A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    Today I realized, "Fvck!  In less than a week I have to leave for 7 days because of roofing work."  I love day trips but it's gotten to where staying away from home even one night is hard.  A week may prove to be nearly overwhelming.  I know I have to do it, probably nothing bad will happen, but I'm already majorly stressing over having to leave for that long.  I have poor auditory discrimination so when I'm gone at night, my brain engages and zooms in on every freakin' sound trying to identify it so as to know where I am is secure.  Strange places are a war zone of sounds.  Next week will be a huge challenge for me.  Gotta get through it.
    Can you just wear headphones and listen to groovy tunes the whole time?
    That's a good idea. Or just earplugs. Plus maybe a Nytol or two? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    Today I realized, "Fvck!  In less than a week I have to leave for 7 days because of roofing work."  I love day trips but it's gotten to where staying away from home even one night is hard.  A week may prove to be nearly overwhelming.  I know I have to do it, probably nothing bad will happen, but I'm already majorly stressing over having to leave for that long.  I have poor auditory discrimination so when I'm gone at night, my brain engages and zooms in on every freakin' sound trying to identify it so as to know where I am is secure.  Strange places are a war zone of sounds.  Next week will be a huge challenge for me.  Gotta get through it.
    When I do have to overnight elsewhere, I always take my portable CD player with headphones, extra batteries and a stack of CD's including (always!) the two solo albums J Mascis made and some P.J., Replacements and Uncle Neil plus whatever the latest I'm listening to.  The only problem is, I can't lie on my back face up due to vertigo issues and lying on my side with ear bugs or headphones gets uncomfortable very fast. 

I know... just take me out to pasture and shoot me.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:brianlux said:
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    When I do have to overnight elsewhere, I always take my portable CD player with headphones, extra batteries and a stack of CD's including (always!) the two solo albums J Mascis made and some P.J., Replacements and Uncle Neil plus whatever the latest I'm listening to.  The only problem is, I can't lie on my back face up due to vertigo issues and lying on my side with ear bugs or headphones gets uncomfortable very fast. 

rgambs said:
    brianlux said:

Simple solution.
    Just hang from the ceiling like a bat.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Like this?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Like this?
    Gnarly! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited June 2018
    I'm just going to my emergency  mental health  appointment  to get me back into the system at a higher level. I can't  stop crying utter despair . Thank you for caring my friend 

Hey lastexit...hope you are doing ok?...I know this sounds a little cliché but just try to focus on the positive things and things that make you happy :)

Try not to focus on the negative instead focus on the Postives
    I know it's easier said than done but the thing is you can get so much help and advice from people but it's up to you to put it into action...
    The fact that you're still here and talking on these Forums is a good positive sign...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    So many strong and courageous people here...makes me Smile :)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Love to every one  especially those who fight every second  of every day to get back what they lost. 
    Very low on strength.  I must and can only do this myself. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Love to every one  especially those who fight every second  of every day to get back what they lost. 
    Very low on strength.  I must and can only do this myself. 
    I'm in a particularly vulnerable anxiety place myself right now, lastexit.  Good to have love and support here!  Hang in there!

This is so awful I have nowhere  to turn. Every service I tried turned me back to the last one who didn t want .me.  saw my g.p again after 1 month of not seeing him. Im so fuckin desperate for these symptoms  to abate i cant carry on. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Brian fear is a motherfucker . Hang in there I'm trying the same in the face of the worst feeling  I can remember  having
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    This is so awful I have nowhere  to turn. Every service I tried turned me back to the last one who didn t want .me.  saw my g.p again after 1 month of not seeing him. Im so fuckin desperate for these symptoms  to abate i cant carry on. 
    I don't know your history but have you been seen by the crisis team?x 
    Yes before now. And I had am emergency  assessment in which they said they would contact me with a plan . I heard nothing  for 1 month  until I phoned back at my Dr request. They then said they won't be sending me to their  services. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes before now. And I had am emergency  assessment in which they said they would contact me with a plan . I heard nothing  for 1 month  until I phoned back at my Dr request. They then said they won't be sending me to their  services. 
    are they saying why to all of these rejections?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I'm sorry, you're being failed.  Hang in there, baby steps. Will you be at the London shows?xx 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    are they saying why to all of these rejections?
    I was going to ask the same thing. If you know why they're saying no, it's easier to find a way to make them say yes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2018
    They said I have had many kinds of counselling  and need to try and remember  it and apply it. They don't know what to do with me because  I tried all their meds and none helped . I'm not taking their  tablets so basically  they can't offer anything  else. Until I attempt suicide  and have a plan  for it. I'm phoning  the emergency  help line today. I can't  stay awake. And I'm in turmoil  in my sleep . It's not fair on my family . My brain and body are now giving up.  
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Pretty sad that the mental health care where you live is so poor.
    I hope you find a way dude.
    Hang in there.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

