A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    I'm just going to my emergency  mental health  appointment  to get me back into the system at a higher level. I can't  stop crying utter despair . Thank you for caring my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Glad to hear from you. I hope they help you rather than turn you away.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Get this whilst I was waiting  for my appointment  I looked a "safe" website . Anxiety uk.  They had the headline anxiety  and depression  linked to dementia.  I fell apart and cried my heart out in front of everyone there. I got into my appointment  a fuckin mess. This is meant to be a safe anxiety  page
     I messaged  them saying I've been suicidal  with fear and how irresponsible  of them.  It's crushed my soul. Nothing is safe. Here in uk some celebrity  in her 80s has dementia  it's all over the tv and papers. Today is the worst day I could imagine .  How I am alive I have no idea. My partner is a saint
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Get this whilst I was waiting  for my appointment  I looked a "safe" website . Anxiety uk.  They had the headline anxiety  and depression  linked to dementia.  I fell apart and cried my heart out in front of everyone there. I got into my appointment  a fuckin mess. This is meant to be a safe anxiety  page
     I messaged  them saying I've been suicidal  with fear and how irresponsible  of them.  It's crushed my soul. Nothing is safe. Here in uk some celebrity  in her 80s has dementia  it's all over the tv and papers. Today is the worst day I could imagine .  How I am alive I have no idea. My partner is a saint
    so in what way is the link? that people with dementia experience anxiety and depression? or something else, like reverse?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    so in what way is the link? that people with dementia experience anxiety and depression? or something else, like reverse?

a quick google search brought up this

"Pathological anxiety and chronic stress are associated with structural degeneration and impaired functioning of the hippocampus and the PFC, which may account for the increased risk of developing neuropsychiatric disorders, including depression and dementia." 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

So how are people with anxiety  helped by this..... how do you stop what you can't  control from ending in dementia . I have terrible symptoms  and this does nothing but cause pain . I'm done . With all of it. HfD I do not use Google so I'm not equipped  to cope with it at all in the slightest. As alice in chains said

I'm about as low as I can get..
    I'm pretty sure I'm.done
     They asked me if I have  a plan for suicide. I said no to protect my children  mainly my 9 month old. Because  if I had told the truth them maybe they would take her away. Not gonna happen
     I won't  tell them no way.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I'm beyond scared and rational. I'm beyond panic and lay in bed fear . I past all of these stages. I'm here because  I love pj and I love these people here. In use only my phone and that is becoming an evil that I just cannot sensor. I love all of you that care for each other like brothers and sisters . 
    But I need to stop all of this. I need to not keep doing this.  I aim to go to London  18/19. Krakow 3rd July. If I don't I don't if I do I've won a small victory.  I'm not able to use internet or read papers or watch tv anymore
    Sorry my friends  here. Remember this live . Live loud. Love. Love plenty. And truth. Always tell the truth  it's liberating.  See you on the flip side. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    So how are people with anxiety  helped by this..... how do you stop what you can't  control from ending in dementia . I have terrible symptoms  and this does nothing but cause pain . I'm done . With all of it. HfD I do not use Google so I'm not equipped  to cope with it at all in the slightest. As alice in chains said

I'm pretty sure I'm.done
     They asked me if I have  a plan for suicide. I said no to protect my children  mainly my 9 month old. Because  if I had told the truth them maybe they would take her away. Not gonna happen
    I was just answering Mickey's question. I thought since you had already read something similar that it wouldn't be bad to post it. If it was, my apologies. 

unfortunately, I don't think not being honest is helping. you need to get the help you need, and for that you need to be 100% truthful, otherwise they'll just write you off. I can't imagine they'd take a baby out of their home because of a parent being depressed. I mean, the baby still has its mother, right?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think the best thing would be to stay off Dr. Google.
    Associated does not mean caused by. It just says there is a relationship which may be caused by some other factor.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited May 2018

I'm pretty sure I'm.done
    dementia is a possibility for everyone, as a result of aging.

am curious if you played football growing up or into adulthood? did a lot of headers? Any concussions ever? other head injuries?

have your doctors ever done bloodwork associated with the symptons you've presented?  looking at vitamin B12 levels?  any brain imaging?

whats your diet like?

btw an expat brit frind of mine, former member here, is visiting his dad from monday next. he will mail that cd to you from the uk to simplify things for me. you should see by wnd of next week, I should hope.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

I'm pretty sure I'm.done
    I was just answering Mickey's question. I thought since you had already read something similar that it wouldn't be bad to post it. If it was, my apologies. 

unfortunately, I don't think not being honest is helping. you need to get the help you need, and for that you need to be 100% truthful, otherwise they'll just write you off. I can't imagine they'd take a baby out of their home because of a parent being depressed. I mean, the baby still has its mother, right?
    yeah, I was trying to see if he was able to get past the header.

learning how it came to be may be useful info, but if true as he believes it to be, learning how to accept it live with it and cope with it effects is more important imo.

as an interested observer here , I can more readily explore and research and remain personally unaffected by the findings and will do so if its welcome here.

fwiw last, you remain lucid and coherent in how you present here.

