Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited April 2018
    RS151862 said:
    Hurricane is a Kyuss song, the band Josh was in before Queens. 
    Great, thanks. Think I need to delve into Kyuss. Any suggestions on where to start? 
    Yes you do need to hear Kyuss. Blues for the Red Sun is a classic album 
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    ;)
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Anybody going to the Miami show tonight?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Bet it will be... Kick-ass.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Bet it will be... Kick-ass.

Kick-face maybe but surely not ass...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited May 2018
    Super-bummer of a show tonight up in Madison, WI.

Outdoor show, great weather, amazing opening set by Royal Blood, a stellar long setlist on paper. Then Josh went off the rails, they cut 7 songs and 40 minutes off the show and walked off after 80 minutes. 

Heartbreaker. Drove 6 hours after a shitty day for that. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited May 2018

Outdoor show, great weather, amazing opening set by Royal Blood, a stellar long setlist on paper. Then Josh went off the rails, they cut 7 songs and 40 minutes off the show and walked off after 80 minutes. 

That's interesting, seemed weird for them to end like they did.  
    Post edited by kramer73 on
    kramer73 said:

That's interesting, seemed weird for them to end like they did.  
    Planned setlist: 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    yeah, just saw that.  Thanks!

What a bunch of fucking tools.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

any indication as to why?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    What the hell happened?  Seeing them in Rochester Friday, will probably be done with these guys if they pull something like this on Friday without any legit reason
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    edited May 2018
    Someone on Reddit said that they saw Josh being carried to the tour bus after the show. And apparently he told the Edmonton crowd a few nights earlier that he was playing against Dr's orders.  He's been hurt for awhile, it seems (shit, he was limping like crazy in Portland, ME back in October).  Which isn't really an excuse.  Sure, you'd upset people having to reschedule dates, but at least give them a full show.  Sucks, man

Edit to add......some people asked the guy who saw him carried whether it was injury related, or was Josh just fucked up.  He never answered.  Some others said the band sounded fine (although you could clearly tell he was favoring his leg) and didn't think it was alcohol/drug related.  
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
    the saturday show in winnipeg was amazing and there seemed nothing off about him whatsoever. and he was at the Jets game on sunday and looked fine. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Someone on Reddit said that they saw Josh being carried to the tour bus after the show. And apparently he told the Edmonton crowd a few nights earlier that he was playing against Dr's orders.  He's been hurt for awhile, it seems (shit, he was limping like crazy in Portland, ME back in October).  Which isn't really an excuse.  Sure, you'd upset people having to reschedule dates, but at least give them a full show.  Sucks, man

Edit to add......some people asked the guy who saw him carried whether it was injury related, or was Josh just fucked up.  He never answered.  Some others said the band sounded fine (although you could clearly tell he was favoring his leg) and didn't think it was alcohol/drug related.  
    He seemed a little messed up during the show, and I think he may have mentioned he was already drunk.  If he's on meds and drinking, that kinda makes sense.  Not that it's ok or anything.
    After 3 or 4 songs, he said "I'm so shit-faced already" but they were ON that whole time.

Right when Domesticated Animals started, his mood seemed to sour and he just started substituting "fuck" for lyrics.  A few songs later I looked over at my brother and he made the downhill/crash & burn motion, though I just thought it was usual QOTSA sloppy drunken good time playing.

Man, I hope he's OK, but it was a real downer.  At least I get a structured, stable (hopefully) U2 show tonight.

After 3 or 4 songs, he said "I'm so shit-faced already" but they were ON that whole time.

Right when Domesticated Animals started, his mood seemed to sour and he just started substituting "fuck" for lyrics.  A few songs later I looked over at my brother and he made the downhill/crash & burn motion, though I just thought it was usual QOTSA sloppy drunken good time playing.

Man, I hope he's OK, but it was a real downer.  At least I get a structured, stable (hopefully) U2 show tonight.

that's just fucking irresponsible as a performer., that's shitty. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Josh has been on a shitty run this year. I think he hurt his back earlier in the year, so I wonder if this is related to his already apparent alcohol problem coupled in with scripts now too. They need to get off the road and he needs to get his shit together. I love their music, but definitely would not want to be someone holding tickets right now based on how unpredictable they have been.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Josh has been on a shitty run this year. I think he hurt his back earlier in the year, so I wonder if this is related to his already apparent alcohol problem coupled in with scripts now too. They need to get off the road and he needs to get his shit together. I love their music, but definitely would not want to be someone holding tickets right now based on how unpredictable they have been.
    Saw them in Portland in January and he limped off after the main set, but came back for the encore and finished no problem.  I think you're right, if he's been mixing painkillers and alcohol (and whatever else) for years now, he is doing serious damage to himself.

