The Golf Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    This story is pretty wild....apparently Glover's wife doesn't like it when he misses a cut!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23523392/lucas-glover-wife-blames-attack-mother-law-911-call
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This story is pretty wild....apparently Glover's wife doesn't like it when he misses a cut!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23523392/lucas-glover-wife-blames-attack-mother-law-911-call
    Amazing. Couple things. The second I saw this before all the details came out, I was like "oh yeah, she goes ape shit at him when he doesn't make money"

Then she made me think of a crazy Ricky Bobby's wife

Finally, I'd be angry too if I didn't eat anything in 6 years.  
    Had a round schedule for tomorrow with a bunch of work guys. Weather blows so moving it indoors to a simulator. Pretty pumped. Breakfast beers and pebble beach. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    stimulator? :tired_face:

oh....simulator.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Nice.  Never used a golf simulator before. 

Heading to Hilton Head tomorrow for a three day weekend.  Sure enough, every day is calling for rain.  Hopefully no lightning.  Could make for some quick rounds if the courses are empty and I'm the only crazy person out there. 

Heading to Hilton Head tomorrow for a three day weekend.  Sure enough, every day is calling for rain.  Hopefully no lightning.  Could make for some quick rounds if the courses are empty and I'm the only crazy person out there. 

Had an indoor spot with a simulator near my house growing up. Also had nets and a putting green. Key in upstate New York winters. Me and my old man would it hit up during March madness. Was cool. Golf and basketball and a lot of guys just hanging out. Was nothing compared to what they have these days though. I’d shoot like a 75 at the old course. Hits the screen 10 feet in front of you going straight and you’re smooth sailing. Still fun. Now it’s basically a trackman so it gets spin and all to figure out where the ball’s going.

That’s sweet. Any harbour town action? Did a couple rounds in Kiawah back in high school but gotta get to Hilton Head still 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    paris hilton....head? :triumph:

jezzus....drunk posting again.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Had an indoor spot with a simulator near my house growing up. Also had nets and a putting green. Key in upstate New York winters. Me and my old man would it hit up during March madness. Was cool. Golf and basketball and a lot of guys just hanging out. Was nothing compared to what they have these days though. I’d shoot like a 75 at the old course. Hits the screen 10 feet in front of you going straight and you’re smooth sailing. Still fun. Now it’s basically a trackman so it gets spin and all to figure out where the ball’s going.

That’s sweet. Any harbour town action? Did a couple rounds in Kiawah back in high school but gotta get to Hilton Head still 

Played Conklin this week. Played like shit but had a great time. Beautiful course. They have a package for only $175 a man for 2 rounds plus a room at the Double Tree in Binghamton. Not bad.

Also--Galaxy is a decent spot. Good beer and food was, surprisingly, pretty fucking good too.

chinese-happy.jpg

Played Conklin this week. Played like shit but had a great time. Beautiful course. They have a package for only $175 a man for 2 rounds plus a room at the Double Tree in Binghamton. Not bad.

Also--Galaxy is a decent spot. Good beer and food was, surprisingly, pretty fucking good too.

Ha, that double tree is like 3 blocks from my high school.  Only been to galaxy once. Wasn’t there when I was there. Lost dog right there is the shit though.  I lived on the south side across the Susquehanna 

Glad and you enjoyed it. Real good course. Shoulda got some spiedies. JP can attest to their goodness

Ha, that double tree is like 3 blocks from my high school.  Only been to galaxy once. Wasn’t there when I was there. Lost dog right there is the shit though.  I lived on the south side across the Susquehanna 

Glad and you enjoyed it. Real good course. Shoulda got some spiedies. JP can attest to their goodness
    Yeah it was a good time. 18 looks like a ski slope when you first get there. Slope is insane. Pretty majestic scene up there on the tee box. 

Galaxy's nachos are the shit. Gorgonzola, corn beef, braised short ribs, jalapeño's, pickled onions....and some other stuff I'm forgetting. So good. Never had nachos with gorgonzola before. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Seeing that Winged Foot has removed a lot of trees over the past few years.  Why is every course moving away from parkland?  When is the last time a US Open course had tress?  Congressional?  I am not sure I like this trend one bit.
    Seeing that Winged Foot has removed a lot of trees over the past few years.  Why is every course moving away from parkland?  When is the last time a US Open course had tress?  Congressional?  I am not sure I like this trend one bit.
    Agree.  Every holes starts to look the same.  Fine for the British Open but I like being able to tell that it is a dog leg left or right and seeing the decisions about cutting the corner or whatever.  It is all about the bombers right now and the PGA tour players that probably whine about courses where they can't bomb away. 
    TALLY HO GENTS!

