2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Fighting coming out of th penalty box (Wilson / Coburb) was a thing of beauty, even if it wasn't much of an actual fight.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Fighting coming out of th penalty box (Wilson / Coburb) was a thing of beauty, even if it wasn't much of an actual fight.  

Sure was.  They were probably chatting about it the whole time in the box.  Holtby has been a trampoline thus far,  but the bolts can't take advantage. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Going to need a big 3rd Tampa...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

They’re done. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    dankind said:

They’re done. 
    Holtby's been on fire.  Like 140 minutes of shutout hockey
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Nami said:
    dankind said:
    So the Caps are Ovi, but the Bolts are a team! 

Let's go Lightning!!!!!
    Amerika vs Soviet Union. it's 1985 all over again! 

mrussel1 said:
    In all seriousness, it's distressing that people here can somehow disconnect his personal conduct and views from his play on the ice.  Are you willing to go see Harvey Weinstein movies now?  Probably not.  Do people excuse Trump for his support of Roy Moore?  Of course not.  Why do we excuse and support Ovechkin for his very public support of Putin.  Makes no sense to me.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf8-vKTJmwU
    Hack the bone, hack the bone!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1ywcLI3Xo

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    good win for the caps!  should be one hell of a cup final
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    We all should be happy for Ovechkin ... very well deserved Washington.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Vegas in 4
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

the post game interview with Ovy said it all.  At that moment, I think we all felt happy for him....  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    In all seriousness, it's distressing that people here can somehow disconnect his personal conduct and views from his play on the ice.  Are you willing to go see Harvey Weinstein movies now?  Probably not.  Do people excuse Trump for his support of Roy Moore?  Of course not.  Why do we excuse and support Ovechkin for his very public support of Putin.  Makes no sense to me.  
    so do you only see movies, listen to music, etc. of people's who political views align with yours?  I still watch Good Will Hunting when it's on. I still watch Seinfeld even though Michael Richards acted like a jackass. Should i turn off everything that was made by people I don't agree with?
    there's a difference between supporting Putin, Assad, etc. and whether you are pro choice, pro obamacare, etc.  Supporting Putin is not a political calculus.  It's not the same as being a Dem or Republican.  Regarding Michael Richards, yes he's a jack ass, but you are also not starting a social media group to laud him.  That would be silly and you would think him undeserving of it.  That's the difference.  Ovechkin specifically started a pro Putin group to extol him.  You can't just chalk this up to political differences.  
    Yes i can
    Got it.. Putin likes to invade sovereign territory and supply weapons to Ukrainian rebels that shot down a Dutch passenger liner killing a few hundred people.  By and large, I'm against that type of activity, so we really just differ politically.  Makes perfect fucking sense.  
    then I guess you don't cheer for anyone who has ever supported any American President since we don't exactly have clean hands around the world either.  I can't believe you pay for a PJ fan club membership when the boys supported Obama (insert sarcasm emoji here).
    America has made lots of mistakes in the world.  And I don't support them and I don't support interventionism by and large.  The only issue I can remember supporting in my life time is in Kosovo.  My conscious is clean.  To compare Obama to Putin is absolutely ridiculous.  You must have not follow what Putin has been doing for the past 15 years.  
    so we've established there is a line for you on your so called outrage.  it's just different than others. so maybe stop trying to lay guilt at some for cheering for Ovechkin because your line is different?  I don't love that he supports Putin but I can separate the player from his views.  it's not very difficult either.
    I'm not laying guilt.  And my outrage is real, it isn't "so called".  Ovechkin's support is an indictment of his lack of a moral compass.  It's too bad people can separate those two.  
    immoral ovie vs. the immoral city's team? who ya got?
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    so do you only see movies, listen to music, etc. of people's who political views align with yours?  I still watch Good Will Hunting when it's on. I still watch Seinfeld even though Michael Richards acted like a jackass. Should i turn off everything that was made by people I don't agree with?
    there's a difference between supporting Putin, Assad, etc. and whether you are pro choice, pro obamacare, etc.  Supporting Putin is not a political calculus.  It's not the same as being a Dem or Republican.  Regarding Michael Richards, yes he's a jack ass, but you are also not starting a social media group to laud him.  That would be silly and you would think him undeserving of it.  That's the difference.  Ovechkin specifically started a pro Putin group to extol him.  You can't just chalk this up to political differences.  
    Yes i can
    Got it.. Putin likes to invade sovereign territory and supply weapons to Ukrainian rebels that shot down a Dutch passenger liner killing a few hundred people.  By and large, I'm against that type of activity, so we really just differ politically.  Makes perfect fucking sense.  
    then I guess you don't cheer for anyone who has ever supported any American President since we don't exactly have clean hands around the world either.  I can't believe you pay for a PJ fan club membership when the boys supported Obama (insert sarcasm emoji here).
    America has made lots of mistakes in the world.  And I don't support them and I don't support interventionism by and large.  The only issue I can remember supporting in my life time is in Kosovo.  My conscious is clean.  To compare Obama to Putin is absolutely ridiculous.  You must have not follow what Putin has been doing for the past 15 years.  
    so we've established there is a line for you on your so called outrage.  it's just different than others. so maybe stop trying to lay guilt at some for cheering for Ovechkin because your line is different?  I don't love that he supports Putin but I can separate the player from his views.  it's not very difficult either.
    I'm not laying guilt.  And my outrage is real, it isn't "so called".  Ovechkin's support is an indictment of his lack of a moral compass.  It's too bad people can separate those two.  
    immoral ovie vs. the immoral city's team? who ya got?
    That is a great question.. but I don't hold the players for Vegas accountable just because they play for both Sodom AND Gomorrah... I'll go Vegas here.  
    Must be nice not to have a moral compass.  Maybe Putin will murder a reporter on his behalf, or jail a rock band that speaks out against him.  
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Wonder how Tom Wilson will act with Ryan Reaves looking back at him from the other side?  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Wonder how Tom Wilson will act with Ryan Reaves looking back at him from the other side?  
    Why does Ovechkin play with Wilson anyway?  Does he need protection?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    Must be nice not to have a moral compass.  Maybe Putin will murder a reporter on his behalf, or jail a rock band that speaks out against him.  
    are you this outraged by players who are/were vocal proponents of GWB? Because his admin murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    are you this outraged by players who are/were vocal proponents of GWB? Because his admin murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people. 
    I don't know who those people are, but I would generally be sickened by them.  But I was sickened by the entire country after 2001 when a disease called jingoism afflicted half of the country.  I was banned from several boards back in that time.  I was young, but remember playing Call of Duty online (on a computer) and this was when people ran their own maps.  I was banned from several of those for handles such as "Bush is a War Pig" and "Darth Rumsfeld".  

