Joseph Arthur

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sweet, thank you for posting that. :)
    Album will be released on June 15th. https://store.newwestrecords.com/collections/arthur-buck
    Vinyl is only $18 USD.... but the cheapest international shipping price is $19 USD, lol.

ouch, do you have any local shops that you could get it from?
    I can't imagine any local shops would carry any Joseph Arthur. I've never once seen a JA album in a store, and when I've asked nobody has ever even known who he is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Album will be released on June 15th. https://store.newwestrecords.com/collections/arthur-buck
    Vinyl is only $18 USD.... but the cheapest international shipping price is $19 USD, lol.

I can't imagine any local shops would carry any Joseph Arthur. I've never once seen a JA album in a store, and when I've asked nobody has ever even known who he is.
    hmm, maybe would be worth asking if it's in their system yet.  Maybe someone could order it.
    edited April 2018
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

hmm, maybe would be worth asking if it's in their system yet.  Maybe someone could order it.
    I guess I could, but that's never worked to save money before. All the local stores raise the price so much here it would probably end up costing just as much as if I had ordered it online. But yeah, you're right, I should inquire anyhow, just to be sure.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess I could, but that's never worked to save money before. All the local stores raise the price so much here it would probably end up costing just as much as if I had ordered it online. But yeah, you're right, I should inquire anyhow, just to be sure.
    It's on amazon too, if you have amazon in Vancouver.
    edited May 2018
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's on amazon too, if you have amazon in Vancouver.
    Duuhhhh. You know what, I've been searching for "Joseph Arthur" on Amazon instead of "Arthur Buck". That is why I came up empty. :loser: Thanks for mentioning the obvious - not sure I would have realized my mistake otherwise (kind of surprised searching for JA doesn't come up with this album though).
    (lol @ "if you have amazon in Vancouver" btw! ;) )
    edited May 2018
    Paging PJ_Soul....

signed version of the LP at Barnes and Noble:
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/arthur-buck-arthur-buck/32466881?ean=0607396525010

translucent red and blue split "indie" version:
    http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27278211/arthur-buck-arthur-buck-indie-version

Post edited by kramer73 on
    Thanks kramer73! I would like that signed version... But it would cost over double what I'm paying on Amazon.ca after conversion, so I guess I'll just stick with the cheapest option this time. :frowning:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks kramer73! I would like that signed version... But it would cost over double what I'm paying on Amazon.ca after conversion, so I guess I'll just stick with the cheapest option this time. :frowning:
    Alright, if you need some help getting it, let me know.
    Arthur Buck tour dates:

edited June 2018
    Release day!! Album is rad - really enjoying it.
    Boooooo to Amazon; they won't be ready to ship until the 22nd apparently. Once again Amazon screws me with a presale, lol. So nothing new.
    edited June 2018
    Got the colored vinyl from bull moose a couple days ago, the Barnes and Noble signed version should be here Tues.
    Post edited by kramer73 on
    Really dig this album.

If anyone is looking for the Arthur Buck record for cheap, it's on clearance here: https://www.indievinylden.com/collections/vinyl-records-clearance/products/arthur-buck-arthur-buck-vinyl-record 

The website also has 20% off with the code "PUSH", so it's $11 right now.
    RP112579 said:
    Really dig this album.

Yes, it's a really good album, I like it a lot. I didn't know there was a coloured version.
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    Really dig this album.

Yes, it's a really good album, I like it a lot. I didn't know there was a coloured version.
    It was an indie record store exclusive. The website I linked above actually has the colored version, too. It's not as cheap as the black vinyl on clearance, but it's still 20% off.
    RP112579 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    Really dig this album.

It was an indie record store exclusive. The website I linked above actually has the colored version, too. It's not as cheap as the black vinyl on clearance, but it's still 20% off.
    I've already got the black one, so I'm not looking to buy the coloured one. :) I just never heard it existed, which is kinda weird, just because I would expect to be kept updated on such things as someone who follows JA on every social media platform, lol, and am also on his mail list as far as I know... Although I do see that his website now just says "new site coming soon", so maybe his mail list no longer even exists.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

(Tim Rogers)
    edited February 2019
    Sweet. I enjoyed Arthur Buck.
    I wonder how in the fuck Peter actually lost that tooth? (geez, my vote is for a regular white tooth ffs, lol)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606

edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    Really dig this album.

It was an indie record store exclusive. The website I linked above actually has the colored version, too. It's not as cheap as the black vinyl on clearance, but it's still 20% off
    We talked about this, lol.  😀😀😀
    kramer73 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    Really dig this album.

It was an indie record store exclusive. The website I linked above actually has the colored version, too. It's not as cheap as the black vinyl on clearance, but it's still 20% off
    We talked about this, lol.  😀😀😀
    Did we? Oh, well then I forgot all about it. :lol:
    @PJ_Soul Not sure if you follow Joseph on Instagram, but he’s put a pretty cool cover of Blind Melon’s ‘Change’ on his page today

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    @PJ_Soul Not sure if you follow Joseph on Instagram, but he’s put a pretty cool cover of Blind Melon’s ‘Change’ on his page today
    That sounds amazing. I don't use Instagram... are you able to maybe link it here? I tried looking for it, but didn't see this.
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    That sounds amazing. I don't use Instagram... are you able to maybe link it here? I tried looking for it, but didn't see this.
    This should be it:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/BwxoeghAiNe/?hl=en

Blind Melon played a surprise show after the screening of the Danny Clinch film and Joseph, Nico, and Brian Fallon sang there

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    This should be it:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/BwxoeghAiNe/?hl=en

Blind Melon played a surprise show after the screening of the Danny Clinch film and Joseph, Nico, and Brian Fallon sang there
    Awesome, thank you!

(Tim Rogers)
    First single from his new solo album, Come Back World.

https://youtu.be/TIkxMB_lwik