The National Football League

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Kneeling might lead to a 15 yard penalty under new rules
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That’s asinine. The NFL continues to show why it’s the absolute worst. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    And they want to leave it up to the home team about whether or not the teams can come out for the anthem.

Fucking bullshit. This was hardly an issue anymore until our fucking president injected himself into the story.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    And they want to leave it up to the home team about whether or not the teams can come out for the anthem.

Fucking bullshit. This was hardly an issue anymore until our fucking president injected himself into the story.
    Fucking bullshit, I agree.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Just have them stay in the locker rooms during the anthem. problem solved. easy solution.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited May 2018
    lolobugg said:
    Just have them stay in the locker rooms during the anthem. problem solved. easy solution.
    exactly. its what was done prior to 09 for primetime games. The day games they were on the field but the anthem wasnt deemed important enough to show it on broadcast.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    How about at every game, both teams kneel, resulting in offsetting 15 yard penalties to start the game until the stupid rule is eliminated.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited May 2018
    shit was leaked so they can guage how its received
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This is possibly the stupidest rule I have ever heard of. And yeah, I agree with Mickey, leaked on purpose to gauge general response by fans. They don't give a shit what the players think of it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Poncier said:
    How about at every game, both teams kneel, resulting in offsetting 15 yard penalties to start the game until the stupid rule is eliminated.

love this idea
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This league is so stupid
    The rule went through. Players can choose to stay in the locker room during the anthem.
    I miss igotid88
    edited May 2018
    Ridiculous. Fucking ridiculous. This isn't Communist China.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    NFLPA, your turn.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Do you know how many people there are that don't remove their hats, talk constantly, buy beer, nachos, etc. while the anthem is playing?  Everybody offended by kneeling is a hypocrite.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    dumb move by the NFL.  You've just put the issue on the front pages again.  it would have played itself out if you had let it be.  Plus you've legitimized Trump's and his followers complaints about it.  
    JK_Livin said:
    Do you know how many people there are that don't remove their hats, talk constantly, buy beer, nachos, etc. while the anthem is playing?  Everybody offended by kneeling is a hypocrite.
    Wonder if the owners will not sell beer during the national anthem to ensure as many people as possible are paying attention and respect?
    So teams will be fined if a player kneels during a song....but not if a player beats the hell out of their wife.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So teams will be fined if a player kneels during a song....but not if a player beats the hell out of their wife.
    'MERICA
    pjhawks said:
    dumb move by the NFL.  You've just put the issue on the front pages again.  it would have played itself out if you had let it be.  Plus you've legitimized Trump's and his followers complaints about it.  
    This will be added as an "accomplishment" to MAGA and people will love it. Yuck.

Not that it will happen, but it would be great to see some support by teams to all just remain in the locker room.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I don't actively watch the NFL, but I turn on games just to catch the odd play here and there while I'm generally busy with getting things ready for the week for me and the kids. 

That changes now. The TV stays off. Fuck the NFL.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Listening to the radio and a caller equated kneeling to terrorism. This is the stuff that worries me. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Listening to the radio and a caller equated kneeling to terrorism. This is the stuff that worries me. 
    We live in an incredibly stupid country that seems to value ignorance more and more every day.

#Idiotic
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Man, i's so sick of hearing this BS. 

I usually listen to Sports talk radio, but i had to turn it to NBA Sports talk radio, so i can actually hear sports talk.
    JK_Livin said:
    Wonder if the owners will not sell beer during the national anthem to ensure as many people as possible are paying attention and respect?
    Well slap me silly, one owner is doing just that

JK_Livin said:
    Well slap me silly, one owner is doing just that

i think he was the one owner who didn't vote on the rule
    I miss igotid88
    Announcer: We will now sing the National Anthem. We demand the fans shut the fuck up and stand.  Get out of the bathroom and the beer line and sing with hand over heart.  If not get the fuck out.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    It's the opposite of Orwell's 'Two Minute Hate'. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    NFL Gamepass has now been cancelled.