The Pizza Thread

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What comes from Antarctica?  I would be interested to taste.  Only continent I would guess most haven't eaten from....
    That Aaedvark sauce I shared yesterday is delicious.  I wimped out on the last dab sauce so far.  Lol

Don't want it to ruin the badass steaks and potatoes I'm cooking up later.
    The ice in my drink haha

I would use it on scrambled eggs, other than sour cream, I don't think there's any bigger heat sink than scrambled eggs without salt.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,
    Going to a bbq today at my in laws.  I shall toast you and your reflux as I consume pasta with red sauce ;)
    Hahaha that's not a BBQ!?
    That's only one small portion of the bbq gambs!! lol

mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,
    Going to a bbq today at my in laws.  I shall toast you and your reflux as I consume pasta with red sauce ;)
    Hahaha that's not a BBQ!?
    That's only one small portion of the bbq gambs!! lol

Smoked meats with bbq sauce, Mac salad, Cole slaw, baked beans, and...spaghetti.
    Lol

I kid, there's nothing better than a smorg with a little bit of everything.
    I'll take a taste of every continent when given the chance.
    It 's sunday so there has to be pasta along with the burgers, dogs, ribs, sausage and chicken lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by H.Chinaski on
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Pizza with what's in fridge kinda day. First one brocolli and red onion. 2nd one has beets, spinach, olives, feta and pepperoncinis. Bonus photo of me and my boy that i can't seem to take off of this post...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    You make some mean looking pies, brother!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Picture isn’t he best but god damn this is one of the best slices of pizza I’ve ever had. It’s called the David Bowie. Bacon, jalapeño, caramelized onion, & pineapple. From a vendor called “Slices” at Delfest. I couldn’t wait to take a bite before I took a pic. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
    Please do not ever speak of disgusting ass ketchup in my pizza thread ever again.  What are you guys, 5 years old?  Come on!  Ketchup is for children.  The adults are speaking here.

My thread, my rule. :wink:
    Ketchup (Heinz specifically) is actually known as a complete flavor food with all 5 flavor elements in balance.
    Must be made with that Brooklyn water. :lol:

Picture isn’t he best but god damn this is one of the best slices of pizza I’ve ever had. It’s called the David Bowie. Bacon, jalapeño, caramelized onion, & pineapple. From a vendor called “Slices” at Delfest. I couldn’t wait to take a bite before I took a pic. 
    This looks amazing!
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I have a margherita ready to go here. Boring, I know, but sometimes you just have to work with what's in front of you. This thread makes me hungry!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018
    I love Canada.  Your food contributions total a giant wet fart.  Poutine and what else?
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Ketchup and all dressed chips (both gross)
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

:)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Canada.  Your food contributions total a giant wet fart.  Poutine and what else?
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

You guys eat beaver tails?!?! Wtf
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Smoked meat and beaver?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

You shut your dirty mouth!
    All, Well, and Sharp Dressed Ruffles are the shit!  Some of the best chips known to man.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

:lol: I'm not sure if you're joking?? If not, don't worry - it's a pastry, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nanaimo bars
    Butter tarts
    Beaver tails
    Montreal smoked meat
    Saskatoon berry pie

I definitely wasn’t joking. I thought you chopped off the tail and Fried It up. Lol
    edited May 2018
    :rofl: I think they'd be a little tough!
    Although over in Newfoundland they do eat seal flippers apparently, and that is also 100% Canadian. I'm not pro-seal flipper sandwiches ... those seal hunts are gruesome. :frowning:

Here are some beaver tails.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    Although over in Newfoundland they do eat seal flippers apparently, and that is also 100% Canadian. I'm not pro-seal flipper sandwiches ... those seal hunts are gruesome. :frowning:

Wow they look amazing!  Do you heat them up?  Allie walk me through the flavors in the photo. Didn’t o clock is apples I Am guessing. 7 is Nutella and banana?
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Wow they look amazing!  Do you heat them up?  Allie walk me through the flavors in the photo. Didn’t o clock is apples I Am guessing. 7 is Nutella and banana?
    They are served fresh and warm out of the fryer (or from under the broiler, if something on it needs to be melted), normally from a food truck kind of set up. Just like those mini-donuts are served warm. A lot of what makes beaver tails unique is that they're made with non-rising whole wheat dough.
    Oh, I don't really know about the toppings there - it was just a random google images photo to show as an example ... But yeah, there are what looks like apples and caramel. And Nutella and banana, and I think one is nutella and peanut butter and reese's pieces, and I believe one could be maple syrup and bacon? Not sure what the black one is ... You can really put whatever you want on them though - sweet or savoury works... Including pizza toppings I suppose! ;) But the tradition topping is just brown sugar and cinnamon.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Obviously I have a bug up my ass about this issue lol
    That you do!  Did a ny/nj slice of pizza wrong you in your younger years?
    did your high school sweetheart break up with you as you were munching down on a bagel while overlooking Central Park?
    I had a slice from what was supposedly one of "the" places to get a NY slice in NYC. There was a line up around the corner .... I was geared up to understand why everyone is always going off about the NYC slice, and I was disappointed, or at best felt totally neutral. It was just a floppy, average-tasting slice of thin crust pizza. Perception is indeed almost everything if New Yorkers truly believe their pizza has anything on pizza anywhere else.
    (side note: I had the exact opposite experience with Chicago hot dogs. They totally lived up to the hype)
    You were in Brooklyn right by the bridge?
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    did your high school sweetheart break up with you as you were munching down on a bagel while overlooking Central Park?
    I had a slice from what was supposedly one of "the" places to get a NY slice in NYC. There was a line up around the corner .... I was geared up to understand why everyone is always going off about the NYC slice, and I was disappointed, or at best felt totally neutral. It was just a floppy, average-tasting slice of thin crust pizza. Perception is indeed almost everything if New Yorkers truly believe their pizza has anything on pizza anywhere else.
    (side note: I had the exact opposite experience with Chicago hot dogs. They totally lived up to the hype)
    No - It was somewhat close to Penn Station I believe.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Sbarro’s?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Someone lied to you then, I don't recall any pizza place near Penn to be considered good?

If you come here again I'll take you to get good pizza and calamari.
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Sbarro’s?
    I have absolutely no idea - can't remember what it was called. I stopped while walking by because there was a huge line up, and the guy in the place was kind of a stereotype of an Italian New Yorker selling pizza slices in New York City, lol. He was boisterous and loud and working his ass off to meet the demand. It was an open-front window kind deal - almost like a food truck system but not a truck.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Sbarro’s?
    I have absolutely no idea - can't remember what it was called. I stopped while walking by because there was a huge line up, and the guy in the place was kind of a stereotype of an Italian New Yorker selling pizza slices in New York City, lol. He was boisterous and loud and working his ass off to meet the demand. It was an open-front window kind deal - almost like a food truck system but not a truck.
    Suprema is behind Penn Station/MSG, and they have good slices. Otherwise, midtown (especially west side!) pizza is trash.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    My new place of employment has a local place down the road that gets raved about. Tried it the other day for the first time and it’s pretty damn good, one of the better square cut pizzas I’ve had. 

Also, going on a first date next weekend and taking her to this pizzeria that has 4.5 stars on yelp. Hope the girl won’t notice that I’m more excited for the pie than I am for her. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Image may contain pizza and food
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ That Freddy Krueger pie is epic! 
    riot zack that is some good looking pizza.
    Dave, i'm loving the angry face in that pie! lol.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    RiotZact said:
    My new place of employment has a local place down the road that gets raved about. Tried it the other day for the first time and it’s pretty damn good, one of the better square cut pizzas I’ve had. 

Also, going on a first date next weekend and taking her to this pizzeria that has 4.5 stars on yelp. Hope the girl won’t notice that I’m more excited for the pie than I am for her. 

The first pie looks super good. Nice medium thickness to the crust. I like!

thats some funny shit that you’re more interested in the pie than the girl. Lol! Hopefully she changes your mind 
    Hope it's not shit attack piZza.  (Aka Lou's)