As to your last sentence, I have tickets to see them in Barcelona this summer.  Not a good position.

edited May 2018
    This was the other really weird moment, the whole "You think I don't try? you think I don't take this seriously?" thing.  I've seen them 7-8 times on this tour and his stories/comments have been the same every time, but this was weird (not my video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFwngFs5Z4

Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I have no idea why anybody goes to the shows and supports this d-bag 
    my2hands said:
    awesome music. To be honest, besides that photographer incident, I hadn't heard about any of this other stuff before. I have seen them 5 or so times since 2005 and every time has been amazing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my2hands said:
    Most of the artists I love have had negative incidents/headlines reported about them.  Look at EV's reputation in the 90's.  I don't think it makes them bad people.  Hell, I still pay to see Noel & Liam Gallagher.  Trent Reznor, Josh, Maynard, Thom Yorke, every one of them has a reputation.  The reason why certain bands are great live is because they are really on the edge when they are on stage (EV in 93/94).

Unfortunately, when they start cutting/canceling shows, I think they've gotten too far away from fans and need to get off the road for a bit.  It's a day at the office for them, it's a countdown event for us.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    my2hands said:
    He’s possibly my favorite songwriter of the last 20 years... that’s why I still go see them, but I won’t go out of my way for them. & yeah, I think the guy’s an asshole. 

I’m seeing them again on Saturday at Boston Calling, I’m real curious to see how that goes. Luckily there are 4 other bands I want to see, so if he’s a disappointment, the whole day isn’t a waste.

he was pretty messed up last October when they came through Boston. I’m glad he stayed relatively sober for the next night in Portland. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    my2hands said:
    awesome music. To be honest, besides that photographer incident, I hadn't heard about any of this other stuff before. I have seen them 5 or so times since 2005 and every time has been amazing. 
    Yup. I LOVE the music this band makes, and I will continue to love it no matter what dumb shit Josh pulls.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    After last night, I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    I really enjoyed their Shaky Knees set a few weeks ago. Sounded really tight the entire time and they rocked hard
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018
    kramer73 said:
    After last night, I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again.
    Lots of bands have a bad show now and then. I wouldn't rule them out just because of that. Hell, I once saw Soundgarden stink up the stage horribly... I sure wasn't going to let that stop me from trying again (but Chris Cornell dying did, unfortunately).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290

I was at this show also, very disappointed with how it ended.  Hopefully Josh will take some time and clean himself up, no one knew why the show ended abruptly within reason.  I read somewhere that before No One Knows, there wasn't a lot of applause from the VIP GA section from Josh's story.
    my2hands said:
    Most of the artists I love have had negative incidents/headlines reported about them.  Look at EV's reputation in the 90's.  I don't think it makes them bad people.  Hell, I still pay to see Noel & Liam Gallagher.  Trent Reznor, Josh, Maynard, Thom Yorke, every one of them has a reputation.  The reason why certain bands are great live is because they are really on the edge when they are on stage (EV in 93/94).

Unfortunately, when they start cutting/canceling shows, I think they've gotten too far away from fans and need to get off the road for a bit.  It's a day at the office for them, it's a countdown event for us.
    Hopefully Josh will use this as a means to get himself cleaned up.  I'd have no problems if he did that and the performances got stronger.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

edited May 2018

I was at this show also, very disappointed with how it ended.  Hopefully Josh will take some time and clean himself up, no one knew why the show ended abruptly within reason.  I read somewhere that before No One Knows, there wasn't a lot of applause from the VIP GA section from Josh's story.
    my2hands said:

Hopefully Josh will use this as a means to get himself cleaned up.  I'd have no problems if he did that and the performances got stronger.
    there will be too much pressure on him from all sides to finish the tour. and they are touring non-stop pretty much through September. one month off between Spain and Japan. Brutal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290

my2hands said:

there will be too much pressure on him from all sides to finish the tour. and they are touring non-stop pretty much through September. one month off between Spain and Japan. Brutal. 
    True, but hopefully this won't lead Josh into a spiral that he can't get out of and clean himself up.  Hopefully the fans would understand that Josh needs to get himself together before he can play another live show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)