Who are you?

1234568»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I am the ghost of board past

BOO!

So much so that I don't think I've ever heard of you, lol - I think you were before my time! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    edited May 2018
    i did not have the warmest reception when i started coming around here. people like byrnzie, el kabong, abook, commy, animus, hippiemom, windedsailor, pj gurl/triumphant angel, catefrances, metsfan, barroom hero, pychosinlove, jlewasu24, and a bunch of others now forgotten would light me up if i did not "come correct" with links and a reasoned argument.

wow holy fucking shit, talk about names from the old days. I feel humbled being mentioned. btw this is metsfan 
    Names from the past.... I had forgotten about some of these till seeing their names. I’ll never forget el kabong, abook, catefrances, byrnzie and of course hippiemom. Man I miss her on these boards. 
    Those were good times. My2hands was also another AMT regularly. I cried when hippiemom passed away. She left this earth way too soon. Me and her and few others would chat in the gabbly chat and her and I were always the last 2 in the chat. Our convos were just so cool. It's amazing how you can get to know someone and never met them. I hope in the after life I come across her. 
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    i did not have the warmest reception when i started coming around here. people like byrnzie, el kabong, abook, commy, animus, hippiemom, windedsailor, pj gurl/triumphant angel, catefrances, metsfan, barroom hero, pychosinlove, jlewasu24, and a bunch of others now forgotten would light me up if i did not "come correct" with links and a reasoned argument.

wow holy fucking shit, talk about names from the old days. I feel humbled being mentioned. btw this is metsfan 
    Names from the past.... I had forgotten about some of these till seeing their names. I’ll never forget el kabong, abook, catefrances, byrnzie and of course hippiemom. Man I miss her on these boards. 
    Those were good times. My2hands was also another AMT regularly. I cried when hippiemom passed away. She left this earth way too soon. Me and her and few others would chat in the gabbly chat and her and I were always the last 2 in the chat. Our convos were just so cool. It's amazing how you can get to know someone and never met them. I hope in the after life I come across her. 
    That last sentence was sweet.
    Sad to hear of her passing. I've never seen her on here, must have been before my time here.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited October 2018
    Reviving this thread because its a good one.  

Got into PJ in ‘92 when i saw the Jeremy video.  Hooked ever since. Still my favorite PJ song too. Started hanging on Synergy in ‘97 even tho i cant even remember my screename from there anymore. 

Pretty laid back guy.  I really enjoy talking and trading with folks here.  Honestly i dig old merch more than new PJ music.  That change is really weird to me.  I also can’t stand either political party so its a wonder why i even read this particular part of the forum :lol:
    It might be a common thing but after i hit 30 i started really disliking “time”.  I don't like seeing people and seeing the effects of time on them.  Or even it’s effects on a place.  More so because i moved cross country and the distance being from my parents hurts.  I notice every single change when im back.  As juvenile as it sounds i want to freeze time.

i love my wife and kid so much that I can’t even describe it.  I enjoy music, basketball, sushi, cheesy 80s shows (get a tv antenna. They have channels that show nothing but 80s shows!), and a good iced coffee.  A good day always includes a good iced coffee and being with my family.  Or really just hearing them laugh.  That can make a hard day a good day.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Reviving this thread because its a good one.  

Got into PJ in ‘92 when i saw the Jeremy video.  Hooked ever since. Still my favorite PJ song too. Started hanging on Synergy in ‘97 even tho i cant even remember my screename from there anymore. 

Pretty laid back guy.  I really enjoy talking and trading with folks here.  Honestly i dig old merch more than new PJ music.  That change is really weird to me.  I also can’t stand either political party so its a wonder why i even read this particular part of the forum :lol:
    It might be a common thing but after i hit 30 i started really disliking “time”.  I don't like seeing people and seeing the effects of time on them.  Or even it’s effects on a place.  More so because i moved cross country and the distance being from my parents hurts.  I notice every single change when im back.  As juvenile as it sounds i want to freeze time.

i love my wife and kid so much that I can’t even describe it.  I enjoy music, basketball, sushi, cheesy 80s shows (get a tv antenna. They have channels that show nothing but 80s shows!), and a good iced coffee.  A good day always includes a good iced coffee and being with my family.  Or really just hearing them laugh.  That can make a hard day a good day.  

ice coffee is the shit.

now I need to go get one at lunch.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

My first iced coffee usually enters my veins at 6am lol
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    I'm a ninja.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "I was born a poor black child....

P.S. -- Is grandma still farting?"

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I feel like Semi-Survivor Man this week.  Thursday, 9/27, I had a vertigo/migraine attack that sent me into major dizziness, vomiting until frequent dry heaving, hyperventilating until my hands went numb, super light sensitivity and increased sound sensitivity.  I managed to get  hold of friends who called an ambulance and got me to the ER.  Not really a life threatening event but if I hadn't managed to get to the phone (and I'm not even sure how I did that- crawled maybe?), I'm not sure where this would have ended up.  Two or three years free of this crap and now life feels day to day again.  Mornings are miserable with cloudy, woozy head and mild nausea.  I'm pretty sure I have vestibular migraine as well as BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo).  These attacks feel like a form of torture.  No fun.  :frowning:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Sucks.  Hope it was a one time episode. Get well soon man
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    brianlux said:
    I feel like Semi-Survivor Man this week.  Thursday, 9/27, I had a vertigo/migraine attack that sent me into major dizziness, vomiting until frequent dry heaving, hyperventilating until my hands went numb, super light sensitivity and increased sound sensitivity.  I managed to get  hold of friends who called an ambulance and got me to the ER.  Not really a life threatening event but if I hadn't managed to get to the phone (and I'm not even sure how I did that- crawled maybe?), I'm not sure where this would have ended up.  Two or three years free of this crap and now life feels day to day again.  Mornings are miserable with cloudy, woozy head and mild nausea.  I'm pretty sure I have vestibular migraine as well as BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo).  These attacks feel like a form of torture.  No fun.  :frowning:
    That sounds awful -- hope you get back in the pilot's seat soon, Brian. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Sucks.  Hope it was a one time episode. Get well soon man

brianlux said:
    That sounds awful -- hope you get back in the pilot's seat soon, Brian. 
    Thank you both!  Doing a little better today.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Hello dit dot dit dot meet the new me: