Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I don't listen to Rush or Hannity lol.
    I like Larry Elder out of LA, Jay Weber, Dan O'Donnell, Vicki McKenna, Mark Belling, (Milwaukee) gave you a few names for starters. ;)   I forgot to mention to James T Harris out of Phoenix.  The national conversation good s***.
    Former Congressman Joe Walsh has a good Show too out of Chicago.
    the only name I recognize out of that list is Joe Walsh, and he's as big a piece of shit as Trump is. 
    Fair enough.  The people I listen to do not fawn over Trump 24/7.  I don't listen to Rush or Hannity because that's all they do.
    Give those other guys a shot, see what you think of them.  Pick one and listen to them for a week so you can have an honest assessment.  Joe Walsh I listen to the least mainly because he shouts into the microphone all day, stutters a lot, and says the same s*** over and over and over again.  Talks like at Chicagoan.  I said good, he's interesting for about 10 minutes once in a while.
    But seriously give James T Harris a try.
    http://jamestharris.com/mediacenter/radio
    besides this thread, I try to stay away from american politics as much as I can these days. it was causing me too much anger/stress/anxiety. 
    I understand.
    But this thread is not the best place to get fair, balanced, and accurate information about American politics.
    Nor are your conservative radio talkers....
    I listen to a lota of people from a lot of different angles.  The shows I listen to don't even talk politics all day long. 
    About 15 years ago I listened to nothing but music stations.  Finally after hearing Stairway to Heaven for the 999th time, great song but I'd had enough and had to go to a.m. to see what was there.
    Sometimes it's sports I like Dan Patrick's Show, sometimes it's about school referendums whatever.
    Everyone has to get the're news and talking points from somewhere.
    Read this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/05/16/the-gullible-trump-finally-finds-out-kim-jong-un-isnt-honorable/
    You know from the headline where the writer is coming from.  The media doesn't even try to hide their biases anymore.  Sure they hope the meeting falls through so that they can say Trump couldn't do it either.
    I can't accept this at all. Say it all you want. Nobody has your views without being influenced by biased right wing media, especially not someone who claims to be a Christian.
    ok, I find this to be a strange thing to say. you can't be a trump supporter/applauder unless you've been brainwashed? you really don't think people can honestly like what he's doing without outside influence? I know many intelligent people who have not been brainwashed, are christian, and like trump. 

I'm struggling to find the reason why christians are consistently to be held to some higher standard than everyone else. christians are taught that all humans are flawed and are to be forgiven for their earthly sins. but as long as that human appears to be doing god's work (in their eyes), then why WOULDN'T they support him?
    I believe you can like what he's doing if you are a racist/xenophobe.

The man is not intelligent.  I like my POTUS to be intelligent.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I like Larry Elder out of LA, Jay Weber, Dan O'Donnell, Vicki McKenna, Mark Belling, (Milwaukee) gave you a few names for starters. ;)   I forgot to mention to James T Harris out of Phoenix.  The national conversation good s***.
    the only name I recognize out of that list is Joe Walsh, and he's as big a piece of shit as Trump is. 
    Fair enough.  The people I listen to do not fawn over Trump 24/7.  I don't listen to Rush or Hannity because that's all they do.
    Give those other guys a shot, see what you think of them.  Pick one and listen to them for a week so you can have an honest assessment.  Joe Walsh I listen to the least mainly because he shouts into the microphone all day, stutters a lot, and says the same s*** over and over and over again.  Talks like at Chicagoan.  I said good, he's interesting for about 10 minutes once in a while.
    besides this thread, I try to stay away from american politics as much as I can these days. it was causing me too much anger/stress/anxiety. 
    I understand.
    But this thread is not the best place to get fair, balanced, and accurate information about American politics.
    I listen to a lota of people from a lot of different angles.  The shows I listen to don't even talk politics all day long. 
    About 15 years ago I listened to nothing but music stations.  Finally after hearing Stairway to Heaven for the 999th time, great song but I'd had enough and had to go to a.m. to see what was there.
    Sometimes it's sports I like Dan Patrick's Show, sometimes it's about school referendums whatever.
    Read this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/05/16/the-gullible-trump-finally-finds-out-kim-jong-un-isnt-honorable/
    You know from the headline where the writer is coming from.  The media doesn't even try to hide their biases anymore.  Sure they hope the meeting falls through so that they can say Trump couldn't do it either.
    I can't accept this at all. Say it all you want. Nobody has your views without being influenced by biased right wing media, especially not someone who claims to be a Christian.
    ok, I find this to be a strange thing to say. you can't be a trump supporter/applauder unless you've been brainwashed? you really don't think people can honestly like what he's doing without outside influence? I know many intelligent people who have not been brainwashed, are christian, and like trump. 

