Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    Anyone else feel like the boogeyman hiding under some kid's bed is more real than  "ms-13?"

You don't think this gang is real?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    RYME said:
    It's getting interesting.
    The ball of yarn is unraveling.
    yeah....Pompeo acknowledged that the deep state controls the State Dept....no wait....he said there was no such thing

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/23/mike-pompeo-no-deep-state-604199
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

His Excellency
    Kim Jong Un
    Chairman of the State Affairs Commission
    of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
    Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:
    We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
      I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.
      If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.
      Sincerely yours,
      Donald J. Trump
      President of the United States of America
      Good God, wtf
    • Options
      Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
      what kind of shit leader writes this in official correspondence to another leader:

You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
      my guess is that tRump insisted that sentence be added....it's the stupidest sentence of the letter
      Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
      2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
      2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
      2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
      2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
      2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    • Options
      tbergstbergs Posts: 9,214
      so that asshole tweets his "we are with you (Tomi Lahren)" hours after the witch gets water thrown at her (no, she didn't melt, to everyone's amazement) but takes 3 weeks to congratulate the waffle house hero for risking his life to save others. 

she is the first to call everyone a fucking snowflake, but then goes on fucks and friends and says "I'm tough, I can handle it" about getting a drink thrown in her face. 

un-fucking-real. the hypocrisy knows no bounds. 
      I'm proud of the MN nice welcome we gave her here. 
      It's a hopeless situation...
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:
      Smellyman said:
      my2hands said:
      NK isn't a threat even with nukes... what would they gain from attacking anybody?
      Nothing but certain annihilation.  They would never use them.
      Mutually assured... SK, Japan and NK.  He would use them if we attacked Pyongyang.  But I don't think there's much chance he would proactively use them.  It's a stalemate and why I think we should be negotiating to re-enter the world community.  NK has starved its own people and been a bad actor, but they haven't invaded other countries, committed acts of war, etc.  So I'm not sure why we treat them like they are Germany circa 1938.  
      I agree... but I put the chance of NK proactively using nukes, or attacking anybody for that matter, at 0%
    • Options
      HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
      tbergs said:
      so that asshole tweets his "we are with you (Tomi Lahren)" hours after the witch gets water thrown at her (no, she didn't melt, to everyone's amazement) but takes 3 weeks to congratulate the waffle house hero for risking his life to save others. 

she is the first to call everyone a fucking snowflake, but then goes on fucks and friends and says "I'm tough, I can handle it" about getting a drink thrown in her face. 

un-fucking-real. the hypocrisy knows no bounds. 
      I'm proud of the MN nice welcome we gave her here. 
      totally. 
      Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
      Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575

What is Team Trump Treason afraid of? What is Team Trump Treason hiding? Why is Team Trump Treason so afraid of the press? I thought Team Trump Treason was a tough guy? Hardened, used to the glare? Is Team Trump Treason really a snowflake?

TRUMP HAS HAD ONLY ONE SOLO NEWS CONFERENCE: Glenn Kessler looks at data that compares presidential interactions with the news media and finds:

Trump has had only one solo news conference, compared with 34 for George H.W. Bush, 18 for Bill Clinton, 13 for Obama, nine for Reagan and five for George W. Bush.

As Kessler drily notes, pressers “are helpful for presidents, because it forces them to confront possible contradictions in their policies.” Which, of course, is exactly why he doesn’t hold them.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    • Options
      SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,518
      That was great.  But as pointed out in the thread, he should have been doing that all along and not when he is going out the door.  Amazing how candid he got when GOP repercussions can't hurt his power or re-election.
    • Options
      PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
      mrussel1 said:
      here we go. everyone get their WWIII flags and pins at your local underground bunker shop. 
      I'm selling war bonds.  Let me know if you're interested.  

Honestly, nothing is going to happen.  We have to accept that NK is nuclear and it going to stay nuclear.  The question is how can we reduce them as a threat and pull them back into the world community.  

We have/had an opportunity to prevent Iran from becoming nuclear for at least another 15 years, but now that's fucked up.  
      Agreed. I'm actually not convinced that anyone at all in the US government actually ever believed denuclearization of NK was going to happen. That was just stupid blather. I would love to know exactly what their scheme was when they started talking along those lines... Is it possible that Trump and friends are THAT stupid? Or did other perhaps try to explain reality to him and he just didn't listen? I mean, not that I want NK to have the nukes, but what nation has ever denuclearized? Are there any? Why would NK ever do that? It makes no sense. And I never understood how the USA of all countries could ever insist that anyone does. That seems ridiculous.
      Obviously, the only good path forward is to just improve relations with NK so that they aren't a threat. Didn't everyone already know this? I actually figured that's what this cancelled summit was supposed to be for, until stupid Trump opened his stupid mouth and started babbling about complete denuclearization.

BTW, the reason given for cancelling the summit is ludicrous, given the circumstances. Under his supposed reasoning, practically the entire world should be stopping all diplomatic relations with the USA, lol. But I don't really think that is the real reason anyhow.
      With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    • Options
      ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
      Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    • Options
      mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
      PJ_Soul said:
      mrussel1 said:
      here we go. everyone get their WWIII flags and pins at your local underground bunker shop. 

