Eddie Vedder Chicago Cubs July 6th Third Man 45 All the Way Wrigley giveaway

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    https://pearljam.com/news/chicago-cubs-exclusive-7

CHICAGO CUBS EXCLUSIVE 7”

FEATURING ALL THE WAY

NEWS MAY 30 2018

Eddie is teaming up with The Chicago Cubs and Third Man Pressing to offer an exclusive Vinyl Record Ticket Package for the Cubs-Reds game on Friday, July 6, at Wrigley Field.

Purchase a ticket to the game through this special offer and receive a limited-edition, 7-inch vinyl record featuring "All the Way" and Steve Goodman's "Go, Cubs, Go."

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Awesome idea. Bad decision to have this when Pearl Jam is touring Europe.

Disclaimer: I am a Chicagoan who will be on tour in Europe and thus can't get one. :(
    I beg to differ. Bad decision to tour Europe when they will be marketing stuff in Chicago. 

Disclaimer: I will be attending this game and thus, will not be able to attend the Europe shows.  ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ISO a hookup.
    Also someone that's willing to ship to Canada.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    ISO a hookup.
    Thanks!
    If I had a dollar for every "ISO a hookup" that I pursued...I would be a very poor man...
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    demetrios said:
    ISO a hookup.
    Thanks!
    Save the $, get new Neil and who live albums. Same price, includes music that isn't bad
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Grail status in three...two...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Curious though: what about the 35,000 or so people who already bought tickets for this game months ago? Before there was an option for this item.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Vinyl ticket combos are still available. Must be over a thousand of these pressed from TMR.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    I want to try this and see if the record gets shipped to me... but seems too risky.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    This is the part that scares me: One vinyl record will be granted for each ticket purchased through this offer, pending availability.

To me that reads like when teams do a giveaway except this one doesn’t tell you how many
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    In reality they are trying to fill up empty seats in not-so-great sections for a game against an opponent that will not draw a big crowd (the Cubs play the Reds for 2-3 weekends this year for some reason).

I'm betting that the amount of seats they are looking to fill and the number of packages are available will be paired up - can't see them selling out those sections they have listed.

The "pending availability" part is a little scary, but might also be in reference to the vinyl package availability, not necessarily the record.

Cubs ticketing live chat seemed to be pretty optimistic. Hit them up if you want to get more clarity before pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    I mean, when I bought my tickets yesterday, there were only a few sections to chose from. One of which was the bleachers. These will likely have sold out by game time...especially if the weather is nice.

Getting a weekend series against the Reds in the summer is great for the Cubs. If they play them during the weekdays, there is far less appeal for people to miss work for it. But they will still fill the park on the weekends despite who the Cubs are playing. So, if they can play a weekend at home against a team like the Reds, and a 4 game home series against a team like the Nationals, the Cubs would be maximizing profits all across the board.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad there will be ALOT of vinyl pressed to go around.

Exclusive Eddie Vedder 7" single? A Third Man Records pressing? 2 day's later & all Vinyl Record Ticket Packages not sold out?

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    demetrios said:

Exclusive Eddie Vedder 7" single? A Third Man Records pressing? 2 day's later & all Vinyl Record Ticket Packages not sold out?

It's hard to justify.  While I could get to Wrigley and am a Cubs and PJ lifer, it's hard to justify $67 for a collectible.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,876
    demetrios said:

It's hard to justify.  While I could get to Wrigley and am a Cubs and PJ lifer, it's hard to justify $67 for a collectible.
    It's one song! lol  I'm glad I stopped being a semi merch whore.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    I'm probably being foolish, but when it all shakes out I feel like these will be on discogs/bay for less than the ticket prices
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    mcgruff10 said:
    demetrios said:

It's one song! lol  I'm glad I stopped being a semi merch whore.
    Agreed. When it comes to 45s, I have all of my 10C singles but that's it.  I don't know what the hell people do with the rest, but to each his own.  If I was able to stay for the game, it would be different, but I have an insane summer starting with Radiohead at the UC this night and the next.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    timdwilli said:
    I'm probably being foolish, but when it all shakes out I feel like these will be on discogs/bay for less than the ticket prices
    If it wasn't Third Man pressing it, for sure. And to be honest, I don't expect Vault-level packaging but you never know.

Then again, I'm still sitting on a few sealed All the Way CD singles that aren't worth much either (at least those only cost $1).
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I’ll just wait and see if the show up in the Vault store later, Seems like a bunch have been pressed, so will just wait this one out. Good luck to all who have ordered tickets.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    MedozK said:
    I’ll just wait and see if the show up in the Vault store later, Seems like a bunch have been pressed, so will just wait this one out. Good luck to all who have ordered tickets.
    That's the plan I'm going with.
  • Options
    Still available? :o
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    demetrios said:
    Still available? :o
    Unbelievably, yes still available.
     I try to get to Wrigley as many times per year as I can and this is a great excuse to do so
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,546

Overall, how do people feel about the $60 for the quarter year vault package?   The selections seem to cover a wide range of bands. 

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    I cannot believe the cheaper option for tickets is STILL available....
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Cubs can't even sell out the game with EV's help. Sad!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Do they ship this Vinyl to those who cannot attend the game?
  • Options

Please note the vinyl record will be available for pickup Friday, July 6, at Wrigley Field. Additional details regarding the redemption of this exclusive item will be shared closer to the game date.

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    demetrios said:

Please note the vinyl record will be available for pickup Friday, July 6, at Wrigley Field. Additional details regarding the redemption of this exclusive item will be shared closer to the game date.

Those look pretty sweet.....drool!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:

Damn, as a Cubs fan and PJ man......... I really want one of these!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    lolobugg said:
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:

Damn, as a Cubs fan and PJ man......... I really want one of these!!!!
    Same.  I have a buddy that lives a mile from Wrigley, too.  But he's kind of unreliable.  When I had him get the Oktoberfest glass boot a couple yrs ago, he kept texting me about him & his buddies going into all these bars and shit.  I was like, dude, get to the fucking game and get my damn glass!!  He finally went in the 6th inning.