I'm struggling to find the reason why christians are consistently to be held to some higher standard than everyone else. christians are taught that all humans are flawed and are to be forgiven for their earthly sins. but as long as that human appears to be doing god's work (in their eyes), then why WOULDN'T they support him?
    First of all, I never said anything about being brainwashed. I think being influenced by bias is much different than being brainwashed.
    But anyway, sure... Nasty people can be Trump applauders without being influenced in a lopsided way by right wing media. That's right - I don't think any decent human being can actually be fully aware of the realities of Trump and still support and applaud him. I am comfortable saying this. I say that of anyone who supports and facilitates immoral, rotten, harmful people.

And Christians are held up to a higher standard because they place themselves there. They declare themselves to be at a higher, more moral level by virtue of their religious beliefs. So when a Christian turns around and supports someone who is the antithesis of everything Jesus stands for without any expectation of reform, then they are turning their backs on what they claim to hold dear. I don't believe that a true Christian (or any decent person) can see what Trump is doing as a completely unrepentant character, and claim that he's doing God's work. And the reason they are SO open to criticism in this particular case is because of the GOP's complete and utter failure to separate Church and State. The are not just harmless Christians minding their own business. They are Christians who will essentially support the Devil if it means they can help to maintain the influence of those beliefs in government and law.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I understand.
    Read this.

First of all, I never said anything about being brainwashed. I think being influenced by bias is much different than being brainwashed.
    But anyway, sure... Nasty people can be Trump applauders without being influenced in a lopsided way by right wing media. That's right - I don't think any decent human being can actually be fully aware of the realities of Trump and still support and applaud him. I am comfortable saying this. I say that of anyone who supports and facilitates immoral, rotten, harmful people.

And Christians are held up to a higher standard because they place themselves there. They declare themselves to be at a higher, more moral level by virtue of their religious beliefs. So when a Christian turns around and supports someone who is the antithesis of everything Jesus stands for without any expectation of reform, then they are turning their backs on what they claim to hold dear. I don't believe that a true Christian (or any decent person) can see what Trump is doing as a completely unrepentant character, and claim that he's doing God's work. And the reason they are SO open to criticism in this particular case is because of the GOP's complete and utter failure to separate Church and State. The are not just harmless Christians minding their own business. They are Christians who will essentially support the Devil if it means they can help to maintain the influence of those beliefs in government and law.
    fine. brainwashed was my term. you knew what I meant.

second, I knew that would be the answer, that they hold themselves higher than the rest of us. Some do, yes, that's right, but many, most even, are humble people that don't judge others or judge our non-believing philosophies. 

and even some of them do hold themselves to a higher standard, why elevate themselves by also holding them to that standard?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I understand.
    Read this.

Because many “Christians” don’t practice what they preach nor conduct themselves as the Bible/Jesus says you should, particularly evangelicals and Team Trump Treason. Throw in the rejection of fact based science and jiminy crinkets, I’m shocked you had to ask.

I honestly didn't have to ask, because I did know the answer. But it's not what you stated here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I am aware that there are humble Christians who don't judge. My argument is that none of those good Christians are Trump supporters.
    I don't know of any Christians Trump supporters in this thread who are humble without judging, that's for sure.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I understand.
    Read this.

the whole idea of christianity is basically spreading the "good word" by any means necessary. the bible says so. christians pick and choose what works for them, just like all other humans that are flawed and make mistakes and do thinks that go against what they preach. this is not a christian-specific trait. 

on the flip side, by brother is die hard baptist and he is a trump hater like the rest of our family. I have yet to ask him about pence. that answer might be a dinner-killer. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    I am aware that there are humble Christians who don't judge. My argument is that none of those good Christians are Trump supporters.
    I don't know of any Christians Trump supporters in this thread who are humble without judging, that's for sure.
    that's a pretty small pool to be drawing from, though.

my whole point is that sometimes I see way too many broad strokes being painted, in this thread especially. you recently talked about "dangerous language" of hyperbole and mass characterization when it comes to Trudeau. people characterizing all trump supporters as deplorables/idiots/racists is exactly the language that helped get him elected in the first place, so I'm not sure how it's going to be of service in the long term. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    I understand.
    Read this.

Oh, Ryme, Ryme, Ryme.....this is just a comedy of errors on your part. Of course there is bias in the media. But two things about this particular article you found:

First, it's an opinion piece. So you know you're getting the writer's bias going in.

Second, and most importantly, it's written by Jennifer Rubin, a CONSERVATIVE writer. This person is one of the few conservatives NOT brainwashed by Donald Fucking Trump. You should google her.

This also brings up another important point that Trump supporters never seem to understand: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A LIBERAL TO OPPOSE DONALD TRUMP AND HIS CROOKED ADMINISTRATION.

