John McCain

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    And we wonder why our politicians can't get along and compromise.  If you disagree with a politician we tell the to f off. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    And we wonder why our politicians can't get along and compromise.  If you disagree with a politician we tell the to f off. ;)
    We tried compromise, it when like this

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I agree.  Even if someone is solidly firm on an issue and sees no reason to compromise that still is no excuse to tell the other guy to f off. 

I was thinking about this today: About 10 years ago (or so) climate activist Bill McKibben interviewed John McCain.  McKibben was impressed by how much McCain showed concern for climate issues and suggested that we would do well to acknowledge McCain's concerns.  But many on the left have dismissed McCain outright and some have gone as far as to say "f off, McCain".  Not a good move in my opinion.  Had more of those on the left given kudos to McCain for his concern, perhaps he and maybe even other Republicans would have followed suit. 

I told some people here to f themselves for voting for Trump.  I still think the same of Trump as I did then, and am now even more against him , but telling people to f off was wrong and I banned myself from these forums for that egregious act. Saying f off is a cop out and a cheap shot. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited May 2018
    When I die, you're all un-invited to to my funeral! I"ll let Sea but no Kat or any other poster on here: no way, not allowed! I just wanna go on record. Thank you good night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvgi7P97lu0

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JC29856 said:
    When I die, you're all un-invited to to my funeral! I"ll let Sea but no Kat or any other poster on here: no way, not allowed! I just wanna go on record. Thank you good night

Nice to just kick dirt on a dying man you must be proud !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    JC29856 said:

I look at it this way, better to kick dirt on the dying than carpet bomb the living.
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

I look at it this way, better to kick dirt on the dying than carpet bomb the living.
    Hey as long as you can look in the mirror and know you would sacrifice just as much as him if you had too !
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Hey as long as you can look in the mirror and know you would sacrifice just as much as him if you had too !
    I cant look in the mirror and "sacrifice" as many innocents as he did, he does have me there.
    how many were sacrificed at his alter? 10 100 1000 10000?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

I cant look in the mirror and "sacrifice" as many innocents as he did, he does have me there.
    You pay your taxes? 

why bother?

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:
    why bother?

Sniff, sniff.....that smells like desperation and has nothing to do with McCain.
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    why bother?

Sniff, sniff.....that smells like desperation and has nothing to do with McCain.
    I was thinking the same (what do my taxes have to do with songbirdie?)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    why bother?

Really? You don’t get the connection? Oh right, despite the fun, connecting dots is a challenge for some.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

You pay your taxes? 

He enjoys every right afforded an American citizen like kicking dirt on dying war hero , even tonight he can order out some pizzagate with extra cheese and eat it too !
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    why bother?

You seem to be devaluing John McCain and the fight for his life because he was a soldier in a war and killed people...

Meanwhile you pay for the slaughter via your taxes just like everyone else... maybe take another look in that mirror, comrade

You financed Shock & Awe whether you like it or not

Or maybe, just try having some fucking class
    my2hands said:
    JC29856 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    why bother?

You seem to be devaluing John McCain and the fight for his life because he was a soldier in a war and killed people...

Meanwhile you pay for the slaughter via your taxes just like everyone else... maybe take another look in that mirror, comrade

You financed Shock & Awe whether you like it or not

Or maybe, just try having some fucking class
    Speaking of "class" and "poor judgement" what does Carole Shepp the 3 kids and Charles Humphrey Keating Jr have to add to the discussion?
    Hey mods can you consolidate these two threads , thanks 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    JC29856 said:

I respect your decision and hope you have a fantastic afterlife. :) 

Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    JC29856 said:

I respect your decision and hope you have a fantastic afterlife. :) 

I wanted to be the second person in the history of mankind to publicly un-invite someone to my funeral.
    Someday you may perusing the obituaries and find my picture (BELOW), don't say a prayer, save it til the morning after.

https://www.theinvestigativefund.org/investigation/2008/10/06/mccain-pow-cover/

McCain and the POW Cover-up

John McCain never misses an opportunity to tout his Vietnam POW credentials. Then why did he help suppress a real investigation into evidence of POWs left behind?

6. On November 11, 1992, Dolores Alfond, the sister of missing airman Capt. Victor Apodaca and chair of the National Alliance of Families, an organization of relatives of POW/MIAs, testified at one of the Senate committee's public hearings. She asked for information about data the government had gathered from electronic devices used in a classified program known as PAVE SPIKE.

The devices were motion sensors, dropped by air, designed to pick up enemy troop movements. Shaped on one end like a spike with an electronic pod and antenna on top, they were designed to stick in the ground as they fell. Air Force planes would drop them along the Ho Chi Minh trail and other supply routes. The devices, though primarily sensors, also had rescue capabilities. Someone on the ground—a downed airman or a prisoner on a labor gang —could manually enter data into the sensor. All data were regularly collected electronically by US planes flying overhead. Alfond stated, without any challenge or contradiction by the committee, that in 1974, a year after the supposedly complete return of prisoners, the gathered data showed that a person or people had manually entered into the sensors—as US pilots had been trained to do—”no less than 20 authenticator numbers that corresponded exactly to the classified authenticator numbers of 20 US POWs who were lost in Laos.“ Alfond added, according to the transcript: ”This PAVE SPIKE intelligence is seamless, but the committee has not discussed it or released what it knows about PAVE SPIKE.“

McCain attended that committee hearing specifically to confront Alfond because of her criticism of the panel's work. He bellowed and berated her for quite a while. His face turning anger-pink, he accused her of ”denigrating“ his ”patriotism.“ The bullying had its effect—she began to cry.

