2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I'm rooting for the Caps and Ovechkin.  The Knights is a nice story but I'd rather see the Big O get a cup win.
    Watch out...you're about to get a lecture from mrussel1!!!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I'm rooting for the Caps and Ovechkin.  The Knights is a nice story but I'd rather see the Big O get a cup win.
    Watch out...you're about to get a lecture from mrussel1!!!
    Goddam right... #PutinStooge
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It obvious for Washington to get to the final was the result of interference by high level members of the Putin regime ...

I think Mr. Bettman should hire a special prosecutor to investigate...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It obvious for Washington to get to the final was the result of interference by high level members of the Putin regime ...

I think Mr. Bettman should hire a special prosecutor to investigate...
    There was plenty of interference last night, I'll give you that.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Wonder how Tom Wilson will act with Ryan Reaves looking back at him from the other side?  
    Why does Ovechkin play with Wilson anyway?  Does he need protection?
    When did you start following hockey ... the post Bettman era.  Post Tampa entering the league era.  At one time many top lines featured enforcers.  Gretzky had Semenko/McSorley, Yzerman had Probert, Bossy/Trottier had Gillies and on and on ... the instigator rule has changed the role of the enforcer for the worst...beside Ovechkin does not shy away from the rough stuff...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Wonder how Tom Wilson will act with Ryan Reaves looking back at him from the other side?  
    When did you start following hockey ... the post Bettman era.  Post Tampa entering the league era.  At one time many top lines featured enforcers.  Gretzky had Semenko/McSorley, Yzerman had Probert, Bossy/Trottier had Gillies and on and on ... the instigator rule has changed the role of the enforcer for the worst...beside Ovechkin does not shy away from the rough stuff...
    yeah no shit.. Gretzky had an enforcer?  Who knew...  I'm asking why Ovi needs one.  Thanks for the unnecessary history lesson.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    PJFanwillneverstopgivinghockeylessons
    :look_at_the_time:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I miss him....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:
    I miss him....
    You can't be serious?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    This thread used to be fun but like most things on the internet has gone right down the shitter.
    This thread used to be fun but like most things on the internet has gone right down the shitter.
    Don't worry, I'm generally done bitching about Ovechkin...unless someone tries to say he's a great guy and deserving.  He ain't that.
    mrussel1 said:
    I miss him....
    You can't be serious?
    I enjoyed the typos and syntax errors.  It's like we had our own Donald Trump posting for us.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    yeah no shit.. Gretzky had an enforcer?  Who knew...  I'm asking why Ovi needs one.  Thanks for the unnecessary history lesson.  
    Who said Ovechkin needs an enforcer.  But since your such a knowledgeable hockey fan then you already  know why the enforcers are part of the game ... and a great part of the game.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who said Ovechkin needs an enforcer.  But since your such a knowledgeable hockey fan then you already  know why the enforcers are part of the game ... and a great part of the game.  
    I asked why Ovi was playing with one.  Wilson's skill level, hands, points, etc. seem more in line with 3rd or check line.  Just seems odd that Ovi's playing with a lunkhead who has 5x as many PIM as points.  I can only assume it's protection.  

Yeah, enforcers are the best.  I put it up there with the two line pass and the left wing lock.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I asked why Ovi was playing with one.  Wilson's skill level, hands, points, etc. seem more in line with 3rd or check line.  Just seems odd that Ovi's playing with a lunkhead who has 5x as many PIM as points.  I can only assume it's protection.  

Yeah, enforcers are the best.  I put it up there with the two line pass and the left wing lock.  
    Don't forget the trap!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don't forget the trap!

No two line pass + the trap makes for great hockey!  Nothing was more exciting than watching Sweet Lou's Devils play in the 90's.  So exciting with all of that ice closed off..blah.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Either way, history will be made!  This has all the makings of an awesome SCF!  I'm slightly rooting for Vegas, but seeing Ovi lift the Cup will bring a smile as well.
    Either way, history will be made!  This has all the makings of an awesome SCF!  I'm slightly rooting for Vegas, but seeing Ovi lift the Cup will bring a smile as well.
    Fuck him... I'd smile if he broke his leg in game 1.  
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

After living in MD for years and going to many Caps/BRUINS games I'd like to see 8 win one. That Capitals organization has seen far too many disappointments over the years. That said if Vegas wins I'd be fine with that, somebody had to have put down $100 on the Knights @ 500-1.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why do you think the coach has him up there with Ovi!  And there are some pretty damn good enforcers ... Probert is pretty much up there as a favourite wing for most wing fans...but whatever...we get it you don't like Ovi because he's associated with Putin...Let me see, your country politicians have no problem doing business with Saudi Arabia ... and there is that little perpetual Middle East war that's been raging for how many years? Afghanistan?  
    Yeah Putin is the only sinister politician in the world.  Yes the USofA is a straight fine A world class upstanding citizen. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why do you think the coach has him up there with Ovi!  And there are some pretty damn good enforcers ... Probert is pretty much up there as a favourite wing for most wing fans...but whatever...we get it you don't like Ovi because he's associated with Putin...Let me see, your country politicians have no problem doing business with Saudi Arabia ... and there is that little perpetual Middle East war that's been raging for how many years? Afghanistan?  
    Yeah Putin is the only sinister politician in the world.  Yes the USofA is a straight fine A world class upstanding citizen. 
    Interesting this just hit the wire:  http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/389304-us-complete-confidence-in-probe-that-russian-missile-downed-mh17
    "It is time for Russia to cease its lies and account for its role in the shoot down."
     #TeamPutin   - Ovi

Go to the AMT and try to find a post where I defend any of the behavior or politics that you are trying to pin on me.  And keep defending Ovi's "politics" with false equivalency.  
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    man we got to wait till monday for this to start? damn.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

I'm worried about Vegas.  They seemed slow in the conference finals..  I thought both ECF teams played with more speed and skill than WCF.  Maybe it was style..  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    Unfortunately The Simpsons predicted Vegas winning
    I miss igotid88
    mrussel1 said:
    Nami said:

I'm worried about Vegas.  They seemed slow in the conference finals..  I thought both ECF teams played with more speed and skill than WCF.  Maybe it was style..  

Finally some hockey tonight! 

This is going to be a great series.  With both teams having some down time, I expect a slow start tonight. 

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    I can hardly wait to see what spectacle Vegas plans before the start of the game...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I can hardly wait to see what spectacle Vegas plans before the start of the game...
    That alone is worth watching. With them being a new franchise they can just about put on any kind of a show they want. For the most part they certainly do.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

come 930 my time, I just want them to drop the puck and get on with it....

Go Caps! (looking to see if mrussel1 is around-all clear) Go Caps!

I kid.

Nami said:

come 930 my time, I just want them to drop the puck and get on with it....

Go Caps! (looking to see if mrussel1 is around-all clear) Go Caps!

I kid.

Would you like to know what I think of Alex Ovechkin?  Let me know.  I have a three page dissertation I can post.