Jesus.....

chinese-happy.jpg
    Decent people, including Christians, do not pick and choose horrible, abusive, lying sexual predators to spread the good word. So yes, I agree some Christians do indeed go with the "by any means necessary" tactic. When that includes facilitating the likes of Trump, that tells me they are Christians who actively go against everything their so-called faith stands for to get there. I see no reason to just accept that and let them off the hook "because they're human" - everyone is, and lots and lots of them don't compromise their morals as they drive towards impinging their beliefs on others (via politics in this case). Why should I be cool with them doing it just because they claim to be Christian? To me, that is kind of like calling someone a good vegan even though they raise veal in their backyard. It doesn't make sense to me. IMO, there is nothing wrong with holding people up to their self-declared moral standards.

Yeah, I have a hard core Born Again cousin, and she is absolutely appalled by Trump... She would also never in a million years tell me I'm going to Hell for my Atheism. She's a very good Christian.
    edited May 2018

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJ_Soul said:
    Decent people, including Christians, do not pick and choose horrible, abusive, lying sexual predators to spread the good word. So yes, I agree some Christians do indeed go with the "by any means necessary" tactic. When that includes facilitating the likes of Trump, that tells me they are Christians who actively go against everything their so-called faith stands for to get there. I see no reason to just accept that and let them off the hook "because they're human" - everyone is, and lots and lots of them don't compromise their morals as they drive towards impinging their beliefs on others (via politics in this case). Why should I be cool with them doing it just because they claim to be Christian? To me, that is kind of like calling someone a good vegan even though they raise veal in their backyard. It doesn't make sense to me. IMO, there is nothing wrong with holding people up to their self-declared moral standards.

Yeah, I have a hard core Born Again cousin, and she is absolutely appalled by Trump... She would also never in a million years tell me I'm going to Hell for my Atheism. She's a very good Christian.
    I would imagine their justification is that he will enact policies that fall in line with their religious philosophies, and that he is merely a vessel. 

again, I'm not defending trump or his supporters, I just find it incredibly naive to just say "all of them are horrible people". 

I've stopped treating people like they are on some pedestal when they've put themselves there. that seems odd to me. a religious leader? sure. 

our version of good christian and their versions can be very different. there are many christians that take the bible literally, and that you aren't a good christian if you aren't trying to convert every last soul, and yes, that includes conversion by fear. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

These people are the biggest frauds of them all. They claimed to be appalled at Clinton's misgivings in the 90's but overlook stuff way worse here all in the hopes that Roe V Wade gets overturned.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2018
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xenxv/honey-im-calling-ice-says-white-guy-at-a-manhattan-restaurant

This guy thinks tRump is doing great....

I saw this on twitter.  They identified the guy as an attorney whose office is right next door to the place that he was ranting in.  His yelp and google reviews are getting destroyed.

Forgot to mention, his website actually mentions that they have spanish and french translators available.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I would imagine their justification is that he will enact policies that fall in line with their religious philosophies, and that he is merely a vessel. 

again, I'm not defending trump or his supporters, I just find it incredibly naive to just say "all of them are horrible people". 

I've stopped treating people like they are on some pedestal when they've put themselves there. that seems odd to me. a religious leader? sure. 

our version of good christian and their versions can be very different. there are many christians that take the bible literally, and that you aren't a good christian if you aren't trying to convert every last soul, and yes, that includes conversion by fear. 
    Right, that is their justification... Them wanting their religious philosophies embedded into government and law is not sweetening the deal for me, lol. Fuck that. That they are willing to make a deal with the Devil just makes it that much worse, and that is why I'm so critical of it. I'm not putting anyone on a pedestal. I don't think expecting people not to support and facilitate and sexual predator who can't go 24 hours without lying through his teeth while in the most powerful position on the face of the planet is very much to ask at all. Not a pedestal. A totally basic level of decency is where I'm placing my expectations. No amount of "yeah, but it will help my cause"ing will change my view of that. It's not naivety IMO. It's simply having basic standards of morality, and mine aren't even particularly high in the scheme of things - certainly not in the scheme of Jesus's teachings! Holding Christians and non-Christians alike up to that is hardly unreasonable IMO. But yes, when people do it while they claim to have Jesus in their court as well, it certainly puts a spotlight on them! I'm not a fan of not walking the talk, and I don't that's naivety at all. I'm not prepared to lower my standards to what often appears to be the new normal.

(BTW, when I say "good Christian" I am simply talking about abiding by the basic rules of decency that Christian believe are the basic teachings of Jesus and the simple behavioural expectations for a kind, moral person. I think it's fair to say that helping to raise a sexual predator who sexualizes his daughter and who lies and cheats regularly and who literally causes harm to needy people and who supports racists to be leader of a nation "under God" does not apply)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    The support for hypocrisy today is astounding.