Playing a private course near me on this picture perfect Thursday in the Delaware Valley. The greens are like putting a on a sheet of glass at this place. Really tough. Wish me luck, as I will need all I can get!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good luck!  Courses like that make you understand what the pros mean by missing in the right spots.   Fast greens that are running away from me when chipping are just about instant bogeys. 
    Justin rose is putting together quite a resume of courses he has won on

Justin Rose should have more majors.   He is playing so well right now.

The dreaded golfer tan.  I look ridiculous in sandals now. 
    Tiger playing like B..A...L...L...S

Even. Pretty impressive bounce back, even after a bad 3 putt bogey on the back.
    Anyone else getting Tiger fatigue??  I know he moves the needle for ratings and everything, but it's getting pretty ridiculous....and this coming from someone who grew up worshipping Tiger.  So many other golfers playing a whole hell of a lot better than him to focus on.

edited May 2018
    Anyone else getting Tiger fatigue??  I know he moves the needle for ratings and everything, but it's getting pretty ridiculous....and this coming from someone who grew up worshipping Tiger.  So many other golfers playing a whole hell of a lot better than him to focus on.

In 8 starts this season he has 2 top 5s and 4 top 15s.  Not too players on tour can make that claim.

He is also 100% on the Ryder Cup team too, barring injury or his game completely falling off.

In 8 starts this season he has 2 top 5s and 4 top 15s.  Not too players on tour can make that claim.

He is also 100% on the Ryder Cup team too, barring injury or his game completely falling off.

Oh come on...let's be realistic here.  He challenged and was close to winning 1 tournament so far this year.  That's a claim a whole bunch of guys can make.  And he finished 8 shots back with the other top 5 finish.  Everything has been encouraging for him so far this year, but it just gets annoying sometimes.

You really think 100% on the ryder cup team?  He definitely needs to win a tourney or 2 because he doesn't play nearly enough to qualify on points without a win.  And not sure if he would be worth a captains pick at this point.  Last I checked he was somewhere in the 30s for the rankings.
    edited May 2018

Oh come on...let's be realistic here.  He challenged and was close to winning 1 tournament so far this year.  That's a claim a whole bunch of guys can make.  And he finished 8 shots back with the other top 5 finish.  Everything has been encouraging for him so far this year, but it just gets annoying sometimes.

You really think 100% on the ryder cup team?  He definitely needs to win a tourney or 2 because he doesn't play nearly enough to qualify on points without a win.  And not sure if he would be worth a captains pick at this point.  Last I checked he was somewhere in the 30s for the rankings.
    I don't think he's that close to winning, though I thought he could this week.  That said, he has finished in the top 15 in half his starts after having his back fused and he is the best ever.  Cherry picking stats or not, it is pretty impressive.  He's gotta figure out a tee shot though.

100% without a doubt with our without a win, so long as he keeps similar numbers to what he's been doing.   You think they're gonna pick Webb Simpson or Harman over him?  Do not see many players here you take over him at this point. He's on.

http://www.rydercup.com/rankings
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Lucas Glover toward the top of the leaderboard. Must be trying to appease the wife lol. Finished with a bogey though so hopefully he travelled alone this week. 
    There is a lot of parity in golf right now.  Tiger makes it a little more interesting.  It just seems so buddy, buddy right now where you are just watching people just enjoy earning a bunch of money.  They are competitive for sure,  but there isn’t much drama or rivalry like you would expect with so much talent out there.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    bflynn1 said:
    Lucas Glover toward the top of the leaderboard. Must be trying to appease the wife lol. Finished with a bogey though so hopefully he travelled alone this week. 
    :lol:
    TIGER
    Dude is fucking balling. And he missed two six footers for bird
    3 six footers
    That was tigers best round of the year. Have seen the majority of them and got to see a real
    good portion of the day today, but that’s has good as he’s hit the ball...by far