I know my own body and something is horribly  wrong.  But as I ask each time I'm greeted  with anxiety . Well this time these last 8 months  on mental and physical  deterioration I'm told even that I'm doing well because of my "chronic health anxiety " yes the new word for hyercondria. Well i don't  post here often  anymore as it's going on and on over the same old ground and some get pissed off and I also get scared . It's hard for a 42 year old man father of 4 to say I'm scared to death  but I am. No amount of drugs will make it stop legal or illegal ones. I decided to type here out of despair  and to give my girlfriend  a break from me constantly  . And I mean constantly  asking her for help and reassurance which I know I'm not to do. I'm just writing this as I sit alone with the phone in hand wondering  who to ask for help. I'm not sure samaratins or mental health line. I will call my g.p at 8.30 because  they say I can if I am in despair. But even 8.30 seems to far away. It's 6.42am
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Hang in there bud.
    Try samaritans until 8.30 comes around.
    Don't worry about pissing people off here. It's a place of support not judgment. 
    It takes a man to express his feelings, in your case, fear, disregard societal expectations of manhood. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Many thanks
    Phoned mental health line not worth the call
     So I am waiting.  Will try gp
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Many thanks
    Phoned mental health line not worth the call
     So I am waiting.  Will try gp
    Good thoughts for you, my friend.

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

I know my own body and something is horribly  wrong.  But as I ask each time I'm greeted  with anxiety . Well this time these last 8 months  on mental and physical  deterioration I'm told even that I'm doing well because of my "chronic health anxiety " yes the new word for hyercondria. Well i don't  post here often  anymore as it's going on and on over the same old ground and some get pissed off and I also get scared . It's hard for a 42 year old man father of 4 to say I'm scared to death  but I am. No amount of drugs will make it stop legal or illegal ones. I decided to type here out of despair  and to give my girlfriend  a break from me constantly  . And I mean constantly  asking her for help and reassurance which I know I'm not to do. I'm just writing this as I sit alone with the phone in hand wondering  who to ask for help. I'm not sure samaratins or mental health line. I will call my g.p at 8.30 because  they say I can if I am in despair. But even 8.30 seems to far away. It's 6.42am
    I've skimmed through parts of this thread...
    Please do keep posting here Lastexit if it helps you.  Like Thoughts_Arrive said ... it's a place of support not judgment.
    Hearts and thoughts to you.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    edited June 2018
    I'm about to do the hardest thing a guy with chronic  health anxiety  could do in the quest for a breath of air. For 3 hours of heaven. But it costs everything. I'm going to Amsterdam  for the day tomorrow  to chase the dream I always  had. But now it's different.  But remember  me for never giving up and until the last breath I chased my dream though  so ill I can't  understand  how and what I'm doing. Loud love. Rob
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I'm about to do the hardest thing a guy with chronic  health anxiety  could do in the quest for a breath of air. For 3 hours of heaven. But it costs everything. I'm going to Amsterdam  for the day tomorrow  to chase the dream I always  had. But now it's different.  But remember  me for never giving up and until the last breath I chased my dream though  so ill I can't  understand  how and what I'm doing. Loud love. Rob
    Good for you!! You rock, LEL. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Safe travels Rob. So you won’t be at tonight’s show but tomorrow’s? You gonna try to get near the rail?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Well the sick  people will be coming out and queue straight  from tonight so I will be there 9am. But who knows where that will get me.i feel really ill and spaced out but im doing it . This is. This is my......last exit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Do you know Frank.  My polish friend and her husband have my other Krakow ticket said I do not have to pay for it so they said spend the money on this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I'm so grateful  and I do believe  if you do good . Then good comes back. This show and the Krakow one have been paid for by  dear friends
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Also as if chronic  health anxiety  is not hard enough  can you actually  believe  my baby daughter is ill. My partner  has just thrown up from a migraine. And I have to feed the rest of the kids whilst feeling personalized  and spaced out. I swear I could just fuckin blow my brains out.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07