How are you lastexit?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'm beyond scared and rational. I'm beyond panic and lay in bed fear . I past all of these stages. I'm here because  I love pj and I love these people here. In use only my phone and that is becoming an evil that I just cannot sensor. I love all of you that care for each other like brothers and sisters . 
    But I need to stop all of this. I need to not keep doing this.  I aim to go to London  18/19. Krakow 3rd July. If I don't I don't if I do I've won a small victory.  I'm not able to use internet or read papers or watch tv anymore
    Sorry my friends  here. Remember this live . Live loud. Love. Love plenty. And truth. Always tell the truth  it's liberating.  See you on the flip side. 
    Please do not take this the wrong ... but have you or any of the health professionals you ever consider you might be a hypochondriac ... the reason I ask, is that if you are possibly a hypochondriac then maybe there are different options to help.  Once again...please do not take it the wrong way.

Hypochondriac: A person who has hypochondriasis, a disorder characterized by a preoccupation with body functions and the interpretation of normal body sensations (such as sweating) or minor abnormalities (such as minor aches and pains) as portending problems of major medical moment. Reassurance by physicians and others only serves to increase the hypochondriac's persistent anxiety about their health. 

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=18717

May be worth asking your health professionals...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I just read this thread... Keep on keeping on. Be honest with people who are trying to help, they won't take the baby but they might be able to help you. I hope I get to meet you in London or Krakow and give you a squeeze, life sounds very tough.
    Lastexit, how are you?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Lastexit, how are you?
    He said he was walking away from this thread and the internet in general. I don't know if you should expect a response... Which is of course unsettling, given some of the latest posts. If he is reading it... Hope you're doing okay, and an very quick update would be great if you can, so everyone knows you're hanging in there!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lastexit, how are you?
    He said he was walking away from this thread and the internet in general. I don't know if you should expect a response... Which is of course unsettling, given some of the latest posts. If he is reading it... Hope you're doing okay, and an very quick update would be great if you can, so everyone knows you're hanging in there!
    Sorry, I didn't see that he said that.
    when you tire, say the word. Then hand me your oar........

Does anyone know of a way to check on lastexitlondon, outside of this thread? I'm worried about his well being.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Does anyone know of a way to check on lastexitlondon, outside of this thread? I'm worried about his well being.
    you could try a pm.
    he sent me a message saturday to let me know he received the TOOL Lateralus cd I had sent to him. He said he was going for a 2 hr drive to listen.
    Had hoped to hear his thoughts on it. No such luck.

Glad to hear he's still around.
    Likewise, I've been thinking about his welfare lately. 
    Hello everyone sorry  for my absence  . The last thing I wanted  is for anybody to worry. I'm not doing well and I decided  to not post . I was getting  lost and I can't talk about symptoms  with anybody. I'm walking nearly all day most days . I reached  out for help and so far it's 3 weeks since I saw the mental health crisis  team. Nothing has materialized.  I'm sorry. I got freaked out . I still am.  Love each Other that's all we can do. Thanks again Mickey  for reaching beyond. I'm still absorbing the music as it's all new to me.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Hello everyone sorry  for my absence  . The last thing I wanted  is for anybody to worry. I'm not doing well and I decided  to not post . I was getting  lost and I can't talk about symptoms  with anybody. I'm walking nearly all day most days . I reached  out for help and so far it's 3 weeks since I saw the mental health crisis  team. Nothing has materialized.  I'm sorry. I got freaked out . I still am.  Love each Other that's all we can do. Thanks again Mickey  for reaching beyond. I'm still absorbing the music as it's all new to me.

good to hear an open mind to it.

keep on keeping on.....

Glad to know you're okay - I was just worried because of your last posts before you took a break. I understand needing the break completely. Hang in there - one hour at a time I guess, eh?
    Yes 1 hr at a time. I'm fucked but I'm doing everything  possible  to be active and busy. I guess my fate is my fate. You are all good people.  But some upset me so I decide to stay away
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Glad to hear from you.
    If you feel a need for a break from here then don't feel bad about it.
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Relieved to hear you're hanging on. Sorry you're having such a rough time. Best thoughts going out to you....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Today I realized, "Fvck!  In less than a week I have to leave for 7 days because of roofing work."  I love day trips but it's gotten to where staying away from home even one night is hard.  A week may prove to be nearly overwhelming.  I know I have to do it, probably nothing bad will happen, but I'm already majorly stressing over having to leave for that long.  I have poor auditory discrimination so when I'm gone at night, my brain engages and zooms in on every freakin' sound trying to identify it so as to know where I am is secure.  Strange places are a war zone of sounds.  Next week will be a huge challenge for me.  Gotta get through it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:
    Today I realized, "Fvck!  In less than a week I have to leave for 7 days because of roofing work."  I love day trips but it's gotten to where staying away from home even one night is hard.  A week may prove to be nearly overwhelming.  I know I have to do it, probably nothing bad will happen, but I'm already majorly stressing over having to leave for that long.  I have poor auditory discrimination so when I'm gone at night, my brain engages and zooms in on every freakin' sound trying to identify it so as to know where I am is secure.  Strange places are a war zone of sounds.  Next week will be a huge challenge for me.  Gotta get through it.
    Can you just wear headphones and listen to groovy tunes the whole time?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?