Antifa scum assaults woman journalist.

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Unsung, you still have not answered my question.
    If you dislike left wingers so much then why do you listen to a left leaning band in Pearl Jam and frequent a message board where pretty much everyone is left leaning?
    Probably hasn’t answered you cause it’s a dumb question.

How's it a dumb question?
    It’s been asked by many people to many people many times.

I guess I should just let him answer you if he wishes. But there are lots of people that like to have discussions and don’t have to just hangout/converse with people that think exactly like them.

Well, I haven't seen it be asked. I haven't frequented AMT as much as others.
    It just seems odd hanging out and posting where the vast majority of forum members hold different political opinions.
    It seems like trolling.
    I don't think it's odd. If everyone agreed with everyone here, it would be boring. Having people flock to "their own kind" online is what causes the vacuums that produce and attract the nutters eventually.
    As for the listening to PJ thing... yeah, it's been widely discussed on the Porch as well as here forever. Some people can apparently separate the music from the politics. I can't say I understand how, with the political songs at least, but they say they can, and I assume it's true, or else they wouldn't be fans.
    He's just wasting his time and energy arguing with the majority who see the world differently. 
    I've never thought of him as arguing. He's discussing and debating issues. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't consider it a waste of time. I'm sure he, like all of us, get something out of the discussion, be it information, entertainment, food for thought, catharsis, or all of the above.
    What, does he think he will convert people to right wing ideology by doing so here?
    He should spend his energy bashing the left wingers on some other forum.
    He’s free to use his energy however he wishes. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you dislike left wingers so much then why do you listen to a left leaning band in Pearl Jam and frequent a message board where pretty much everyone is left leaning?

I guess I should just let him answer you if he wishes. But there are lots of people that like to have discussions and don’t have to just hangout/converse with people that think exactly like them.

It just seems odd hanging out and posting where the vast majority of forum members hold different political opinions.
    It seems like trolling.
    I don't think it's odd. If everyone agreed with everyone here, it would be boring. Having people flock to "their own kind" online is what causes the vacuums that produce and attract the nutters eventually.
    As for the listening to PJ thing... yeah, it's been widely discussed on the Porch as well as here forever. Some people can apparently separate the music from the politics. I can't say I understand how, with the political songs at least, but they say they can, and I assume it's true, or else they wouldn't be fans.
    He's just wasting his time and energy arguing with the majority who see the world differently. 
    I've never thought of him as arguing. He's discussing and debating issues. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't consider it a waste of time. I'm sure he, like all of us, get something out of the discussion, be it information, entertainment, food for thought, catharsis, or all of the above.
    That's being way too generous.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    What, does he think he will convert people to right wing ideology by doing so here?
    Why does one have to want to convert someone to discuss things??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    He’s free to use his energy however he wishes. 
    Do you like picking arguments with me or something?
    I didn't say he cannot do so. Just suggesting.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    Why would he want to discuss things with those who won't see things his way other than to influence them?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    Why would he want to discuss things with those who won't see things his way other than to influence them?
    I come here to discuss and learn, not to sway others' opinions. but that's just me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    People like to express their views despite the results. Lots of people do, actually. I think this is a simple concept - I'm confused as to why you're not getting that. I mean, LOTS of us here don't agree with one another on a lot of things, whether we're right wing or left wing. We are all just sharing our opinions because we're opinionated. If others are influenced by those opinions, okay, but if they're not, that doesn't matter. Others still at least understand the perspectives of others, whether they agree with them or not, and there is a LOT of value to that. I mean, how can you even understand your own opinions if you don't fully understand all the opposing viewpoints related to it??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Ok whatever. I'm a dumb cunt.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

I don't think so.

But I think I have answered the question already.  I try to discuss the issues in ways that people would want LESS govt in their lives, yet so many actually want MORE.

I don't understand that, never will.  No amount of persuasion will get me to believe that my life would be better, because I know it won't.

unsung said:

I don't think so.

But I think I have answered the question already.  I try to discuss the issues in ways that people would want LESS govt in their lives, yet so many actually want MORE.

I don't understand that, never will.  No amount of persuasion will get me to believe that my life would be better, because I know it won't.

I don't understand where you get this idea that anyone prefers MORE government. You mean regulation? or more actual humans being paid by tax payers?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited June 2018
    unsung said:

I don't think so.

I don't understand where you get this idea that anyone prefers MORE government. You mean regulation? or more actual humans being paid by tax payers?
    Well if I were American, I would certainly want "more" government in terms of banking regulation, and MUCH "more" government in terms of the health care system (aka universal health care). And most here seem to want "more" government in terms of gun regulation. I think that's the kind of "more" that unsung means?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If it isn't expressly authorized by the Constitution, Art 1, Sec VIII, I don't want it.
    unsung said:
    If it isn't expressly authorized by the Constitution, Art 1, Sec VIII, I don't want it.
    so you pick and choose what's useful to you in the constitution? kinda reminds me of many christians and what they find useful/applicable in the bible and what they are willing to ignore. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:
    How about making an amendment? You love those, right?
    unsung said:
    so you pick and choose what's useful to you in the constitution? kinda reminds me of many christians and what they find useful/applicable in the bible and what they are willing to ignore. 
    Constitution 101 would tell you that Art 1, Sec VIII is what the authors of the Constitution would tell you were the powers expressly authorized to the general (federal) government.

Not what unsung thinks they should be.
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    I love liberty.
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    I love liberty.
    LMAO. this reminds me of a show called Scandal, starring Kerry Washington. A former politican hosted a weekly political show and she'd address her audience as "fellow lovers of liberty". LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:
    If our government had stuck with this, our country wouldn't have survived. 
    There'd be nono liber for anyone.
    I call bs.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    I call bs.
    Does he answer?
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    unsung said:
    I call bs.
    I am not surprised, I haven't seen you demonstrate much historical knowledge outside of the period of the Framing.

I'm still waiting to send you that $100 when you post a picture of a nice swim in Bubbly Creek to "prove" the EPA isn't necessary.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    In other news Rand Paul has thee worst hair piece ever he might as well have a Medusa crown on lol ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.
    I am not surprised, I haven't seen you demonstrate much historical knowledge outside of the period of the Framing.

I'm still waiting to send you that $100 when you post a picture of a nice swim in Bubbly Creek to "prove" the EPA isn't necessary.
    Can you swim with a sidearm?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.

Sorry but liberal revisionist history is not history.  I'll stick with the source documents.

unsung said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.

Sorry but liberal revisionist history is not history.  I'll stick with the source documents.

You sticking with your tri-corner hat and single shot, black powder musket as well? Didn’t think so.

Brilliantati©
    unsung said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.

Bubbly Creek is a source document you can really dive into.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.

well since EPA, you can swim in the cuyahoga river being reasonably certain it wont catch on fire.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    unsung said:

I don't think so.

Why would you say that?
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    I call bs.

well since EPA, you can swim in the cuyahoga river being reasonably certain it wont catch on fire.
    Very true, but those powers aren't enumerated in the Constitution so we should have just let it burn, I guess.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hey Unsung what’s your thoughts on the DOJ seizing reporters phone records ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....