I’m not Christian but I don’t find neo-nazis to be a good side or people. I don’t think grabby women by the pussy is cool. I don’t identify with being divorced three times and banging playboy bunnies and porn stars while married but really, it’s none of my business. I don’t support turning our backs on the most vulnerable in our society while telling them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and making the rich richer. And I certainly don’t practice racism nor tolerate it. Yet all those Christians that voted Team Trump Treason left their morality and moral compass at home. And for all those other “Christians?” Fuck them for not standing up in church and taking to the streets to denounce this piece of shit, Team Trump Treason and his supporters.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    who is supporting hypocrisy again?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    I’m sure you know the answer.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Right, that is their justification... Them wanting their religious philosophies embedded into government and law is not sweetening the deal for me, lol. Fuck that. That they are willing to make a deal with the Devil just makes it that much worse, and that is why I'm so critical of it. I'm not putting anyone on a pedestal. I don't think expecting people not to support and facilitate and sexual predator who can't go 24 hours without lying through his teeth while in the most powerful position on the face of the planet is very much to ask at all. Not a pedestal. A totally basic level of decency is where I'm placing my expectations. No amount of "yeah, but it will help my cause"ing will change my view of that. It's not naivety IMO. It's simply having basic standards of morality, and mine aren't even particularly high in the scheme of things - certainly not in the scheme of Jesus's teachings! Holding Christians and non-Christians alike up to that is hardly unreasonable IMO. But yes, when people do it while they claim to have Jesus in their court as well, it certainly puts a spotlight on them! I'm not a fan of not walking the talk, and I don't that's naivety at all. I'm not prepared to lower my standards to what often appears to be the new normal.

(BTW, when I say "good Christian" I am simply talking about abiding by the basic rules of decency that Christian believe are the basic teachings of Jesus and the simple behavioural expectations for a kind, moral person. I think it's fair to say that helping to raise a sexual predator who sexualizes his daughter and who lies and cheats regularly and who literally causes harm to needy people and who supports racists to be leader of a nation "under God" does not apply)
    calling him the Devil is the same as 30 calling Trudeau "little boy", btw. 

I'm not saying your expectations are too much to ask. the point here is being missed. I'm saying your have grander expectations of some because of the pedestal they put themselves on, which, in effect, legitimizes that pedestal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I’m sure you know the answer.
    apparently I need it spelled out for me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not saying your expectations are too much to ask. the point here is being missed. I'm saying your have grander expectations of some because of the pedestal they put themselves on, which, in effect, legitimizes that pedestal. 
    Lol, it is not the same at all. I was using a well-known figure of speech that was completely appropriate to the topic of conversation. That isn't what's going on with someone calling Trudeau "little boy" for no justifiable reason.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol, it is not the same at all. I was using a well-known figure of speech that was completely appropriate to the topic of conversation. That isn't what's going on with someone calling Trudeau "little boy".
    lol. ok. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol, it is not the same at all. I was using a well-known figure of speech that was completely appropriate to the topic of conversation. That isn't what's going on with someone calling Trudeau "little boy".
    lol. ok. 
    If you disagree say why. What I just said makes sense. You're doing the false equivalency thing.

I don't have grander expectations of Christians than I do of anyone else actually. They separate themselves from the rest with the higher level of hypocrisy that they place themselves at.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    "I've tried to understand this whole net neutrality thing, and it really is hard to understand. So, I based my opinion of it this way: what does Obama want regarding net neutrality, and do the opposite."

You can't make this shit up.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    AND "F these communists."
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Tiki said:
    "I've tried to understand this whole net neutrality thing, and it really is hard to understand. So, I based my opinion of it this way: what does Obama want regarding net neutrality, and do the opposite."

What is this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    edited May 2018
    Tiki said:

What is this?
    I don’t know if he’s quoting an actual person, but it’s the logic of a lot of trump supporters. Many don’t know boo-squat about the Iran nuke deal or Israel and now suddenly they give a rip. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited May 2018
    Here's  another "good" christian.....

Coffee shop refuses to serve white man because he was “being very racist,” video shows
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xeabp/coffee-shop-refuses-to-serve-white-man-because-he-was-being-very-racist-video-shows
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited May 2018
    Tiki said:

What is this?
    I don’t know if he’s quoting an actual person, but it’s the logic of a lot of trump supporters. Many don’t know boo-squat about the Iran nuke deal or Israel and now suddenly they give a rip. 
    It is the same on both sides. A lot of liberals don’t know absolute shit about anything. Look no furthet than the occupy Democrats And the other 98% pages on Facebook. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

lol. ok. 
    You’re joking, right? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.