Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Nah, its time for the band to move on. Maybe get a mandolin player.

Maybe a dulcimer?  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    DMB sucks the last 10 years... the lack of a violin just means one less pointless and uninspired 5 minute solo out of a show full of pointless and uninspired solos... but at least he added a wrinkle, a good wrinkle to be honest... so now it's an even easier decision to skip DMB for yet another summer
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Oh Shit. Peter Griser tweeted #MeToo this morning. 

Damn. 

I hope about boyd and no one else. .
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited May 2018
    Oh Shit. Peter Griser tweeted #MeToo this morning. 

Damn. 

damn. maybe that's why he quit.

if so then this has been going on a long time.

Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I’m gonna laugh from now on whenever people refer to Boyd as the fiddler in the band.
    Debut of "She".  Not bad.  I like it.  Good Buddy Strong solo to close the song, with some help from the horns.  I like his style.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1pwLhgf0A
  • Save WhoSave Who Posts: 292
    mrussel1 said:
    Debut of "She".  Not bad.  I like it.  Good Buddy Strong solo to close the song, with some help from the horns.  I like his style.  

Of the new songs this is probably my favorite so far.  I've heard multiple people say it sounds like Pearl Jam... not sure where they get that from though. :o
    edited May 2018
    The first set of tickets has arrived... Bristow VA in just a few weeks ..really hoping for a Miles Tsang print for the show . Too many Methanes over the years. 

Post edited by mrussel1 on
    BOO!!!

Thank you for pre-ordering Dave Matthews Band Come Tomorrow. Due to production delays, the release date for Vinyl and Cassette has been changed to June 29, 2018. Pre-orders for White Vinyl, Black Vinyl and Cassette will ship on or around June 27 along with other items on your order.

You will receive a full album MP3 on release day, June 8. Please look for an email that morning with a link to download your album. We hope you enjoy the new album.

Thank you,
    Dave Matthews Band Warehouse Store

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Save Who said:
    mrussel1 said:

Of the new songs this is probably my favorite so far.  I've heard multiple people say it sounds like Pearl Jam... not sure where they get that from though. :o
    The verse definitely reminds me of pj. I can’t put my finger on which song. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    These setlists have been sucking. Why so much Stand Up?

I thought last night's was decent.  Agreed on the Stand Up, but I don't think it's terrible. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594

probably because they worked with Mark Batson (amongst others) on the new album.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think its totally insane people buy cassette at this point... 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    my2hands said:
    8 Track resurgence is next. Just you wait.
    my2hands said:
    Agreed. .I have no nostalgia for bad products.  Record resurgence is about quality. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Agreed. .I have no nostalgia for bad products.  Record resurgence is about quality. 
    I don’t know, a tape in a nice deck can sound mighty good.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I love how tiny they are- like the anti-record that’s still analog/physical media! Kinda cool,  I think the little booklets for no code and vitality are cool too.  I should mention how I like paying next to nothing for them too.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    I don’t know, a tape in a nice deck can sound mighty good.
    Sure, it sounds good. But I really can't say any cassette I ever heard on any system sounds better than even an mp3 player plugged into a stereo sounds. I do agree that the size is somewhat appealing, and the fact that an analog format is portable is nice I guess, but it's still a lot less portable than an mp3 player or a smartphone, lol. Or CDs, for that matter.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2018
    Tapes are pure nostalgia, I’ll break some out ever so often, some can sound pretty good too, And i think it’s fun finding tapes at my record store for like 25 cents each.
  • MedozK said:
    Tapes are pure nostalgia, I’ll break some out ever so often, some can sound pretty good too, And i think it’s fun finding tapes at my record store for like 25 cents each.

For this reason... fair enough.

Cassettes were a pain in the arse back in the day. There's no reason to ever go back to them unless, as stated, you seek to stroll down memory lane.

A Bic pen works best for rewinding or fast forwarding- save the batteries in your Walkman (just spin and spin).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    New album sounds good. Low on horns and violin but still pretty good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Can't Stop  has been entirely re-worked and is much better than in the past.  I've only briefly listened to the cd, it came with tickets, but really waiting for the record to come out.  I will say that the new songs sound good live.  I saw four in Bristow last weekend and they came out really well live.  There are definitely some holes that need to be filled on the old songs.  The lack of violin hurts.  
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Can't Stop  has been entirely re-worked and is much better than in the past.  I've only briefly listened to the cd, it came with tickets, but really waiting for the record to come out.  I will say that the new songs sound good live.  I saw four in Bristow last weekend and they came out really well live.  There are definitely some holes that need to be filled on the old songs.  The lack of violin hurts.  
    I’m not a fan of the new Can’t Stop. And I’m going to say something I’ve been saying for 12 years now- Idea of You could be a huge radio song. Well, COULD HAVE been back when radio played real music. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Tonight at 8pm free live stream!!!
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Tonight at 8pm free live stream!!!
    Can anyone record this for me/us??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • The streaming effort might be one of the worst I've tried to watch.

My gawd.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    The streaming effort might be one of the worst I've tried to watch.

My gawd.
    It hasn't lagged in a while.

Much better now!
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    edited June 2018
    I thought it might have been a Canadian thing up here and me chrome casting it, but it seems like it is/was rampant issue

Picture quality is great and sonos sounds great too :)