Ticketmaster facial recognition tickets

2»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 5,840

So yeah, it's a mess...I'll admit that. But the bots are a small part of why it's a mess.
    Plus, promoters sell blocks of tickets directly to scalpers, to try and make up for how much they offer to pay a band for playing a show.

I agree with you.   The bots are a bit of a red herring.  They get all scorn which deflects from the fact that by the time you get to the public onsale, a large chunk of the tickets are already gone.  Bots (like people) only get to pick from what's left over.

I'd be dissapointed if shows went back to the oldshool standing in line.  Back in those days TM had outlets here, so you could lineup for Vancouver shows here in Victoria.   Both TM outlets here are gone because you can buy your tickets online.  It would suck alot having to travel to Vancouver just to get tickets :(  Luckily there's no Vancouver NIN show :)
  • cutz said:
    Nine Inch Nails announced their American tour today and there will be NO online sales.  All ticket sales must be done in person.
    Like the old days.
    And will scalpers  be in line too?
    For sure and you can bet the homeless people will
    be getting paid
  • Zod said:

So yeah, it's a mess...I'll admit that. But the bots are a small part of why it's a mess.
    Plus, promoters sell blocks of tickets directly to scalpers, to try and make up for how much they offer to pay a band for playing a show.

I agree with you.   The bots are a bit of a red herring.  They get all scorn which deflects from the fact that by the time you get to the public onsale, a large chunk of the tickets are already gone.  Bots (like people) only get to pick from what's left over.

I'd be dissapointed if shows went back to the oldshool standing in line.  Back in those days TM had outlets here, so you could lineup for Vancouver shows here in Victoria.   Both TM outlets here are gone because you can buy your tickets online.  It would suck alot having to travel to Vancouver just to get tickets :(  Luckily there's no Vancouver NIN show :)
    I remember lining up outside a sunrise records and a draw would be held to see the purchase order. Doesn’t cut the scalpers out but at least it gave everyone a shot no matter when you arrived. Wouldn’t work these days though.
2»