Options

Soldier Field Vault vinyl scratched records..

Hello all, just wondering if anyone else had any issues with receiving scratched records and the overall poor quality of the Soldier Field Vault pressing, both vinyl and packaging. Not talking about the recording itself, I can understand that but a newly pressed vinyl, especially a limited run like this should not have those kind of imperfections: scratched records, badly cut spindle holes, badly trimmed inside sleeves, pops and clicks all over, very audible between tracks...

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Mine was fine. But yours on the other hand is unacceptable 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    oh man that is terrible.  e-mail ten club and i'm sure they will make things right.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Had my copy spinning yesterday, no issues. 
    Are thoes actual scratches? Can you feel the indent of the scratches?
    maybe all they need a good cleaning?
    if not, hope the 10C can help you out. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I would agree with David.
    I've had many new records sound like I bought them from a yard sale, but with a basic cleaning sounded new. The crackling is what makes me think it isn't a pressing issue, that is usually dust in my experience and not scratches. 
    I would at least try it before contacting 10c, so you can say you've cleaned it with no improvement.
    At this point I doubt they will do anything, it was a limited pressing that was delivered 5 months ago? But worth a shot. I've had pleasant customer service experiences with all my dealings. 
  • Options
    So, I did clean the records properly and must say most of those surface scratches seem to be gone and overall sound seem to be improved too. I'll give it thorough listen as soon as I have time.
    I ended up emailing 10c support but no reply as of yet and I must say a couple experiences I had with them were not great...maybe just unlucky...will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    When I think about the process of pressing music onto wax, I can't help but think about all the imperfections.
    www.cluthelee.com