2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Sweep
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    So sweep? Or will the Cavs lose in Cali?
    I guess it depends if they feel like getting back on a plane, or not>LOL
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    think the cavs win at least one.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    They win tonight then shit the bed the next game...

They blew 2 games.  They should be up 2-1 right now.  They invent new ways to lose.

I think I'm done commenting on here for a while as I'm that butthurt from this series...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited June 2018
    They win tonight then shit the bed the next game...

They blew 2 games.  They should be up 2-1 right now.  They invent new ways to lose.

I think I'm done commenting on here for a while as I'm that butthurt from this series...
    They are 10-1 underdogs or something like that. I'm not good with betting lines. The fact that they got that close twice is probably better than what most people thought would happen
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Come on Cavs hit your free throws
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    then again, maybe not :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Beat it Bron
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    That was the most unexciting thing ever
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MayDay10 said:
    That was the most unexciting thing ever
    Meh... about the same as the cup
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    KD is the biggest pussy in nba history 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Bron to Philly 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Bron to Philly 
    Get it done
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So it was ok for Lebron to form the Big Three? Ya know, the original Super Team?
    So it was ok for Lebron to form the Big Three? Ya know, the original Super Team?
    Stop it
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Eh I gotta rattle the cage at least a little. 
    Eh I gotta rattle the cage at least a little. 
    He left the second best team in the conference to join a championship team.  Its a little different comparison
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Absolutely.  Why does no one talk about his burner twitter accounts where he was arguing with random jerkoffs on twitter that were saying bad things about him?!?  One of the most absurd things I've ever seen.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Absolutely.  Why does no one talk about his burner twitter accounts where he was arguing with random jerkoffs on twitter that were saying bad things about him?!?  One of the most absurd things I've ever seen.

Those were his girlfriend, Barbara Bottini's accounts.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Those were his girlfriend, Barbara Bottini's accounts.

Babs gets around...
    chinese-happy.jpg

If only he got a few more calls.....haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    You forgot about Jordan’s “I quit b-ball to play baseball for my dad” excuse when he served his silent sentencing for gambling on NBA games. 
    Jason P said:
    You forgot about Jordan’s “I quit b-ball to play baseball for my dad” excuse when he served his silent sentencing for gambling on NBA games. 
    Would've been 8-0...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Jason P said:
    Would've been 8-0...
    Prime Hakeem wouldve beaten those Bulls at least once. MJ sat out when one of the best centers peaked.  Cartwright and Longley werent stopping Olajuwon.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Jason P said:
    Would've been 8-0...
    Prime Hakeem wouldve beaten those Bulls at least once. MJ sat out when one of the best centers peaked.  Cartwright and Longley werent stopping Olajuwon.  
    I do think that MJ leaving only fueled his passion to win, hence the next 3 championships and walking away again.

Everyone forgets the lack of playoffs and progress when he went to the Wizards.  Lebron changed teams 3 different times and went to the finals with all 3 different teams.  Jordan didn't do that...

Put that into perspective.
    edited June 2018
    Jason P said:
    Would've been 8-0...
    I do think that MJ leaving only fueled his passion to win, hence the next 3 championships and walking away again.

Everyone forgets the lack of playoffs and progress when he went to the Wizards.  Lebron changed teams 3 different times and went to the finals with all 3 different teams.  Jordan didn't do that...

His time with the Wizards? You mean when he was 39, after a 3 year layoff, playing with a bunch of scrubs? How is that comparable to anything Lebron's done? Lebron's 33. When MJ was 33 he was in the middle of his second threepeat....

The fact that he was still able to put up 20, 5 and 5 at an age where most people are years deep into retirement speaks volumes about MJ's greatness.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:
    Would've been 8-0...

His time with the Wizards? You mean when he was 39, after a 3 year layoff, playing with a bunch of scrubs? How is that comparable to anything Lebron's done? Lebron's 33. When MJ was 33 he was in the middle of his second threepeat....

The fact that he was still able to put up 20, 5 and 5 at an age where most people are years deep into retirement speaks volumes about MJ's greatness.
    Uhhh yeah, comparing MJ on the Wizards to LBJ now is just plain silly.  
    Comparing either career is just silly. 1A and 1B... just friggin enjoy watching him for a few more years.  There's no-one on the league close and who knows how long if ever there will be a 1C.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited June 2018
    I just saw this....  IMO this is an amazing idea (with some tweaking in event of allowing an OT game and also in the case of a blowout).  Everyone I know who hates on basketball cites the final minutes and intentional fouls as the reason

"The Elam Ending, as it’s been deemed, would stop the clock at the first whistle with less than three minutes left in an NBA game. However many points the team in the lead has, add seven, and that would be the target score to end the game. So if there’s a foul with 2:55 remaining and the Warriors lead the Cavs 106-101, the rules are simple: The clock vanishes and the first to score 113 wins. The incentive for Cleveland to foul would be far smaller. The advantage for Golden State would fit the lead they carried. It was so inventive, The Basketball Tournament – a 5-on-5 contest with a $2 million prize – used it during play-in games last year."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/10-degrees-mensa-members-idea-can-solve-almost-baseballs-problems-070035170.html

Post edited by MayDay10 on