So yeah.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't know who those people are, but I would generally be sickened by them.  But I was sickened by the entire country after 2001 when a disease called jingoism afflicted half of the country.  I was banned from several boards back in that time.  I was young, but remember playing Call of Duty online (on a computer) and this was when people ran their own maps.  I was banned from several of those for handles such as "Bush is a War Pig" and "Darth Rumsfeld".  

So yeah.  
    well at least you're consistent. 

maybe I'm not as outraged by it since I don't really give a shit that much about hockey. I have a hard time separating politics and music, however. I have a hard time listening to Smashing Pumpkins ever since Billy came out as a fuckwad. I can totally get how a republican would have a hard time listening to PJ. 

it's a good thing for me, most of the time the artists I don't like and the politics I don't like line up, so it doesn't affect my choices. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Fuck Ovi!  I will never be happy for him.  I honestly can't root for either of these teams in the Final.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I'm not sure who to root for.  I guess it will be the Western rep, since I am a fan of the West. 
    I do not like Las Vegas as a city.  I do not like most of the people I know from there.  I do not like some of the guys on their team....
    But I do not like many guys on Washington, either.
    (I do like Oshie) 
    Hope it goes 7, either way.
    Fun to see new blood, although it just doesn't sit right to see a first year team make it there.  More power to them, I guess.

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I'm not sure who to root for.  I guess it will be the Western rep, since I am a fan of the West. 
    I do not like Las Vegas as a city.  I do not like most of the people I know from there.  I do not like some of the guys on their team....
    (I do like Oshie) 
    Fun to see new blood, although it just doesn't sit right to see a first year team make it there.  More power to them, I guess.

Totally agree!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    (I do like Oshie) 

I like Oshie too... but it's probably because I still see him as a Blue.  Holtby was amazing in the last 2 1/2 games.. no other word for it. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    (I do like Oshie) 

Blasphemy!

I've bet the Caps for every series so far and it has treated me well so I think I'm going to keep riding them.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So yeah.  
    well at least you're consistent. 

maybe I'm not as outraged by it since I don't really give a shit that much about hockey. I have a hard time separating politics and music, however. I have a hard time listening to Smashing Pumpkins ever since Billy came out as a fuckwad. I can totally get how a republican would have a hard time listening to PJ. 

it's a good thing for me, most of the time the artists I don't like and the politics I don't like line up, so it doesn't affect my choices. 
    Athletes generally don't wear it on their sleeve like musicians do.  So while we may disagree with many of athletes, I think they probably want to avoid that fray.  And I'm kind of in the same boat with Billy, although I still listen to Gish because that's just too good to ignore.  But he's just a jealous jackass, so I don't hold the same level of disdain.  
    I never would have liked "today's Country", but the fact that it got so behind Bush and the war has made me despise it forever.  
    (I do like Oshie) 

Blasphemy!

I've bet the Caps for every series so far and it has treated me well so I think I'm going to keep riding them.

20 years spent living a 3-4 hour drive from that place ruined me forever on it.  For probably the first 10 years I thought it was the greatest place going and went far too frequently. 
    Have been there 4-5 times since I moved away in 2012 and every time I say I am never going back. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    (I do like Oshie) 

Blasphemy!

20 years spent living a 3-4 hour drive from that place ruined me forever on it.  For probably the first 10 years I thought it was the greatest place going and went far too frequently. 
    Have been there 4-5 times since I moved away in 2012 and every time I say I am never going back. 

Ahhh yeah, that will probably do it.  I kinda overdid it in my 20s...prob went like 10 times.  Went back there last year for the first time in 4-5 years and loved it.  Going back in October for my brother's bachelor party.  

Back on topic...can an expansion team really win the Cup?!?!?
    (I do like Oshie) 

Blasphemy!

Ahhh yeah, that will probably do it.  I kinda overdid it in my 20s...prob went like 10 times.  Went back there last year for the first time in 4-5 years and loved it.  Going back in October for my brother's bachelor party.  

Back on topic...can an expansion team really win the Cup?!?!?
    I would never have thought so...but, yes, I think they clearly can.  Only lost 3 games on the way to the finals.

(Kings, I believe, hold the recent note for losing 2 on the way to FInals, although the Devils took 2 in the finals to leave them at 4.  Would be amazing to see someone do what the Oil did and only lose 2 and win 16)

Vegas 4, WDC 3. 

7 games, with all games being decided by 2 goals or less.

if Vegas can continue to play the way they've played most of the playoffs, they'll be skating circles around WSH. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

(I do like Oshie) 

@Wobbie
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I'm rooting for the Caps and Ovechkin.  The Knights is a nice story but I'd rather see the Big O get a cup win.