.)
18. Yellow Moon
19. Footsteps
(The chairs are removed, band stands up.)

20. Jeremy
(Ed goes to the barricade and sings with the audience)
21. Why Go
22. Porch

(Ed spots a woman in the audience and says, “I don’t know your name but I recognize your face.  She wants us to play a song but there is no way (Sweet Lew).  He says they will work on it though. He dedicates the next song to Mr. Hanky Panky and a guy named George that he met today and to the entire audience for giving them so much positive energy)
23. Black
24. Alive
25. .Fuckin’ Up-(Young)
26. Indifference
(Mike takes Polaroids of the audience at the front of the song.  At the end of the set while saying thank you Ed indicates the audience is giving chills or goose bumps)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 77
    Wooooowwwww
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sweet set! Why on earth would someone request sweet lew?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Hahahaha
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Incredible first night. Super energy in and outside the venue.

Some really good song choices too (I know, there aren't any bad ones in the main).
    I thought the band sounded really tight and well rehearsed too,  Ed's voice was in quality shape and sounded great all the way to the end.

The overall sound was the usual excellence that always seems to be the case at Ziggo Dome too.

Having reserved seats tonight, I had the pleasure of lining up at 17.45 and being able to be first to the merch stall upstairs. That was a rare treat!  Beautiful poster so was pleased to be able to get one.

Cannot wait for tomorrow night.
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    The band seems to be in a great shape.
    Compared to the 2014 shows, Eddie’s voice is way 
    better...and he has not fucked up his knee this time.
    I was in the floor and the public was great. As always in the Ziggy dome, the sound was awesome.
    The setlist was maybe a little too conventional. Setting aside long road, red mosquito and down, the setlist was heavily containing staples. 
    I hope that more songs from Avocado, Binaural or Riot act will be played tomorrow.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • MG281082MG281082 Posts: 6
    Great start to the show and was excited to see my first PJ show in Europe.  However I must say I was a bit disappointed in the crowd.  Maybe it was just my section but after about 4 songs we were hounded to sit down and then had beer cups and spray thrown at us constantly.  So sect 104 row 7 and 8 - pretty lame guys!! Unfortunately we missed the fan club tix for this one and you could definitely tell who was a fan vs an even bro.  Next time if you wanna sit - stay home and rent let’s play two - but throwing beer and cups is pretty lame.  

Some nice song choices tonight though - loved Long road, low light, red mosquito and severed hand and of course footsteps and black are always great.  

Hoping the Italy crowd sect that I’m in is not as lame - but my guess is no as they’re Ten club seats
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cmon. You were psyched when they ripped  it out at MSG.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    mcgruff10 said:
    My friends take  a basket ball  every show and ask for sweet lew it's their thing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited June 2018
    And the yellow guy is Tobias.  All over ed haha.@whynotsweden
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Anyone catch a pick. Wonder if tour specific  ones are in use?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited June 2018
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cmon. You were psyched when they ripped  it out at MSG.
    give me against the 70's instead.  Plus I got sweet lew in philly the year before.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Reno1979Reno1979 Posts: 91
    My first show since moving to Europe... Always fear that day where the band will seem "old" or "tired"... This. Was. Not. That. Day.  Ed sounded far better tonight than his solo show here last year.  Was really a great performance.  Yes, the set was "Ten" heavy... but that's okay... They played Red Mosquito, so fuck it.. :-)
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    As usual they owned Ziggo. 
    What a night. Excellent song performance. They really getting better and better every year like good old wine. 
    Now up for night 2
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Severed Hand, cool to see how that sounds in 2018. Cool!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 50
    Great start for the tour! Within a few seconds into Long Road it was clear that Ex's voice is in excellent shape. The sound in the Ziggo is also absolutely phenomenal, crystal clear even on the side blocks. I was a bit surprised that many of the "Greatest Hits" were already played but if that means we get a rarity show tonight, it's ok ;-)
    I checked the previous Amsterdam setlists and so I'm hoping for Oceans as they never opened with it before. 

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    edited June 2018
    What a show. The best PJ show for me in terms of band performance and sound quality. I mean, Ziggo never disappoints sound wise, but this was next level. The guys were super tight and rehearsed. Ed's voice was spectacular, and Mike was ON FIRE. The setlist was ok for me. Added 6 new songs to my all time setlist, but the setlist was a bit Ten heavy for my taste. But, who am I to complain, I had a blast.

