*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    At the beginning of the season, most fans would have been ecstatic at making the playoffs alone, so to have made the EC Semi Finals was a great year. I think losing now will only help them moving forward, as if they went any further, it may have them thinking they are better than what they actually are. Only good things ahead for this team.

Please don't chase LBJ
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Good game, should be the first of many playoff battles over the next 5-8 yrs.

Just wanted to leave this here as a response to Jugs' post Superb Owl spamming of the board...

This weekend we rock Portland
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited May 2018
    Damn. The bench was balls, zero production this series. Awesome year considering where we've been.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    At next year's parade we're gonna look back at this series as something the team had to go through in order to get to where they needed to be.

Trust.
    The.
    Process.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Alright. So where's the Cavs thread?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

I'm sure Wobbie will start one.
    At next year's parade we're gonna look back at this series as something the team had to go through in order to get to where they needed to be.

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

Next year the Celtics should have Irving and Hayward back healthy and everyone else with the possible exception of Smart back, don't plan your parade route just yet.

Is JJ staying in Philly or bolting for a big contract elsewhere?
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

Next year the Celtics should have Irving and Hayward back healthy and everyone else with the possible exception of Smart back, don't plan your parade route just yet.

Congrats. You're welcome to come for the parade. It won't be the same as the Super Bowl Champions one....but the weather will be nicer.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

W

I wish that Irving & Hayward played. Celtics would've had a excuse if the 76ers won. MAYBE next year all will play for both teams.

That's a good question about Reddick.  Will the 76ers use that Cap space for other Free Agents? Should be a interesting off season.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2018
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

was a dumb move to not sign Redick for 2 years. Could hurt them now.  Unless of course Lebron whores himself out to the Sixers.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

Congrats. You're welcome to come for the parade. It won't be the same as the Super Bowl Champions one....but the weather will be nicer.

If Lebron goes to Philly then theres a parade there if he's not then you'll be watching someone else's parade.

Great season for them though.  You guys played with house money and made a great run of it.
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

If Lebron goes to Philly then theres a parade there if he's not then you'll be watching someone else's parade.

Great season for them though.  You guys played with house money and made a great run of it.

I'll save you a spot on Broad St and we can have a pointless argument about Dwane Casey's job security!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Poncier said:

Trust.
    The.
    Process.

I'll save you a spot on Broad St and we can have a pointless argument about Dwane Casey's job security!
    I'll bring a flask, lol.  You like gin?
    I still think Embiid should've made the shot, and when does the NBA call Traveling>LOL>Besides not enough.

L2M: Refs missed Baynes' foul on Embiid, Smart's travel in Game 5
    4h ago
    Maddie Meyer / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    BOSTON MA - MAY 9 Aron Baynes 46 of the Boston Celtics and Joel Embiid 21 of the Philadelphia 76ers battle for a rebound during Game Five of the Eastern Conference Second Round of the 2018 NBA Playoffs at TD Garden on May 9 2018 in Boston Massachusetts The Celtics defeat the 76ers 114-112 to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals

The NBA's last-two-minute report for Game 5 between the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers states Aron Baynes got away with a key foul on Joel Embiid's final layup attempt.

Embiid had deep position on the left block as he tried to finish over the top of Baynes to pull the Sixers even and keep their season alive, but after two missed efforts he had the ball knocked out of bounds off his foot. The report confirmed Baynes had fouled Embiid on his first shot attempt, though no foul was called.

The report also states Marcus Smart traveled after intercepting the game's final inbound pass. If the violation was called, the Sixers would have been left with 1.5 seconds to attempt a shot for the tie or win.

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    I still think Embiid should've made the shot, and when does the NBA call Traveling>LOL>Besides not enough.

4h ago
    BOSTON MA - MAY 9 Aron Baynes 46 of the Boston Celtics and Joel Embiid 21 of the Philadelphia 76ers battle for a rebound during Game Five of the Eastern Conference Second Round of the 2018 NBA Playoffs at TD Garden on May 9 2018 in Boston Massachusetts The Celtics defeat the 76ers 114-112 to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals

The NBA's last-two-minute report for Game 5 between the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers states Aron Baynes got away with a key foul on Joel Embiid's final layup attempt.

