Rodman just mentioned Eddie from Singapore

Comments

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Its really crazy how our diplomacy has failed and got us to the point that N. Korea could potentially fire a nuclear weapon at the US mainland. It was said we don't recognize Kim as a leader because he oppresses his people and is a dictator so we aren't going to meet with him, meanwhile they develop weapons. So what if Trump fails? We are back in the same sanctions and wait boat. What if it works? Then we have potentially saved millions of lives. You can not like Trump all you want, Im not a big fan as well, but I think regardless off your affiliation, a denuked Korean peninsula is a win for everyone.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    And Donald Trump has gotten farther in talks with him than anyone else has.
    What has he gotten? It's easy to get a meeting when you demand nothing from him. Every previous President was secure enough and smart enough to reject this bullshit meeting. He has legitimized a murderer for nothing more than a political photo-op. I guess it's dumb for me to expect that Trump would have demanded some progress (or even a mention) of human rights considering what Trump's own DHS is doing on our southern border. 

Give me a break. 
    You should stop relying on CNN as your only source of news.   You can think what you want of Trump but changing shit in that region of the world isn't going to happen over night and this was huge historical event that was more than a photo-op.   No other president has had the balls to try to do anything about it.   No other president has had the balls to address what is going on inside of North Korea.....and yes, if you actually watched any of the press conference Trump addressed the human rights issue that is happening there and said they talked in length about it.....but CNN isn't going to tell you that or any other positive thing that came out of this summit.  War is too much of a money maker for politicians which is exactly why previous presidents let it be.  And anyone saying that Trump is alienating other leaders around the world should pay attention closer.   Italy and Japan backed Trump at the G7....but all CNN says is that we are alienating Canada, France and Germany........because he stood up to their bullshit that the US is and always has been getting bent over on trade.   The far left is scared to death to see anything positive come out of this administration.   Trump could personally run in a burning house to save a baby and he would be crucified for how he did it.   Coming from someone who is unbiased.....and supports logic on both sides of our worthless parties.....the far left and far right in this country have gone insane.  You're both part of the problem....if not 99.9% of it.                      
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    PJNB said:
    How dare Donald Trump call him "Rocketman"?  Hasn't he ever heard of diplomacy?  
    How dare Donald Trump reach a deal with a man who kills and is a dictator and tortures his own people?

The man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    Same thing happened to Obama with the Republicans and same thing will happen to the next president who ever "side" they are on. People only notice it when it is against their "side". 
    Exactly!  So why do folks get so worked up on this board (and in general) about freaking politics?  Nobody EVER fuckin wins.
    To be fair, this really isn't worked up. This thread has been pretty calm compared to places like Facebook.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    How dare Donald Trump reach a deal with a man who kills and is a dictator and tortures his own people?

Reach a deal? I guess if getting nothing in return and being fed the same lip service verbal agreements as the past 25 years while conceding joint military operations with other allies in that geographical region before informing them of your tactics is a deal, then let's you and me go into business, but first I need $200,000 from you and the deed to your house. Don't worry, you have my word I'll follow through on my end.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    What has he gotten? It's easy to get a meeting when you demand nothing from him. Every previous President was secure enough and smart enough to reject this bullshit meeting. He has legitimized a murderer for nothing more than a political photo-op. I guess it's dumb for me to expect that Trump would have demanded some progress (or even a mention) of human rights considering what Trump's own DHS is doing on our southern border. 

Give me a break. 
    You should stop relying on CNN as your only source of news.   You can think what you want of Trump but changing shit in that region of the world isn't going to happen over night and this was huge historical event that was more than a photo-op.   No other president has had the balls to try to do anything about it.   No other president has had the balls to address what is going on inside of North Korea.....and yes, if you actually watched any of the press conference Trump addressed the human rights issue that is happening there and said they talked in length about it.....but CNN isn't going to tell you that or any other positive thing that came out of this summit.  War is too much of a money maker for politicians which is exactly why previous presidents let it be.  And anyone saying that Trump is alienating other leaders around the world should pay attention closer.   Italy and Japan backed Trump at the G7....but all CNN says is that we are alienating Canada, France and Germany........because he stood up to their bullshit that the US is and always has been getting bent over on trade.   The far left is scared to death to see anything positive come out of this administration.   Trump could personally run in a burning house to save a baby and he would be crucified for how he did it.   Coming from someone who is unbiased.....and supports logic on both sides of our worthless parties.....the far left and far right in this country have gone insane.  You're both part of the problem....if not 99.9% of it.                      
    We have too man people that think Trump can do no right.
    We have too man people that think Trump can do no wrong.
    We have not enough people that can see both sides. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

You act as thought those are the only two options, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2018
    Kim knows an easy mark when he sees one.

