Portugal. The Man

I am really digging their album "Evil Friends". I'd hate to say it but I am liking it more than Lightning Bolt. It sounds like Radiohead ,Jack White & Justin Timberlake decided to make a record together. Anyone ever seen these guys live? TOP Tracks: Evil Friends, Creep in a T-Shirt, Hip Hop Kids, Purple Yellow Red & Blue

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Been listening to them for a few years, saw them live last year. Definitely check them out. They're a blast.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Just seen these guys last night in Toronto. Killer show!!!!!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • A person bought their limited edition pono player.

This is the only thing I know of them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    They're a really cool band with a super unique sound. Fun live, too, saw them in 2010 or 2011, can't remember!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    saw them play live last week and i was absolutely blown away. i only own the new cd "woodstock" so now i'm wondering what disc to get next? any ideas?
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    My favorite albums are- Waiter: “You Vultures!”, In the Mountain in the Clouds, and the Satanic Satanist.

Their sound has evolved. Earlier albums are more psychedelic sounding. Best all around album is probably In the Mountain in the Clouds, but all 3 of the above are great.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    My favorite albums are- Waiter: “You Vultures!”, In the Mountain in the Clouds, and the Satanic Satanist.

Their sound has evolved. Earlier albums are more psychedelic sounding. Best all around album is probably In the Mountain in the Clouds, but all 3 of the above are great.
    +1 for In The Mountain In The Cloud. I also like their Evil Friends, and The Majestic Majesty is an acoustic version of Satanic Satanist, so it's a nice compliment to that album.