Embiid had deep position on the left block as he tried to finish over the top of Baynes to pull the Sixers even and keep their season alive, but after two missed efforts he had the ball knocked out of bounds off his foot. The report confirmed Baynes had fouled Embiid on his first shot attempt, though no foul was called.

The report also states Marcus Smart traveled after intercepting the game's final inbound pass. If the violation was called, the Sixers would have been left with 1.5 seconds to attempt a shot for the tie or win.

I don't see the point in going over this stuff once the result is in. And if you are going to look at things, then look at the whole game. What if more fouls should have been called on a key player in the 1st or 2nd qtrs? They possibly should have sat for larger periods of the game due to foul trouble, and that could change the game. Lot's of what ifs, but it doesn't do anything to change the result.
    In the end, Boston deserved their series win and I think the Sixers will be better in the long run for being eliminated at this stage.

I hole the Celtics can knock over the Cavs and with Stevens as Coach, I think they are a real shot.

Why on Earth they are not playing a game now for days and days is beyond me, and how is Celtics/Cavs first, when both Warriors and Rockets both finished the day before Boston. Rockets and Warriors both have 5 days before Game 1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    No Coder said:
    cutz said:

4h ago

I don't see the point in going over this stuff once the result is in. And if you are going to look at things, then look at the whole game. What if more fouls should have been called on a key player in the 1st or 2nd qtrs? They possibly should have sat for larger periods of the game due to foul trouble, and that could change the game. Lot's of what ifs, but it doesn't do anything to change the result.
    In the end, Boston deserved their series win and I think the Sixers will be better in the long run for being eliminated at this stage.

I hole the Celtics can knock over the Cavs and with Stevens as Coach, I think they are a real shot.

Why on Earth they are not playing a game now for days and days is beyond me, and how is Celtics/Cavs first, when both Warriors and Rockets both finished the day before Boston. Rockets and Warriors both have 5 days before Game 1
    I NEVER want the Celtics to win.

I know: it's DUMB that there are NO games for this long. 5 days off? RIDICULOUS.
    The off time is basically cause the conference finals and finals game dates are predetermined, which is also why the west is starting later. Its pretty dumb, but as usual with the NBA is all about TV.
    Poncier said:
    The off time is basically cause the conference finals and finals game dates are predetermined, which is also why the west is starting later. Its pretty dumb, but as usual with the NBA is all about TV.
    Yeah, i know its TV.

TV MONEY RULES!

From ESPN article about Sixers' exit interviews:

On the Sixers' second-round loss to the Celtics, Embiid added that he and his teammates thought Boston "was going to be a little too easy, I'm not going to lie."

Poncier said:

From ESPN article about Sixers' exit interviews:

On the Sixers' second-round loss to the Celtics, Embiid added that he and his teammates thought Boston "was going to be a little too easy, I'm not going to lie."

What kind of mindset is that? You can NOT go into any Series with that mentality, even if the 76ers were playing  against me and 4 of my friends.
    Let the RUMORS begin:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1528389

Report: Sixers showing interest in Kawhi, Paul George
    2h ago
    Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports / Action Images
    Presented by

Philadelphia 76ers head coach Brett Brown feels the Sixers "need help," preferably from a "high-level" free agent, in order to compete for a championship in earnest. Their front office reportedly plans to be aggressive on that front this summer.

On top of a plan to try and sign impending free agent LeBron James, the Sixers have shown interest in free-agent swingman Paul George and San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard, sources told Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Obviously, the Sixers would not be able to acquire all three - at least not while keeping any semblance of their current core intact - and even squeezing two of them in would take some significant cap gymnastics. But casting a wide net is the best way to ensure they snare at least one big fish.

In the case of Leonard, who still has a year left on his contract, the Sixers would have to put together a trade package the Spurs consider acceptable, and would likely also need some sort of assurance that Leonard would be open to re-signing in Philadelphia in 2019.

