Donald Trump

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Example:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    you can feel it , his behavior has started to be seen in a normal light by sympathizers Ryan was the 1st to say oh don't worry he's learning on the job talking about orange baffoon ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:
    "I've tried to understand this whole net neutrality thing, and it really is hard to understand. So, I based my opinion of it this way: what does Obama want regarding net neutrality, and do the opposite."

You can't make this shit up.

What is this?
    I don’t know if he’s quoting an actual person, but it’s the logic of a lot of trump supporters. Many don’t know boo-squat about the Iran nuke deal or Israel and now suddenly they give a rip. 
    It is the same on both sides. A lot of liberals don’t know absolute shit about anything. Look no furthet than the occupy Democrats And the other 98% pages on Facebook. 
    All both sides! rebuttals aside, it’s not about who’s informed, it’s about being guided by blind allegiance to trump. Not only are a lot not informed, they’re acting like they care about something just because trump has included it into his act. 
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:
    "I've tried to understand this whole net neutrality thing, and it really is hard to understand. So, I based my opinion of it this way: what does Obama want regarding net neutrality, and do the opposite."

What is this?
    I don’t know if he’s quoting an actual person, but it’s the logic of a lot of trump supporters. Many don’t know boo-squat about the Iran nuke deal or Israel and now suddenly they give a rip. 
    It is the same on both sides. A lot of liberals don’t know absolute shit about anything. Look no furthet than the occupy Democrats And the other 98% pages on Facebook. 
    All both sides! rebuttals aside, it’s not about who’s informed, it’s about being guided by blind allegiance to trump. Not only are a lot not informed, they’re acting like they care about something just because trump has included it into his act. 
    But it is the same exact thing for trump haters, they also just follow along blindly just to prove that trump is terrible. Look at my meme bud. 

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:

What is this?
    But it is the same exact thing for trump haters, they also just follow along blindly just to prove that trump is terrible. Look at my meme bud. 

That meme’s not a good equivalency example. You’d have to go back to Obama and how people didn’t care about an issue until he brought it up, and then started acting like experts in the field.  
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:

What is this?

That meme’s not a good equivalency example. You’d have to go back to Obama and how people didn’t care about an issue until he brought it up, and then started acting like experts in the field.  
    Do you do the same for trump supporters then?  Do you go back to Obama and show how people didn't care about an issue until he brought it up and then started acting like experts in that field?
    The point about the meme is that the majority of the people don't accept the fact that Obama did the same thing, only that Trump is a pos etc etc.  the comments are great.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Memes...

"My brain's a good brain!"
    Memes...

Love that dab!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I don't listen to Rush or Hannity lol.
    I like Larry Elder out of LA, Jay Weber, Dan O'Donnell, Vicki McKenna, Mark Belling, (Milwaukee) gave you a few names for starters. ;)   I forgot to mention to James T Harris out of Phoenix.  The national conversation good s***.
    Former Congressman Joe Walsh has a good Show too out of Chicago.
    the only name I recognize out of that list is Joe Walsh, and he's as big a piece of shit as Trump is. 
    Fair enough.  The people I listen to do not fawn over Trump 24/7.  I don't listen to Rush or Hannity because that's all they do.
    Give those other guys a shot, see what you think of them.  Pick one and listen to them for a week so you can have an honest assessment.  Joe Walsh I listen to the least mainly because he shouts into the microphone all day, stutters a lot, and says the same s*** over and over and over again.  Talks like at Chicagoan.  I said good, he's interesting for about 10 minutes once in a while.
    But seriously give James T Harris a try.
    http://jamestharris.com/mediacenter/radio
    besides this thread, I try to stay away from american politics as much as I can these days. it was causing me too much anger/stress/anxiety. 
    I understand.
    But this thread is not the best place to get fair, balanced, and accurate information about American politics.
    Nor are your conservative radio talkers....
    I listen to a lota of people from a lot of different angles.  The shows I listen to don't even talk politics all day long. 
    About 15 years ago I listened to nothing but music stations.  Finally after hearing Stairway to Heaven for the 999th time, great song but I'd had enough and had to go to a.m. to see what was there.
    Sometimes it's sports I like Dan Patrick's Show, sometimes it's about school referendums whatever.
    Everyone has to get the're news and talking points from somewhere.
    Read this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/05/16/the-gullible-trump-finally-finds-out-kim-jong-un-isnt-honorable/
    You know from the headline where the writer is coming from.  The media doesn't even try to hide their biases anymore.  Sure they hope the meeting falls through so that they can say Trump couldn't do it either.
    This is an opinion writer.   That's not evidence of media bias. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tiki said:

