Options

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. - S.O.B.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    LukinFan said:
    I saw them this past Saturday night - fuck, what a great show! 

Quick story: In less than a month, I'm marrying the love of my life in Costa Rica. Our first dance song is, "I'd be Waiting" by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (off their first album). I emailed the band, their manager, and even sent them a message on Instagram requesting the song to be played Saturday night, and I told the band our story and how early in our relationship my fiance introduced me to their music after seeing them play on The Tonight Show. We ended up going to JazzFest to see them (and Pearl Jam) that year. Well, about midway through the show on Saturday, Nathaniel Rateliff says, "We had some requests tonight, this was one of them." and then he plays our song! It brought both of us to tears. Who knows if someone else requested the song too, but I'll take credit for it! 

The band was on fire. Lots of energy and they played a great mix of songs from all of their albums. It was a great night all around. If you haven't seen them before, check them out on their current tour. 

http://www.nathanielrateliff.com/tour/
    Good stuff, my friend. And congrats to you and your lady on your upcoming wedding!! :clap::joy:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    jjflash said:
    LukinFan said:
    I saw them this past Saturday night - fuck, what a great show! 

Quick story: In less than a month, I'm marrying the love of my life in Costa Rica. Our first dance song is, "I'd be Waiting" by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (off their first album). I emailed the band, their manager, and even sent them a message on Instagram requesting the song to be played Saturday night, and I told the band our story and how early in our relationship my fiance introduced me to their music after seeing them play on The Tonight Show. We ended up going to JazzFest to see them (and Pearl Jam) that year. Well, about midway through the show on Saturday, Nathaniel Rateliff says, "We had some requests tonight, this was one of them." and then he plays our song! It brought both of us to tears. Who knows if someone else requested the song too, but I'll take credit for it! 

The band was on fire. Lots of energy and they played a great mix of songs from all of their albums. It was a great night all around. If you haven't seen them before, check them out on their current tour. 

http://www.nathanielrateliff.com/tour/
    Good stuff, my friend. And congrats to you and your lady on your upcoming wedding!! :clap::joy:
    thank you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    edited September 2018
    Here is a free download code for their latest album:
    https://www.musicredemptions.com/NathanielRateliff/
    Redemption code: RLP-8NIGQ5
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    I have only recently gotten into them. Exploring the music they have out lately 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    You can't go wrong with anything by them.  Check out their live at Red Rocks album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    You can't go wrong with anything by them.  Check out their live at Red Rocks album. 
    Went to the Red Rocks show last year, had a blast!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I highly recommend checking out Nathaniel's new solo album, "And It's Still Alright". Definitely a quiet departure from the Night Sweats stuff, but it's  packed with vulnerability and hopefulness. Really beautiful, very heavy, and perhaps a great antidote for the times that we're living in. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    edited April 2020
    3days said:
    I highly recommend checking out Nathaniel's new solo album, "And It's Still Alright". Definitely a quiet departure from the Night Sweats stuff, but it's  packed with vulnerability and hopefulness. Really beautiful, very heavy, and perhaps a great antidote for the times that we're living in. 

His new album is incredible.  He recently got divorced and lost his friend and producer so it's definitely some very heavy stuff.  But like you said, it's beautiful.
  • Options
     Nathaniel's solo album is one of the best albums of the year. It's so good!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    He's got a busy second half of the year planned: make up European and US solo dates for postponed March and April shows, over twenty Night Sweats stops with Bob Dylan, plus festival appearances. 

I'll be surprised if any of those dates come to fruition, but I recommend his live shows to anyone interested. 
  • Options
    FUG YEP released a 7 inch vinyl with two new songs:
    01 Don't Care Darlin'
    02 Hotdog

The third release from the Fug Yep Soundation, a 7” series created in loving memory of Lucius friend & musical hero Richard Swift. It’s goal, through releasing music, is to raise awareness for addiction and bring community to those suffering. This series will directly support two incredible organization, MusiCares and Music Support UK who will help facilitate this mission.

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited April 2020

Nathaniel Rateliff - From Town Hall NYC (3.12.20)

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I was wondering if anyone caught Nathaniel on Willie Nelson's 4/20 live stream? Just curious what song or songs he played... I was unable to catch it. 
  • Options
    3days said:
    I was wondering if anyone caught Nathaniel on Willie Nelson's 4/20 live stream? Just curious what song or songs he played... I was unable to catch it. 

Here's what he played:

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Don't know if anybody has heard the new record The Future, but it's pretty solid. Lots of great tracks. What If I is my current fav, but it changes.