SUBPOP 30th

jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
Who all is going? We definitely are.
Anyone heard any rumors about if/who is playing?

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
Ed Solo: 17-Louisville

Comments

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Yep, i am! Along with the 4 other girls im travelling with, should be fun! Havent seen any info on line up 
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I read somewhere the lineup will be released May 29th ( I think, now I can't find it).  Trying to convince my wife that we should stay til Sunday in stead of flying out Saturday morning.  She's cheap so hopefully the "free" part will appeal to her.
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    toolie said:
    I read somewhere the lineup will be released May 29th ( I think, now I can't find it).  Trying to convince my wife that we should stay til Sunday in stead of flying out Saturday morning.  She's cheap so hopefully the "free" part will appeal to her.
    Definitely!  We're staying through Sunday, because we've never been to Seattle before and want to explore the town.
    I'm really hoping for some guest stars at the PJ show.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I think we should expect some guest stars at Subpop 30th
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    Kurt Cobain hologram?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    edited April 2018

SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, August 11, 2018

To celebrate 30 years of releasing somewhat well-regarded records, CDs and tapes, Sub Pop Records is hosting an entirely FREE event we’ve taken to calling SPF30. Sub Pop’s 30th Anniversary Party (with entertainment), will be held Saturday, August 11th, 2018 along incredibly scenic Alki Ave. in the Alki Beach neighborhood of West Seattle (see West Seattle Blog January 12th).

Seattle’s Alki Beach boasts some of the most awesome territorial (city/water/mountain) views the city has to offer, along with the occasional whale sighting, a somewhat diminutive replica of the Statue of Liberty, and some of the best local businesses to boot. We are stoked (and not a little surprised) that the city cleared the permits.

SPF30 is altogether FREE and will have… Bands! A record fair-type event!  A host of local nonprofit organizations! Food! Booze! (The food and beer and wine and soda or whatever, you will have to pay for! These parts are not free!) Good times and opportunities to embarrass yourself and those who’d always hoped for better for you! Plus, bands!

SPF30:

Sub Pop’s 30th Anniversary Party (with entertainment) at Alki Beach

Saturday, August 11th, 2018

Noon - 10 pm

West Seattle, WA

For FREE / For YOU

SPF30

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,904
    Earlier this year Subpop signed an artist by the name on Yuno. If he plays this check him out. Dude is great.
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 303
    I’ll be there and it’s also my birthday, so feel free to buy me a beer.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Assuming our return flight doesn't get changed a 3rd time (f***ing Delta!) we'll be there. Will only be in town Thursday morning till Saturday night, so that is the day we plan to check out West Seattle. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,636
    Afghan whigs make it worth it
    Good lineup.  Glad Yuno is playing. 
    clipping. Too. Very cool. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    Afghan Whigs make everything better!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    goldrush said:
    Afghan Whigs make everything better!
    Yes they do.  :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Just sucks they’re playing the same night as PJ! 
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 715
    I am excited for Mudhoney. Will there be any chance that Jeff and Stone get up and do something with them? Now just a question... this is far away from downtown Seattle where I am staying. What is the best way to get there?
    toolie said:
    Just sucks they’re playing the same night as PJ! 
    I guess that means no guest Dulli appearance like J Mascis in Fenway
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    I am excited for Mudhoney. Will there be any chance that Jeff and Stone get up and do something with them? Now just a question... this is far away from downtown Seattle where I am staying. What is the best way to get there?
    I've always taken public transport to West Seattle when I've visited. It's fairly easy. Also, when the Sub Pop founders were on KEXP yesterday morning announcing the lineup, they mentioned they were working with the city to add extra transit specifically for the event. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    To bad they couldn't get these guys to play:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

No doubt. I’ve still never seen Dinosaur Jr. but they are coming to Calgary in a September so I’ll probably go see them there. With Madtodon, which I find a bit weird, but whatever. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    toolie said:
    No doubt. I’ve still never seen Dinosaur Jr. but they are coming to Calgary in a September so I’ll probably go see them there. With Madtodon, which I find a bit weird, but whatever. 
    Dino!  Would really enjoy hearing about that show!  Have a great time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I think with the Green River vinyl reissue coming out next week, and Mudhoney posting GR images, there's a good chance of a reunion happening.
    brianlux said:
    toolie said:

Thanks man, I cranked up some Mastodon last night. Still can't get into the new album but the old stuff is good.  Love the new Dinosaur Jr. though. 
    kasedoug said:
    I've always taken public transport to West Seattle when I've visited. It's fairly easy. Also, when the Sub Pop founders were on KEXP yesterday morning announcing the lineup, they mentioned they were working with the city to add extra transit specifically for the event. 
    Thanks for the reply.
    I think with the Green River vinyl reissue coming out next week, and Mudhoney posting GR images, there's a good chance of a reunion happening.

Thing is... they have a show on the Monday, so they may just relax.
    Too bad theres no Sunny Day Real Estate / Enigk appearance.  They saved Sub Pop in the 90s
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    toolie said:
    brianlux said:
    toolie said:

Thanks man, I cranked up some Mastodon last night. Still can't get into the new album but the old stuff is good.  Love the new Dinosaur Jr. though. 
    If you do go to see Dinosaur Jr, remember to take industrial ear plugs... and headphones... and put your hood up... Those MFs are LOUD!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,623
    goldrush said:
    toolie said:
    brianlux said:
    toolie said:

If you do go to see Dinosaur Jr, remember to take industrial ear plugs... and headphones... and put your hood up... Those MFs are LOUD!
    Pretty sure this is the loudest concert I’ve ever been too. There’s no way J can still hear standing in front of those stacks all these years. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023