After a pause Alfond recovered and tried to respond to his scorching tirade, but McCain simply turned away and stormed out of the room. The PAVE SPIKE file has never been declassified. We still don't know anything about those twenty POWs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CazKanlYDg

JC29856 said:

John McCain never misses an opportunity to tout his Vietnam POW credentials. Then why did he help suppress a real investigation into evidence of POWs left behind?

6. On November 11, 1992, Dolores Alfond, the sister of missing airman Capt. Victor Apodaca and chair of the National Alliance of Families, an organization of relatives of POW/MIAs, testified at one of the Senate committee's public hearings. She asked for information about data the government had gathered from electronic devices used in a classified program known as PAVE SPIKE.

The devices were motion sensors, dropped by air, designed to pick up enemy troop movements. Shaped on one end like a spike with an electronic pod and antenna on top, they were designed to stick in the ground as they fell. Air Force planes would drop them along the Ho Chi Minh trail and other supply routes. The devices, though primarily sensors, also had rescue capabilities. Someone on the ground—a downed airman or a prisoner on a labor gang —could manually enter data into the sensor. All data were regularly collected electronically by US planes flying overhead. Alfond stated, without any challenge or contradiction by the committee, that in 1974, a year after the supposedly complete return of prisoners, the gathered data showed that a person or people had manually entered into the sensors—as US pilots had been trained to do—”no less than 20 authenticator numbers that corresponded exactly to the classified authenticator numbers of 20 US POWs who were lost in Laos.“ Alfond added, according to the transcript: ”This PAVE SPIKE intelligence is seamless, but the committee has not discussed it or released what it knows about PAVE SPIKE.“

McCain attended that committee hearing specifically to confront Alfond because of her criticism of the panel's work. He bellowed and berated her for quite a while. His face turning anger-pink, he accused her of ”denigrating“ his ”patriotism.“ The bullying had its effect—she began to cry.

After a pause Alfond recovered and tried to respond to his scorching tirade, but McCain simply turned away and stormed out of the room. The PAVE SPIKE file has never been declassified. We still don't know anything about those twenty POWs.

Great what a class act you are ..
    JC29856 said:

Great what a class act you are ..
    are you a fortunate son? how about a fortunate son and grandson of 4 star admirals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIG4VMr4DnA

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    My mother has officially banned a few people from her funeral, lol. It's not as unusual or weird as some seem to think IMO. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    My mother has officially banned a few people from her funeral, lol. It's not as unusual or weird as some seem to think IMO. :lol:
    there's a few that have made my list. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Ironic mention of classless. Well done.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is highly unusual for a public figure to publicly un-invite someone to his/hers funeral. No need to argue that because its "silly petty" but I will say that your post had me thinking, under what circumstances does someone go out (assuming the person is terminal) of their way and make it known to the people they care about or have cared about in the past and forbid them to mourn their loss and celebrate that life? (Ignoring the petty McCain un-invitation because I dont think Songbird or 5 Deferment Don really care about each other. To put it in perspective McNasty requested that W give a eulogy at his services! Lets hope W doesn't bring up the South Carolina primary!)
    We don't see the difference between a protest song about nobody specific and someone working at the white house joking about a person actually dying?

I mean c'mon bro
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018
    JC29856 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is highly unusual for a public figure to publicly un-invite someone to his/hers funeral. No need to argue that because its "silly petty" but I will say that your post had me thinking, under what circumstances does someone go out (assuming the person is terminal) of their way and make it known to the people they care about or have cared about in the past and forbid them to mourn their loss and celebrate that life? (Ignoring the petty McCain un-invitation because I dont think Songbird or 5 Deferment Don really care about each other. To put it in perspective McNasty requested that W give a eulogy at his services! Lets hope W doesn't bring up the South Carolina primary!)
    Why would anyone ban someone they care about from their funeral? They don't. They "ban" people who they hate, and who likely hates them, but who for various reasons would likely show up to their funeral anyhow. That is clearly the case with McCain. He's made it clear that he thinks Trump is a horrible human being, and he seems to really be disgusted with what Trump represents, on a very deep level (like a lot of us!). But given McCain and Trump's positions, Trump showing up to his funeral would be rather likely. I think McCain simply said what he said because he viewed it likely that a big piece of shit would turn up where his loved ones want to mourn him and honour their love for him, and didn't want a big steaming pile of shit ruining it for them. Chances are good that his family loathes Trump just as much, and McCain didn't want to leave it to them to diss the POTUS - he did them that favour. I don't think that's "silly petty", under the circumstances. Yes, it's highly unusual for a public figure to do this.... But Trump is a "highly unusual" public figure all around and so spawns stuff like this. Perhaps you are underestimating how absolutely morally DISGUSTING and behaviorally repulsive and literally harmful Trump is to a lot of people?
    As for my mother.... there are a couple of truly rotten human beings she has had the misfortune of being related to, either by blood or marriage - she doesn't want two people who hate her showing up just because everyone else is, and those two phonies would certainly do that if we let them. Seems fair to me. You don't want terrible people tarnishing a moment that is that important to the deceased loved ones and the memory of the deceased.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited May 2018
    quoted deleted
    Very very angry dude. I m not sure why people are this angry about McCain. 
    Post edited by Sea on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......