With only $70 million in guaranteed money on the books for next season, the Sixers can open up over $30 million in cap space just by relinquishing J.J. Redick and Amir Johnson. If they can work out a trade for Leonard with offsetting salaries, they could still have room for a max deal for James or George.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1539427

Report: 76ers expected to chase LeBron in free agency
    2h ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - APRIL 6 LeBron James 23 of the Cleveland Cavaliers hugs Ben Simmons 25 of the Philadelphia 76ers after the game at the Wells Fargo Center on April 6 2018 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania The 76ers defeated the Cavaliers 132-130
    Presented by

The next step in The Process is apparently to target the best player on the planet.

The Philadelphia 76ers are gearing up to recruit LeBron James should he decline his player option and become a free agent this summer, according to Keith Pompey of Philly.com.

Short of signing James, the Sixers have also reportedly shown interest in Paul Georgeand Kawhi Leonard.

Philadelphia is apparently prepared to pay the luxury tax and clear bloated salary off its books to accommodate James, who will surely command a maximum contract starting at $35 million per season.

At this point, the Sixers will have up to $25 million available if they renounce their current free agents. General manager Bryan Colangelo could create the remaining room by using the stretch provision to waive Jerryd Bayless' $8.6-million figure off the books, or by shedding salary in a trade.

If they do sign James or another max free agent, the Sixers will eventually have to pay the luxury tax to retain the young core of Ben Simmons, Dario Saric, and Markelle Fultz when their current deals expire.

However, Sixers managing partner Josh Harris assured Pompey that going into the tax would not be an issue.

“People have asked me about the luxury tax. I don’t have any problem spending for good players," Harris said.

James will be 34 next season, but he's continued to perform at an elite level. In addition to the Sixers, the Houston RocketsLos Angeles Lakers, and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, are expected to pitch the superstar this summer.

Totally happy with Paul George as a consolation prize. He's a perfect fit, as is Kawhi. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Totally happy with Paul George as a consolation prize. He's a perfect fit, as is Kawhi. 
    I agree. But,  most are reporting(which i take most reports at this time with a grain of salt) that Paul George will go to the Lakers. And if he goes to the Lakers he just wants to go back home to LA and collect check IMO, because the Lakers are still a ways away from winning a Championship. 

Leonard would be a GREAT fit, but will it take a trade this year to get him? If so, what would the 76ers have to trade to get him? I think he only has 1 year left on his contract? Do you risk a trade and not being able to sign him? I'm sure you know the Celtics have PLENTY of assets to trade for him too, so the 76ers have to take that into consideration? I would think so. In a perfect world he stays and plays his last year in San Antonio and then the 76ers sign him. But, i would doubt the Spurs would let it get to that point as they would probably trade him.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    cutz said:
    I agree. But,  most are reporting(which i take most reports at this time with a grain of salt) that Paul George will go to the Lakers. And if he goes to the Lakers he just wants to go back home to LA and collect check IMO, because the Lakers are still a ways away from winning a Championship. 

Leonard would be a GREAT fit, but will it take a trade this year to get him? If so, what would the 76ers have to trade to get him? I think he only has 1 year left on his contract? Do you risk a trade and not being able to sign him? I'm sure you know the Celtics have PLENTY of assets to trade for him too, so the 76ers have to take that into consideration? I would think so. In a perfect world he stays and plays his last year in San Antonio and then the 76ers sign him. But, i would doubt the Spurs would let it get to that point as they would probably trade him.
    and who says other teams can't put together a better deal for Kawhi like Boston.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:

and who says other teams can't put together a better deal for Kawhi like Boston.
    Of course. But there's a limited amount of teams who would be willing to make a trade like that and who can make a trade like that. Also the Spurs will likely not want to trade him to a rival like the Lakers. So that dwindles the number of teams down a bit further...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:

JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:

^^^I did mention   the Celtics in my post.^^^

And, i do not know of the top of my head if ther other teams can put a better deal, but i'm sure ther are other teams besides the 76ers & Celtics that can. 
    Mikal Bridges would be perfect at 10
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Playoff P? he’s better in gatorade commercials than in games that count.

Poncier said:
    dankind said:

I'm sure Wobbie will start one.

I do own a CLE t-shirt.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11