Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
If you didn't know, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank a teacher you know for all of the hard work they do. 

I've posted about this nonprofit before, but Donor's Choose is an awesome way to give back to your child's teacher or any teacher's project that you think could use the funding. Teachers spend a great deal of their own money to ensure children have the best education possible.

I'd love it if you could donate to any of my projects, but honestly, I'd just love it if you could thank any teacher you know.
https://www.donorschoose.org/we-teach/578091?projects=true

Comments

• jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    edited May 2018
    Love it!  I’ve donated to all of my children’s classrooms who’ve posted on donors choose.  We celebrated teacher appreciation week last week here in Brentwood CA!  Here’s the door i decorated for my sons teacher
    Post edited by jacquelynca on
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Love it!  I’ve donated to all of my children’s classrooms who’ve posted on donors choose.  We celebrated teacher appreciation week last week here in Brentwood CA!  Here’s the door i decorated for my sons teacher
    Great job on the door (and come on, Season 3)!

I was blessed to have a handful of teachers who not just taught, but helped me learn.  I thank them for that.  And I thank my late father who in his '70s volunteered as an ESL tutor, after many years working with our schools on the PTA - beyond his daughters' graduations, even.  

Gratitude to all who care enough to make a difference.