North Korea was ready to deal at this point anyway. They reached out to south korea before America. Hillary, Bernie, Obama or anyone else could be in office right now and Kim would be meeting with them.

His cooperation seems to rooted in getting an upper hand in the world stage, not to make friends. This is all a ruse and trump is being played like a 1959 McCready Stratocaster.
    Trump in turn is playing his supporters like stupid fiddles.

But yes, not having nuclear war is always nice.... The thing is, I don't think Un was ever going to nuke anyone whether he met with Trump or anyone else. So Trump gets to try and take credit for stopping something that was never going to happen, and that is just plain old annoying. The really scary part is that Trump is now ditching his democratic allies, and aligning himself with totalitarian dictators. While some Americans are celebrating the so-called end to a threat that never really existed, they seem to be ignoring the fact that their leader is turning towards the likes of Putin, Un, and Duterte, while destroying foreign and trade relations with its allies - all the democratic leaders of the world. Yikes. For the people of a nation that likes to tout itself as being all about freedom and democracy - the world's leader in freedom and democracy, they like to say (not true, but still) - Trump supporters sure don't seem to care about it very much.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    What makes you an expert on international nuclear threats?
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    What makes you an expert on international nuclear threats?
    Is this question meant for Trump?
    No, its for you. Since you claim he wasn't going to use nukes.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    its strange seeing this man wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap (which Im sure PJ vehemently opposes) thank Pearl Jam specifically
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    You are all welcome to join President Trump and his supporters as we bravely explore new possibilities. Or, you can continue to deny reality. Whatever works for you is fine with us. 
    edited June 2018
    teskeinc said:
    I said I don't think Un was ever going to use nukes. It's an opinion. The reason I don't think he would have is because it would lead to the immediate and complete destruction of his country, and it would also almost certainly cause his own death. Now I would love to hear from you why my opinion isn't working for you - I assume you're questioning my opinion because you think he may well have started a nuclear war despite the fact that there was only one possible result for him if he did. Why do you think that?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    PJ_Soul said:
    teskeinc said:
    I said I don't think Un was ever going to use nukes. It's an opinion. The reason I don't think he would have is because it would lead to the immediate and complete destruction of his country, and it would also almost certainly cause his own death. Now I would love to hear from you why my opinion isn't working for you - I assume you're questioning my opinion because you think he may well have started a nuclear war despite the fact that there was only one possible result for him if he did. Why do you think that?
    Totally agree with you.  The nukes were his leverage to get to the world table and get sanctions removed. This was never about starting a war.  

Im just not a fan of people giving Trump credit for any of this.  NK has wanted to do this for decades but no one would meet with them until they stopped violating basic human rights.  Now the world has no choice but to deal with them because they have a bomb. Like I said earlier... NK got Trump to the table not the other way around. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

You can spin it like the media does, but he is doing everything he said he was going to do when campaigning. How come Obama, Bush and Clinton let them get to this point? Why couldn't Obama solve it? Just a big coincidence in timing? Ive leaned mostly Democrat my whole life as an Independent voter, but the things they are doing are pushing me further and further away. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn no wonder i hate the porch talk about uninformed & clueless folks , tell you what why don't you guys just stick to the set list and the request line ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited June 2018
    teskeinc said:
    You can spin it like the media does, but he is doing everything he said he was going to do when campaigning. How come Obama, Bush and Clinton let them get to this point? Why couldn't Obama solve it? Just a big coincidence in timing? Ive leaned mostly Democrat my whole life as an Independent voter, but the things they are doing are pushing me further and further away. 
    Because Kim Jong-Un wasn't able to manipulate Obama, Bush and Clinton the way he can easily manipulate Trump, which is why Un just walked away from this with every benefit in the world and Trump walked away with ZILTCH, besides being one step closer to joining the world's dictators to fight against democracy maybe. It's not a coincidence at all. That is also why Putin is so pleased with this unexpected turn of events. He's got Trump wrapped around his little finger... Neither of these dictators ever dreamed such a fool would be in the White House (or, in Putin's case, that such a fool would get close enough for him to influence the American election enough to help get a fool into the White House), but when they saw it happened, they absolutely knew what to do with the opportunity! When all it takes to get the POTUS on your side as a totalitarian dictator is tickle his ego, shit starts happening pretty quick, lol. And even faster when the fool has started a trade war with all of his country's allies.
  • mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133

