Looking for information on zippos

Hi all,

Just searching for information on the current going rates for the Eddie Vedder zippos. I haven’t been able to find much online, I guess it’s because these don’t seem to come up for sale very often? I saw the thread where the white uke one went for US$750 on eBay, is that about the norm for this zippo? In particular, what about the white Australia map and black wave zippos? Also, which is the rarest or least common to find out of these three zippos? I have seen a few threads regarding Eddie Vedder zippos lately and it’s just got me wondering.

Thanks in advance for your input.
2003: Melb x3, Perth
2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
2013: Seattle
2014: BDO Syd, Adel
2014: EV Melb

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    edited May 2018
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...oh wait sorry, wrong obsession of mine..
    There's 9 "official" EV zippos. There's another thread with discussion on them and pictures 
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/265813/so-are-there-now-7-ev-zippos-with-picture-of-the-first-6-zippos/p1
    EV's 2008 tour was the start with the chrome Into the Wild and chrome and white "Stars and Stripes/Evil Knievel". Those 3 are the least rare as they were also available in the SHOP after the tour etc and sat there for a good amount of time.
    Going forward, the Black Wave came out in 2011.  There are 2 versions of this as in 2015, 10c reissued it. The 2011 is the rarer of the 2 but both are hard to find at this point. Black Wave 2011 can go from 200 to 400 and Black Wave 2015 is probably 150 to 200.
    There are 2 Aussie White Zippos; 1 "map" and 1 "uke". both are very rare at this point and hard to find with the Map being the hardest. If one comes up, I would bet it goes for $1000 or so. The Uke did just sell for 750 a week or two ago.
    The last 3 are the EV Euro one from last year, the EV Ohana one and of course the most recent Brazil Zippo.  Euro is the least rare of the 3 but still a good hunt with Ohana probably $250 -300 and Brazil is $400-700 as past sales in the last month show.
    -EV
    PS - there's a 10th EV zippo but its never been available for fans. It was made for EV to give out to friends and fam and it goes by the unofficial name "Wrigley".  I know two people with this that got it from EV themselves and its impossible to pry it from their GI Joe Kung Fu grip
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • radio songradio song Posts: 47
    Thanks elwayvedder, that’s very helpful  :):)

if I got a zippo from ed himself, there is no way I would ever part with it either!!
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb
  • ZH227544ZH227544 Posts: 267
    what are everyone thoughts on peeling the orange sticker off of a new zippo, that comes from the factory? I see in that post that the picture of all 9 zippo from elwayvedder. that the white Australia map one has some residue from the sticker, being sitting to long on the zippo.

are we to take the sticker off of the zippo? 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    ZH227544 said:
    what are everyone thoughts on peeling the orange sticker off of a new zippo, that comes from the factory? I see in that post that the picture of all 9 zippo from elwayvedder. that the white Australia map one has some residue from the sticker, being sitting to long on the zippo.

are we to take the sticker off of the zippo? 
    If you want to use it, emove the sticker.  If u want it to remain pristine then leave it.