*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:
    TJ and Dario save the day. Staying alive. Love how Rozier can throw punches with now ramifications.
    Are you talking about when he pushed Embiid? I gotta say, Embiid needs to stop being a bitch. He hasn't looked in shape and/or he lacks balls in this series. I like how he takes the time to play the "hold me back" play with a guy 2 feet shorter than him. As much as I enjoy the guy he can be a complete bitch sometimes.

Dude should be pulling down boards and laying the ball in yet he's consistently done neither of these things. I'm not talking gimme rebounds here, but going up and elbowing people in the face for the ball and I don't see that intensity....at all; just keeps taking the ball at the top of the court and trying to pull some AI shit, all the while Three Stoogin' it and turning the ball over.
    The 8:30 start time is better. This whole having a kid thing throws a wrench in your evening and I couldn’t settle in until 8 or so. I barely saw 5 minutes of this game 
    Welcome to eternity, motherfucker!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:
    TJ and Dario save the day. Staying alive. Love how Rozier can throw punches with now ramifications.
    Are you talking about when he pushed Embiid? I gotta say, Embiid needs to stop being a bitch. He hasn't looked in shape and/or he lacks balls in this series. I like how he takes the time to play the "hold me back" play with a guy 2 feet shorter than him. As much as I enjoy the guy he can be a complete bitch sometimes.

Dude should be pulling down boards and laying the ball in yet he's consistently done neither of these things. I'm not talking gimme rebounds here, but going up and elbowing people in the face for the ball and I don't see that intensity....at all; just keeps taking the ball at the top of the court and trying to pull some AI shit, all the while Three Stoogin' it and turning the ball over.
    What does the way he rebounds and the fact that he's out of shape have to do with Rozier punching him? He's 7'2" 280lbs and playing more minutes than he ever has in his life. Rozier punched Embiid once, maybe twice. I'm sure he's annoying to other teams but he did nothing to warrant being punched.  If he wanted to get out of Tatum's bear hug, Tatum would be dead just like the lions he hunted by hand in Africa.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I didn't see him punch, to my credit. I thought I saw it as Rozier pushing him as Embiid was trying to get the ball after the whistle. Rozier getting all huffy? Yeah, sure, a problem.  But don't play the "hold me back" wayyyy after the fact to some guy, as you say infer, is a fucking bug compared to him.

Actually, just watching this replay - I wouldn't call it a "punch" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTu6T6yqVI

Seems like a push, punch, whatever. Seems irrelevant. 

I'm not saying they're related I guess.... other than how about hold your fucking own out there under the basket as apparently a guy who kills lions, as you say, than worrying about clapping back at a guy who is five foot? So what this fucking little turd right hooked you?, pushed you in frustration.There's literally no one his size out there I get it. If he can "hurt" people then do it while grabbing the ball off a rebound, and look for the ball near the net on offense instead of always being out near the 3 point line.

Whatever - this is all frustration on my point. I think that game last night was Boston not playing as hard as opposed to the Sixers playing better than Boston. 

Future is bright, but, yeah, going out this way after such a solid season does still suck.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Embiid has been itching to get punched for a long time.  By the looks of it, good thing it was a little guy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    He so easily gets under the other team's skin and directly into their heads. No problem with those antics. Helped them win last night. And it's funny as hell.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Sixers -1.5 tomorrow Been favored every game....and probably will be favored in every game if it goes 7. Weird for a team down 3-1.

If Embiid and Simmons show up and finally play the way they're capable of, and the team plays with the same aggressiveness on defense like last night....see you on Friday.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Embiid has been itching to get punched for a long time.  By the looks of it, good thing it was a little guy.
    I enjoy that he gets people "off their game" (I guess), but back that shit up by literally bullying every opponent on the court during the game.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think he comes off incredibly soft.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

What does the way he rebounds and the fact that he's out of shape have to do with Rozier punching him? He's 7'2" 280lbs and playing more minutes than he ever has in his life. Rozier punched Embiid once, maybe twice. I'm sure he's annoying to other teams but he did nothing to warrant being punched.  If he wanted to get out of Tatum's bear hug, Tatum would be dead just like the lions he hunted by hand in Africa.

You're using this pic to prove it was a punch?
    He's got a handful of jersey.
    Get real man, he pushed him, there was no punch thrown.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Watch the video above from the 1:07 point on. He throws not 1 but 2 punches. Who was acting like the bitch again?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited May 2018
    An open hand shove to the chest is not a punch, maybe its different in Pennsylvania, but its not a punch anywhere else.

ETA: And where did I say anything about anyone acting like a bitch?
    Post edited by Poncier on
    So your saying he tried to slap Joel with the second one?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Yeah looks like he's slapping Embiid's hand away. If it were a punch it would :
    A. Have a closed fist.
    2. Be aimed at Embiid's head/face. I know Embiid made a funny about Rozier not being able to reach his face, but clearly he can and had he wanted to punch him would have directed a closed fist up in that direction. 
    If it had been a punch, Rozier would have been ejected. 3 refs right there during the skirmish and all 3 watched every replay angle, no punch was thrown.
    edited May 2018
    I forgot refs get everything right.  The pic shows a closed fist but whatever. I always shove people with a closed fist. I think we disagree on this one.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Who gives a shit even if he did punch him? It's sports. Fights happen.
    The pic shows a hand grabbing jersey after shoving with an open hand, you're really trying too hard. He is puling back at the time of the pic and grabbing the shirt, watch the video again and you'll see that.
    Who gives a shit even if he did punch him? It's sports. Fights happen.
    This back and forth definitely needs a few more pages.  I'm going to Zapruder that film.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Back and to the left ... back and to the left...."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Poncier said:
    The pic shows a hand grabbing jersey after shoving with an open hand, you're really trying too hard. He is puling back at the time of the pic and grabbing the shirt, watch the video again and you'll see that.
    Maybe after he punched him, he grabbed his jersey? Maybe I'm done with this. Next!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    What the picture and video shows is Joel Embiid successfully getting into Roziers head.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited May 2018
    What the picture and video shows is Joel Embiid successfully getting into Roziers head.
    Philly would be slupring Rozier if they had a 6'2'' kid go after a 7 foot player.  Crossing Broad would have t shirts for sale with his fist in his face before the game ended.

I'm telling you. He's gonna get himself hurt. I like Embiid, but someone is gonna break his jaw.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    what it shows to me is Embiid being a dick.  When guys tried to grab the ball like that from me during a stoppage i would react the same way as Rozier did.  It's not international ball. You can't just pick the ball up and throw it in.
    Philly would be slupring Rozier if they had a 6'2'' kid go after a 7 foot player.  Crossing Broad would have t shirts for sale with his fist in his face before the game ended.

I'm telling you. He's gonna get himself hurt. I like Embiid, but someone is gonna break his jaw.

Eh, you might be right. In meantime, I'm going to enjoy the show. Highly entertaining.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Eh, you might be right. In meantime, I'm going to enjoy the show. Highly entertaining.
    Fair, I enjoy it too.  I like a good shit talker.
    Now if he could only grow the testicles to go along with the shit talking.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    This is Dennis Rodman style of play and I approve.  Embiid is likable.  I loved Rodman!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    not looking to good, come on sixers! (if it is over we had a decent season, can't wait till next year!)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    This game is killing me...I hope they can get up.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    Good season. If they lost games 2 or 3 closer to something like this one then it would be a little easier to swallow.

Didn't think they'd be at this point already but here they are, looking forward to the offseason.

Maybe Embiid signs a pair of balls to a 10 year deal.