2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mrussel1 said:
    Ovechkin Ovechkin! Ovechkin!...he was a beast last night.  What a fantastic hockey player and a really great captain.  Really set the tone in the game.
    It would be great for him and Hockey if he goes to the Stanley Cup.  He finally beat the monkey of Pittsburgh so let's hope he wins tonight.
    I agree ... absolutely one of the greatest player ever.  Only Crosby was better in the Ovechkin/Crosby era ... in my book.
    He's a sympathizer with a murderous regime.  He's a piece of shit that we should deport on principle alone.  
    Holy shit man...we get it.  You don't like him.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Ovechkin Ovechkin! Ovechkin!...he was a beast last night.  What a fantastic hockey player and a really great captain.  Really set the tone in the game.
    It would be great for him and Hockey if he goes to the Stanley Cup.  He finally beat the monkey of Pittsburgh so let's hope he wins tonight.
    I agree ... absolutely one of the greatest player ever.  Only Crosby was better in the Ovechkin/Crosby era ... in my book.
    Malkin is no slouch.  He gets overshadowed by Crosby.
    You have an excellent point ... he does get overshadowed ... that's a great 1-2 foe entering the top 2 lines...
    Give Peas A Chance…

mrussel1 said:
    He's a sympathizer with a murderous regime.  He's a piece of shit that we should deport on principle alone.  
    Ovechkin! Ovechkin! Ovechkin!
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    Holy shit man...we get it.  You don't like him.  
    I was thinking about making it in BOLD and 40 font to reinforce the point.  
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Lets Go Ovy!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:
    Lets Go Ovy!
    Have I mentioned what an asshole he is?
    mrussel1 said:
    Nami said:
    Lets Go Ovy!
    Have I mentioned what an asshole he is?

yes your points have been noted.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So the Caps are Ovi, but the Bolts are a team! 

Let's go Lightning!!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2018
    dankind said:

Let's go Lightning!!!!!
    Amerika vs Soviet Union. it's 1985 all over again! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:

Let's go Lightning!!!!!
    I think that both teams have the same number of Russian nationals on their rosters; also, I think that the Caps have more U.S. nationals.

Go Bolts!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    go Vegas!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

In all seriousness, it's distressing that people here can somehow disconnect his personal conduct and views from his play on the ice.  Are you willing to go see Harvey Weinstein movies now?  Probably not.  Do people excuse Trump for his support of Roy Moore?  Of course not.  Why do we excuse and support Ovechkin for his very public support of Putin.  Makes no sense to me.  
    dankind said:

Let's go Lightning!!!!!

mrussel1 said:
    In all seriousness, it's distressing that people here can somehow disconnect his personal conduct and views from his play on the ice.  Are you willing to go see Harvey Weinstein movies now?  Probably not.  Do people excuse Trump for his support of Roy Moore?  Of course not.  Why do we excuse and support Ovechkin for his very public support of Putin.  Makes no sense to me.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf8-vKTJmwU
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    so do you only see movies, listen to music, etc. of people's who political views align with yours?  I still watch Good Will Hunting when it's on. I still watch Seinfeld even though Michael Richards acted like a jackass. Should i turn off everything that was made by people I don't agree with?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    so do you only see movies, listen to music, etc. of people's who political views align with yours?  I still watch Good Will Hunting when it's on. I still watch Seinfeld even though Michael Richards acted like a jackass. Should i turn off everything that was made by people I don't agree with?
    Apparently you should!  Wouldn't be much left to enjoy in this world.
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    there's a difference between supporting Putin, Assad, etc. and whether you are pro choice, pro obamacare, etc.  Supporting Putin is not a political calculus.  It's not the same as being a Dem or Republican.  Regarding Michael Richards, yes he's a jack ass, but you are also not starting a social media group to laud him.  That would be silly and you would think him undeserving of it.  That's the difference.  Ovechkin specifically started a pro Putin group to extol him.  You can't just chalk this up to political differences.  
    Nami said:
    Lets Go Caps!
    Fixed
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Lets Go Caps!
    Fixed

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Lets Go Caps!
    Fixed
    Fuck the Caps.. Go Bolts.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    there's a difference between supporting Putin, Assad, etc. and whether you are pro choice, pro obamacare, etc.  Supporting Putin is not a political calculus.  It's not the same as being a Dem or Republican.  Regarding Michael Richards, yes he's a jack ass, but you are also not starting a social media group to laud him.  That would be silly and you would think him undeserving of it.  That's the difference.  Ovechkin specifically started a pro Putin group to extol him.  You can't just chalk this up to political differences.  
    Yes i can
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Go Bolts!