What is this?

Do you do the same for trump supporters then?  Do you go back to Obama and show how people didn't care about an issue until he brought it up and then started acting like experts in that field?
    I’m open to the fact my confirmation bias might be clouding my judgment, but  I couldn't think of situations where it happened to this degree.  
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    That's quite a bit of a stretch; conditions in the U.S. are no where similar to Nazi Germany or Rwanda.  Trump said something extremely dumb as usual but to say this a step toward genocide is pretty stupid.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's quite a bit of a stretch; conditions in the U.S. are no where similar to Nazi Germany or Rwanda.  Trump said something extremely dumb as usual but to say this a step toward genocide is pretty stupid.  
    Many would argue that failing to see that genocides occur in steps that begin with this vile dehumanising is what's stupid.

Also, pointing out that Trump is using Nazi rhetoric isn't the same as calling Trump a Nazi or suggesting that we will soon be committing genocide, which is not what this Catholic Priest was doing.

When you use language that overlaps with hate groups of all varieties, you should be called out on it, period!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited May 2018
    Just had a talk with my Dad and im feeling a little frustrated, probably due to a shitty day at work more so than anything. Anyway, he is 70 and a blue collar, union democrat his whole life. He informed me that they dont have anything on Trump and he wont get impeached. "They may have something on his friends, but they dont have nothing on Trump. We sure as hell dont want Pence in there, hes the real freak." Lol. 
    Unfourtanely, i tend to agree. He also, like many people in these threads, isnt confident about the midterms either and he totally sounded off on Pelosi and Schumer. "What the fuck is their plan?!"
    So then i come home and read that apparently Mueller informed Trumps legal team that they wont indict the president?
    So yeah, just one opinion. What the fuck does he know? He just sitting around all day sucking down oxegyn from his tanks anyway. Lol. Peace. 
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Many would argue that failing to see that genocides occur in steps that begin with this vile dehumanising is what's stupid.

Also, pointing out that Trump is using Nazi rhetoric isn't the same as calling Trump a Nazi or suggesting that we will soon be committing genocide, which is not what this Catholic Priest was doing.

When you use language that overlaps with hate groups of all varieties, you should be called out on it, period!
    Listen I know the steps and I don't see this as a step.  He said something stupid but I don't see this as an indicator of genocide.  

by the way, is trump talking about legal or illegal immigration?  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Listen I know the steps and I don't see this as a step.  He said something stupid but I don't see this as an indicator of genocide.  

Does that matter? Does it make people more “animal-like” if they are illegal immigrants?

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Does that matter? Does it make people more “animal-like” if they are illegal immigrants?

It would be messed up if he was talking about legal immigrants because that is what this country is about.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Humans.
    They are humans.

