Options

'Creepy uncle' Morgan Freeman issues apology after eight women accuse him of sexual harassment

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
'Creepy uncle' Morgan Freeman issues apology after eight women accuse him of sexual harassment

http://nationalpost.com/entertainment/celebrity/creepy-uncle-morgan-freeman-issues-apology-after-eight-women-accuse-him-of-sexual-harassment
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited May 2018
    Will he avoid Shawshank State Penitentiary?
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Not Morgan Freeman!?!?!?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    my2hands said:
    Not Morgan Freeman!?!?!?
    Yep unreal , im glad this has happened that culture has to be stomped out of our society too bad perpetrator # 1 will get away with it because he’s the president that is the biggest shsm of all we all know he has assaulted women through out his life ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LOL ... you can tour the prison that shawshamk was filmed at.  When you visit Cleveland you can tour the prison ... LOL 

Ohio State Reformatory
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Reformatory
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    What the hell is the matter with these actor dudes these days?  Not ruling out that some of the accusations were exaggerated but all eight?  Doubtful.  Disappointing!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    More and more when these dudes get caught and outed, then they apologize ... I am more apt to believe they are just sorry they were caught and outed...

Brian, I agree ... all 8 are not exaggerating ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    This sounds like an ongoing legal matter. Did anyone get permission from the mods to discuss this? 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    This sounds like an ongoing legal matter. Did anyone get permission from the mods to discuss this? 
    That is one of the strangest question I've seen on these boards in quite some time, mookeywrench, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    brianlux said:
    That is one of the strangest question I've seen on these boards in quite some time, mookeywrench, lol!
    Indeed
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Do we have permission to discuss every other ongoing legal matter that gets discussed throughout the forums here, especially in A Moving Train?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    LOL ... you can tour the prison that shawshamk was filmed at.  When you visit Cleveland you can tour the prison ... LOL 

Ohio State Reformatory
    Don't think I'll ever make it to Cleveland. Wouldn't want to visit a jail anyways lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yeah jails can be kind of boring. I've visited some historically significant ones (Alcatraz, Kilmainham), but ultimately they're just creepy old buildings.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Yeah jails can be kind of boring. I've visited some historically significant ones (Alcatraz, Kilmainham), but ultimately they're just creepy old buildings.
    And haunted.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    my2hands said:
    Not Morgan Freeman!?!?!?
    Yep unreal , im glad this has happened that culture has to be stomped out of our society too bad perpetrator # 1 will get away with it because he’s the president that is the biggest shsm of all we all know he has assaulted women through out his life ...
    :disappointed:

hopefully not but who knows nowadays.
    And haunted.
    like Eastern State Penitentiary (although that one is closed)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Ohio State Reformatory
    Don't think I'll ever make it to Cleveland. Wouldn't want to visit a jail anyways lol
    I toured Kingston Pen last summer ... it was interesting, mostly because retired guards were part of the tour ... so they were informative.  Plus Kingston Pen has housed most of Canada's most notorious criminals...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    I’ve found jail tours incredibly interesting. Toured LA central Jail.
    But with my dad working there I got a lot of behind the scenes and parts they don’t show everyone. A standard tour probably is pretty boring.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve found jail tours incredibly interesting. Toured LA central Jail.
    But with my dad working there I got a lot of behind the scenes and parts they don’t show everyone. A standard tour probably is pretty boring.
    Kingston Pen was interesting.  Your dad was a correctional officer?  The most interesting part of Kingston pen for me was in the cell blocks ... they had this one wing unavailable to tour ... the retired guard said all those names you are thinking were housed in there, the like of Clifford Olsen, Paul Bernardo ... etc. ... but the most interesting statement he made, it didn't make sense to him why certain inmates need protection in Kingston pen, he went onto say every inmate in Kingston pen were the worst of society...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Back to the pervs enough with the jails they should all have to face the consequences of their actions/crime it is a crime to sexually assault someone no ? that’s what’s do fucked up that the president of this nation has admitted to assaulting women because of his status yet he remains free ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    And haunted.
    I guess you could say some of them are haunted. But going by the old theory of a soul being unable to pass over, I'm sure some of those ghosts deserve it.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited May 2018
    More and more when these dudes get caught and outed, then they apologize ... I am more apt to believe they are just sorry they were caught and outed...