And thankfully this game is in Tampa so we don't have to hear that damn horn in Washington.  Pittsburgh does the same thing and it drives me crazy.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    Go Bolts!

And thankfully this game is in Tampa so we don't have to hear that damn horn in Washington.  Pittsburgh does the same thing and it drives me crazy.
    agree those horns are annoying.  I also hate fans banging on the glass every time the play comes near them. it's not affecting the players when you do that, just stop already.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    pjhawks said:
    KC138045 said:
    Go Bolts!

agree those horns are annoying.  I also hate fans banging on the glass every time the play comes near them. it's not affecting the players when you do that, just stop already.
    these are the same people that wear the sweater of a team that's not even playing
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes i can
    Got it.. Putin likes to invade sovereign territory and supply weapons to Ukrainian rebels that shot down a Dutch passenger liner killing a few hundred people.  By and large, I'm against that type of activity, so we really just differ politically.  Makes perfect fucking sense.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes i can
    Got it.. Putin likes to invade sovereign territory and supply weapons to Ukrainian rebels that shot down a Dutch passenger liner killing a few hundred people.  By and large, I'm against that type of activity, so we really just differ politically.  Makes perfect fucking sense.  
    then I guess you don't cheer for anyone who has ever supported any American President since we don't exactly have clean hands around the world either.  I can't believe you pay for a PJ fan club membership when the boys supported Obama (insert sarcasm emoji here).
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes i can
    then I guess you don't cheer for anyone who has ever supported any American President since we don't exactly have clean hands around the world either.  I can't believe you pay for a PJ fan club membership when the boys supported Obama (insert sarcasm emoji here).
    America has made lots of mistakes in the world.  And I don't support them and I don't support interventionism by and large.  The only issue I can remember supporting in my life time is in Kosovo.  My conscious is clean.  To compare Obama to Putin is absolutely ridiculous.  You must have not follow what Putin has been doing for the past 15 years.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes i can
    America has made lots of mistakes in the world.  And I don't support them and I don't support interventionism by and large.  The only issue I can remember supporting in my life time is in Kosovo.  My conscious is clean.  To compare Obama to Putin is absolutely ridiculous.  You must have not follow what Putin has been doing for the past 15 years.  
    so we've established there is a line for you on your so called outrage.  it's just different than others. so maybe stop trying to lay guilt at some for cheering for Ovechkin because your line is different?  I don't love that he supports Putin but I can separate the player from his views.  it's not very difficult either.
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes i can
    so we've established there is a line for you on your so called outrage.  it's just different than others. so maybe stop trying to lay guilt at some for cheering for Ovechkin because your line is different?  I don't love that he supports Putin but I can separate the player from his views.  it's not very difficult either.
    I'm not laying guilt.  And my outrage is real, it isn't "so called".  Ovechkin's support is an indictment of his lack of a moral compass.  It's too bad people can separate those two.  
    Could always start has thread in AMT and discuss Ovechkin's political views..Ovechkin! Ovechkin! Ovechkin!
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Could always start has thread in AMT and discuss Ovechkin's political views..Ovechkin! Ovechkin! Ovechkin!
    Meh.. I like discussing that complete piece of shit who supports a murderous regime right here.  It's a hockey thread, he's a hockey player.  And he's an asshole.  But hey, for the families of the 283 people shot down over the Ukraine with weapons supplied by Putin, I'm sure it's just politics.  
    Oh yeah, and he cherry picks.  Selfish player on the ice, selfish person off the ice.  It all makes sense.