Fuck.  Is this what we've come to?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Some crazy reading about the Cambridge Antalylica testimony today. Probably nothing that would be surprising considering the constant and unbelievable headlines that have filled our news cycle everyday and what we have already learned about that organization, but wow. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It would be messed up if he was talking about legal immigrants because that is what this country is about.  
    Did you think about this before you posted? Read it and consider what you're saying. Class, status, race, religion, sex, legal or illegal; all people or all animals. By calling them animals it gives insight in to the mentality of him as a person, but we already knew this. Why do you feel the need to minimize and defend it?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Did you think about this before you posted? Read it and consider what you're saying. Class, status, race, religion, sex, legal or illegal; all people or all animals. By calling them animals it gives insight in to the mentality of him as a person, but we already knew this. Why do you feel the need to minimize and defend it?
    Relax. I asked if Trump was talking about legal or illegal immigrants. I said he said something stupid as usual. Read
    before posting please. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Relax. I asked if Trump was talking about legal or illegal immigrants. I said he said something stupid as usual. Read
    before posting please. 
     It would be messed up if he was talking about legal immigrants suggests that it is not messed up if he's talking about illegal immigrants. Was this not your intention in posting that?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

before posting please. 
     It would be messed up if he was talking about legal immigrants suggests that it is not messed up if he's talking about illegal immigrants. Was this not your intention in posting that?
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

before posting please. 
    No my point was that legal immigration made this country what it is. Both sets of my grandparents came here from Ireland’s and Lithuanian And made their lives better. It would be really really messed up if he was calling legal immigrants animals. Sorry I don’t include illegal as well, juggling around five kids makes the mind weak sometimes lol no one should be called an animal. 

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

before posting please. 
    Mcgruff, I think in isolation, to refer to people as animals is merely inappropriate and insulting. To dehumanize them in the context of justifying treating them like animals, however, treads into dangerous territory. I think that’s an important part of this that James Martin didn’t focus on. This is like when people talk about Israeli behaviour towards Palestinians: when someone calls it genocide, the reaction is to say “it’s not genocide”, and all of a sudden, people debate the degree of embellishment rather than the problem itself. That’s a crappy practice. Wrong is wrong. Whether this leads to a genocide, or whether it is abhorrent and seriously worthy of concern, at least the latter should be acknowledged.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    Don’t be fooled, this is not about illegal immigrants. It’s about Team Trump Treason losing, in the form of more illegal border crossings and obstruction of justice. His obstruction of justice.

Trump refers to some undocumented immigrants as ‘animals’ at roundtable - The Washington Post https://apple.news/AKGLYFlCeQOqqHryZbTu9Rw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Hi! said:
    Just had a talk with my Dad and im feeling a little frustrated, probably due to a shitty day at work more so than anything. Anyway, he is 70 and a blue collar, union democrat his whole life. He informed me that they dont have anything on Trump and he wont get impeached. "They may have something on his friends, but they dont have nothing on Trump. We sure as hell dont want Pence in there, hes the real freak." Lol. 
    Unfourtanely, i tend to agree. He also, like many people in these threads, isnt confident about the midterms either and he totally sounded off on Pelosi and Schumer. "What the fuck is their plan?!"
    So then i come home and read that apparently Mueller informed Trumps legal team that they wont indict the president?
    So yeah, just one opinion. What the fuck does he know? He just sitting around all day sucking down oxegyn from his tanks anyway. Lol. Peace. 
    Tell pops they said he won’t be indicted so that trump can’t plead the fifth when he’s interviewed. It’s savvy lawyering. Indictments aren’t needed to be impeached anyway, and they can be handed out later if needed. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    And must he always sit as if he’s sitting to shart a sack of Big Macs? Now tell me how handsome he is.

”Something moved, Jarrod, something moved. Jarrod Dear Boy, get me my paper. You know, the soft one.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Don’t be fooled, this is not about illegal immigrants. It’s about Team Trump Treason losing, in the form of more illegal border crossings and obstruction of justice. His obstruction of justice.

Trump refers to some undocumented immigrants as ‘animals’ at roundtable - The Washington Post https://apple.news/AKGLYFlCeQOqqHryZbTu9Rw
    I never knew that about The Oakland  Mayor. That’s pretty messed up what she did. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    rgambs said:
    Humans.
    They are humans.

Fuck.  Is this what we've come to?
    Take a good look around.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    "You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. They're animals."
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
This discussion has been closed.