Give me a break. 
    Stop regurgitating your MAGA rethoric, CNN have been spending their day talking about the meeting.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    teskeinc said:
    What has he actually done?  They signed a meaningless price of paper with no actual plan to denuclearize.  It was a dog and pony show.  Trump may yet be deserving of credit.  But this issue has a long way to go and North Korea is unlikely to ever truly denuclearize.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    tbergs said:

Reach a deal? I guess if getting nothing in return and being fed the same lip service verbal agreements as the past 25 years while conceding joint military operations with other allies in that geographical region before informing them of your tactics is a deal, then let's you and me go into business, but first I need $200,000 from you and the deed to your house. Don't worry, you have my word I'll follow through on my end.
    That kinda sounds like the Iran deal. Lol
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    I agree with faithful both parties are worthless. We need more ideas and solutions in this country let alone in  global affairs .  Not sides. 
    Today is all about sides.(because I guess it’s cool)  Sounds like the makings of a civil war.  I don’t think deep down anyone here would want that.

“We the people”need to stop letting the presidency of this country be bought.  Which it is, both parties are guilty of this.  Find the best man or women for the job. I think a step in the right direction is stop the 2 party nonsense. Find more forward thinking people that take more of the better parts from the current 2 party shi*t show.  

• Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    edited June 2018
    CROJAM95 said:
    Trump also said years back he’d run as a republican

cause they are morons and you can sell them a pile of shit

look it up
    Trump is a diplomatic disaster that this country will take years to recover from, hopefully without having to pay it off in lives. That said, the thing quoted above never happened and was one of many fabrications circulated on social media during the campaign. One doesn't need to reach for falsehoods to criticize Trump.

To those who think Trump somehow willed this meeting through masterful negotiation, you have a staggeringly narrow worldview. The meeting came about because of a combination of factors: DPRK developing nuclear weapons and acquiring reliable missile engines from Russia; China pushing Kim Jong-un to the table; and Trump being an unreliable, unpredictable wildcard that likely spooked all sides.

I'll also point out that nobody remembers Nixon for opening the door to China.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    tbergs said:

That kinda sounds like the Iran deal. Lol
    According to Pompeo they were complying. Lol
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    Cool. I'd go see PJ in North Korea
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Gee whiz, peeps - I’m all for spirited debate, but doesn’t this kind of thing belong in AMT? 

Not sayin’, just sayin’. :)

Love y’all, keep on RIFTW
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
    KV4053 said:
    Cool. I'd go see PJ in North Korea
    Yeah go ahead celebrate the friendship with a total dictator who starves it’s people , kills family members , kills American students yeah really good place to see your favorite band !
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Dude if you hate The Porch so much why are you posting on the thread? I'm pretty sure KV4053 was speaking in jest about going to see Pearl Jam in North Korea. Having said that, if the flights were cheap I wouldn't give a damn where I was heading to, as long as I got to see them!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Dude if you hate The Porch so much why are you posting on the thread? I'm pretty sure KV4053 was speaking in jest about going to see Pearl Jam in North Korea. Having said that, if the flights were cheap I wouldn't give a damn where I was heading to, as long as I got to see them!
    Dude go ahead as long as your not being affected by any of this as long as you see the band , your laughable and yes the porch sucks when it pertains to issues like this ...
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I've got nothing but love for you brother.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Give me a break. 
    You see how his "fake news" BS is used to keep people from actually discussing issues and just believe him? I get my news from sources who have actually lived in these issues, like former diplomats, military and intelligence. I don't affiliate with either party strongly but when I see I serious threat to my country and one party enabling it, you're damn right you'll find me on the other side. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
This discussion has been closed.