Honestly, nothing is going to happen.  We have to accept that NK is nuclear and it going to stay nuclear.  The question is how can we reduce them as a threat and pull them back into the world community.  

We have/had an opportunity to prevent Iran from becoming nuclear for at least another 15 years, but now that's fucked up.  
      Agreed. I'm actually not convinced that anyone at all in the US government actually ever believed denuclearization of NK was going to happen. That was just stupid blather. I would love to know exactly what their scheme was when they started talking along those lines... Is it possible that Trump and friends are THAT stupid? Or did other perhaps try to explain reality to him and he just didn't listen? I mean, not that I want NK to have the nukes, but what nation has ever denuclearized? Are there any? Why would NK ever do that? It makes no sense. And I never understood how the USA of all countries could ever insist that anyone does. That seems ridiculous.
      Obviously, the only good path forward is to just improve relations with NK so that they aren't a threat. Didn't everyone already know this? I actually figured that's what this cancelled summit was supposed to be for, until stupid Trump opened his stupid mouth and started babbling about complete denuclearization.

BTW, the reason given for cancelling the summit is ludicrous, given the circumstances. Under his supposed reasoning, practically the entire world should be stopping all diplomatic relations with the USA, lol. But I don't really think that is the real reason anyhow.
      You bring up an excellent point.  I can't think of one country that gave up their nuclear weapons once acquired.  I'd love to hear an example.  
    • Options
      benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

His Excellency
      Kim Jong Un
      Chairman of the State Affairs Commission
      of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
      Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:
      We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
        I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.
        If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.
        Sincerely yours,
        Donald J. Trump
        President of the United States of America
        Four days ago I was in Hiroshima, looking at a city built on the ashes of another. At the Peace Park, there’s a flame that will be extinguished when there are no more nuclear weapons which can be used. Words like this are reminders that so long as the outrageous concept of nuclear deterrence exists, that reality won’t be realized, and it’s a fucking tragedy which people will die from. Leaders don’t hold themselves to the standards of those they see as unethical and immoral - instead, they lead and inspire. That’s the biggest difference between Donald Trump and a leader.
        '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
        Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
      • Options
        dignindignin Posts: 9,303
        mrussel1 said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        mrussel1 said:

You bring up an excellent point.  I can't think of one country that gave up their nuclear weapons once acquired.  I'd love to hear an example.  
        Libya gave up a nuclear weapons program, but didn't have nukes. That's about the most similar situation I can think of.

• Options
        dignin said:
        mrussel1 said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        mrussel1 said:

Libya gave up a nuclear weapons program, but didn't have nukes. That's about the most similar situation I can think of.

Right that's the difference.  They couldn't defend themselves.  Once you obtain the warhead and can deploy, now you're playing a different game.  
      • Options
        OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
        Smellyman said:
        That was great.  But as pointed out in the thread, he should have been doing that all along and not when he is going out the door.  Amazing how candid he got when GOP repercussions can't hurt his power or re-election.
        Yep...the only courageous republicans seem to be those that are retiring.  It shows something about power, I think.  
        1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
        2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
      • Options
        OnWis97 said:
        Smellyman said:
        Yep...the only courageous republicans seem to be those that are retiring.  It shows something about power, I think.  
        Fear of the right wing echo chamber
      • Options
        OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
        I confess the following: Until I saw the commemorative coin, I did not know Kim Jong-Un's title was "Supreme Leader."

That has to make Trump jealous. And getting a title that is at least that great must be on his short list.
        1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
        2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
      • Options
        Canceling the summit with the “Very honorable” Un and ratcheting up the saber rattling, coincidence or calculated?

McConnell Says He Supports Mueller Investigation - NPR https://apple.news/AWRZmktkeRSevqMz2-YXLlQ
        09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
      • Options
        mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,677
        So much winning. WINNING PEOPLE. Are you tired yet?
        _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
        you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
        memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
        another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
      • Options

Brilliantati©
      • Options
        South Africa gave up their development program... Libya gave up development program...  Iraq's nuclear plant was bombed by Israel in the 80's which derailed their program... 

But I dont think anybody actually gave up their nukes once attained
      • Options
        The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,231
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • Options
        Therein lies the problem. Fucking doofuses. So excited were they for the “Very honorable Little Rocket Man Un” to unilaterally denuclearize. Suckers. How’d they vote on the Iran sanctions, by the way?

Brilliantati©
      • Options
        Looks like 18 dipshits to me
      • Options
        Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
        Serious question, why is he so orange?
        I saw him on television today and he looked like an oompa loompa.
        Does he have a skin condition? Does he use fake tan?
        Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
      • Options
        obvious fake tan.  Doesn't even try to hide his white around the eyes where the eye protection is.

It's really odd
      • Options
        rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
        He has major vanity issues and uses a large amount of fake tan(er?ing?)

It seems petty to focus on something like that, but it really reveals something important about his character that shouldn't be overlooked.  
        Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
      • Options
        rgambs said:
        He has major vanity issues and uses a large amount of fake tan(er?ing?)

It seems petty to focus on something like that, but it really reveals something important about his character that shouldn't be overlooked.  
        Yup, tries to cover up a lot of things because he is so vain.  Not enough to eat a salad or do a push up once in a while.

Lazy dude who wants everything handed to him
      This discussion has been closed.