Also, 8 shows so far, and 8 different openers! How cool is that.

On to Amsterdam night 2. Can't wait to see what setlist pops up this time
    Post edited by no code on
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Amsterdam, Niger or Amsterdam, Nebraska? Thought I was in the Netherlands yesterday.
    Good first show of the tour. Great energy and you can never go wrong with 4 Yield songs in the first 9. Hope they mix it up some more tonight. And please organize the 10c ticket line better tonight :|, having to wait almost an hour (and people with a beginning of the alphabet last name even longer) is just too long. 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    Severed Hand sounded great! It's a shame that they don't play it more regularly. It feels like it dropped off a bit from setlists since 2006. But it was funky in a major way last night! 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • SturgoSturgo Posts: 89
    Too bad they skipped Won't back down. 
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    Had a great time. Was taking my best friend for her first ever show and she loved it. Pulled out all the hits you'd wanna hear for your first time seeing PJ and for me, just great to hear it all again for the first time in two years.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    Best sounding show I have been to in a long time. The boys were on
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Awesome show - lousy logistics. Ticket lines was almost non-moving for quite some time, and when we finally got the ticket, we were sent away to some containerarea to lock in my backpack. Even, as it turned out, that there was loads of lockers in the venue. 

But awesome show. Brought a friend for his first ever show, and he was wishing for Even Flow. So the eight minutes version really hit home. Hope you guys have a great show tonight. Ill be back for the Berlin concert!

Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Roeland said:
    Amsterdam, Niger or Amsterdam, Nebraska? Thought I was in the Netherlands yesterday.
    Good first show of the tour. Great energy and you can never go wrong with 4 Yield songs in the first 9. Hope they mix it up some more tonight. And please organize the 10c ticket line better tonight :|, having to wait almost an hour (and people with a beginning of the alphabet last name even longer) is just too long. 
    Yes that's what made it a bit of a let down. My surname starts with a B and why on earth picking those envelopes by hand? Seriously! We were at least in the queue over an hour and when we finally were at the doors we were looking at a big black curtain all around instead of the stage. View was minimal. So we moved after half the set a bit to the centre but it was still too crowded. After being a huge PJ fan and have attented many many shows of them and Ed's was this not well arranged. I'd rather buy regulier tickets then if this is in the future the way the card distribution goes. 
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I'm a little surprised they didn't roll out the new single at this show.

Wish I could remember the name of it...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    CJ260717 said:
    I'm a little surprised they didn't roll out the new single at this show.

Wish I could remember the name of it...
    Can't deny that would be a logical thing to do.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you for your cooperation.
  • Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Absolutely brillant show!!!! Perfect!!!!!
    Well worth the journey from Japan.
    Now in the UK for the 2 London shows!!!!!
    Having such fun!!!!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Simon BaumannSimon Baumann Switzerland Posts: 26
    Pretty disappointed how the 10c Ticketing/entry was organized. Waited in line for over one hour and after all didnt make it in the Pit. Does anyone know how they organize the 10c pit areas for this tour? In 2014 the 10c entrance leads you directly to the pit (San Siro & Vienna), so i thought it will be the same this time. Finally ended up somewhere on the left side of the "fully booked" main floor. Would be pretty cool if they inform fans in advance how all that works, otherwise i dont see any advantage of buying 10c tickets..
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Pretty disappointed how the 10c Ticketing/entry was organized. Waited in line for over one hour and after all didnt make it in the Pit. Does anyone know how they organize the 10c pit areas for this tour? In 2014 the 10c entrance leads you directly to the pit (San Siro & Vienna), so i thought it will be the same this time. Finally ended up somewhere on the left side of the "fully booked" main floor. Would be pretty cool if they inform fans in advance how all that works, otherwise i dont see any advantage of buying 10c tickets..
    Hi there - What time did you enter the Arena? Ten club members were lining up the night before on both nights and the doors opened at 6  PM. I had seats on Night 1 and was standing watching as the doors were opened. As ever, it was all early entry for 10C members. 
    Main GA doors opened at 6.30 I think? Maybe you ended up in line behind the main GA people who didn't have early entry wristbands?