Brian, I agree ... all 8 are not exaggerating ...
    Yes, agreed, and Freeman has made it more than clear that he thinks being called out now is not fair at all, and he's completely minimized his actions, trying to blow them off as irrelevant, as jokes, etc. Too bad, so sad buddy! I do think there have been a few actors who have been unfairly targeted because of some hysteria and/or because of the inability of some to consider the fact that these are human beings living life ... But when there are 8 accusations like the ones being made against Freeman, that is not the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    my2hands said:
    Not Morgan Freeman!?!?!?
    My thoughts exactly. Sooooo disappointed 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    It just really pisses me off that Freeman has tried to make himself the victim here (boohoo, my legacy is being tainted!! :cry: ) ... and a LOT of people are falling for that perspective, I'm sure just because he was beloved and some people just don't like "being forced to turn on" those they respect.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    So I watched a couple of the videos. One I don’t think freeman did anything weird. Another he was clearly hitting on the lady....and the lady played it off. While I’m not sure how much he was hitting on her was appropriate in that time and place, she never asked him to stop. 

Ill have to check out the other incidents mentioned.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So I watched a couple of the videos. One I don’t think freeman did anything weird. Another he was clearly hitting on the lady....and the lady played it off. While I’m not sure how much he was hitting on her was appropriate in that time and place, she never asked him to stop. 

Does it matter if she didn't ask him to stop?
    Sexual harassment in the work place discourages women from saying stop by its very nature. That's kind of the whole point.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Sexual harassment in the work place discourages women from saying stop by its very nature. That's kind of the whole point.
    Probably not in that setting, as I said. It’s inappropriate for a work setting. It is also the same thing that goes on in bars and nightclubs all the time and it’s encouraged.  But you are right, the setting matters a lot.  So no it doesn’t matter. 

But ill be teaching my daugher to be clear and direct when she is uncomfortable. I think that’s the best way, even if you shouldn’t have to deal with it, should be prepared to deal with it in a professional manner. (I’m talkkng about my own kid here, not what others should do or whether they should have to).
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Probably not in that setting, as I said. It’s inappropriate for a work setting. It is also the same thing that goes on in bars and nightclubs all the time and it’s encouraged.  But you are right, the setting matters a lot.  So no it doesn’t matter. 

But ill be teaching my daugher to be clear and direct when she is uncomfortable. I think that’s the best way, even if you shouldn’t have to deal with it, should be prepared to deal with it in a professional manner. (I’m talkkng about my own kid here, not what others should do or whether they should have to).
    That is great advice for your daughter.... I just hope she feels able to take that advice when she feels like doing so threatens her job/career. :frowning: I don't think the problem is usually that women experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace can't bring themselves to be clear and direct in general. It's that they are tuned in enough to recognize that if they choose to be clear and direct to defend themselves, they very well might be choosing between dealing with inappropriate behaviour from a colleague and not getting the promotion, or getting a bad reputation as being "difficult" or something. Women don't stay silent because they are meek. They stay silent because they're already fighting an uphill battle, and they don't want to compromise all that hard work or their future.
  • Options
    I know it’s not the biggest problem. But I don’t have a son, so all I can do is try to prepare her to deal with peoples sons that weren’t properly raised/prepared. ;)

I understand everything you say, and also while worrying about that and advocating in the workplace now, I choose to still prepare her in the event some creep hasn’t learned.

I also plan to be in a position to help her, so that she can be direct but appropriate and if her company doesn’t back her up, she needs to find a new place. That’s not right, but again, if it happens be prepared. It’s not worth sacrificing your dignity and safety to be apart of an organization that doesn’t respect you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    I've built 30 or so prisons and they are all the same...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    It just really pisses me off that Freeman has tried to make himself the victim here (boohoo, my legacy is being tainted!! :cry: ) ... and a LOT of people are falling for that perspective, I'm sure just because he was beloved and some people just don't like "being forced to turn on" those they respect.
    His legacy will forever be tainted by being in Driving Miss Daisy.

Also, Christopher Nolan sure hired a bunch of creeps and assholes for his overwrought Batman trilogy. Those sets must've been toxic as hell.
    I SAW PEARL JAM