The Pizza Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I tried a tiny slice of frozen cauliflower crust pizza, fully expecting to spit out the first bite and throw the rest of it into the trash can, but it was actually pretty good. Had seconds. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonist said:
    Bottom left, for sure.  I'd be down with a bite or two of the first as well.

I'm going with the underdog #4.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Hawaiian pie from the other night. Pretty happy with how my dough is coming out lately. 

Looks good!

6 o'clock region needs a bit more cheese, but overall a solid effort here for sure.

* Love making enough pizza to eat that night aaand have enough for lunch the next day!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    #4 was the 13 yr old's.  He generally puts too much cheese for my preference but his crust usually tastes better as he always gets to use the stone.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Just ordered some from AL’s Pizzeria, very very good pizza. This from a guy named Al from Turkey, this pizza though tasty ain’t cheap.

peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    g under p said:
    Just ordered some from AL’s Pizzeria, very very good pizza. This from a guy named Al from Turkey, this pizza though tasty ain’t cheap.

peace

photos or it didn't happen.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Turkish pizza?  Or was it American style and the dude just happened to be from Turkey?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bbiggs said:
    dear chicago,
    THAT is NOT pizza. 
    Hey now...those are fightin’ words! ;)

it just looks like a quiche...  but as a pizza lover i felt obliged to at least attempt to finish it. alas i was beaten.. but hey chicago  you do architecture real good. :) 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Homemade Pizza night last night. First one had bacon peppers and onions with mozz and ricotta. Finished with fresh basil. Second was braised kale and beet greens with mozz and ricotta and basil. Pretty killer pies I must say. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Those are pre-cook, right?
    They look delicious
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Homemade Pizza night last night. First one had bacon peppers and onions with mozz and ricotta. Finished with fresh basil. Second was braised kale and beet greens with mozz and ricotta and basil. Pretty killer pies I must say. 
    :flushed:
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    H Chinaski wins the award for best looking homemade pies thus far. I need to step up my game next time. Mine look like Dominos compared to those gems. Lol 
  • Homemade Pizza night last night. First one had bacon peppers and onions with mozz and ricotta. Finished with fresh basil. Second was braised kale and beet greens with mozz and ricotta and basil. Pretty killer pies I must say. 
    I like the first one!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Beauties.
    Thanks y'all! No precooked. I've been lightly rolling out the dough to get a even crust which looks nice but not 100% the consistency i want. Ricotta was the key addition to these bad boys!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Looks beautiful.  Mine look better yeaded into the oven, which is why I asked.  The ricotta and dabs of sauce are the secret weapons, for sure!
    Ya know, I don't know how I've accomplished feat this but somehow I have never had ricotta on pizza.  Gonna have to change that soon.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Everyone's homade pizzas look delicious! I enjoy making pizzas but the crusts never turn out quite right. The yeast seems to be too strong ... almost taste like I poured a beer on the crust sometimes or else the crust gets tough. Please share your dough recipes and techniques. And do you find using a certain type of flour works better than others? Do you use quick rising yeast? 
    Traditional house pie, luau pie
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^ what’s on the luau pie? Ham and pineapple? And is that jalapeño? 
    Pancetta, pineapple and jalapeño
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    Traditional house pie, luau pie

That one on the right looks like something I'd really be diggin'!
    dankind said:
    Pancetta, pineapple and jalapeño
    Awesome. We rarely do Hawaiian, but when we do it’s ham and pineapple. No jalapeño. I’ll have to try that. On a separate note, but similar to jalapeño, hot giardiniera on pizza is one of my favorite toppings, bar none. 
    Eat the left but have a piece of the right and pick off the pineapple.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Eat the left but have a piece of the right and pick off the pineapple.
    Not sure. The sweetness of the fruit seeps into the mozzarella cheese and it's tainted.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    If there's anyone here from Ireland, I'm curious to know their thoughts on where the best pizza places in our country are? I'm starving in this thread.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    If there's anyone here from Ireland, I'm curious to know their thoughts on where the best pizza places in our country are? I'm starving in this thread.
    Lol. I ve been to Ireland on three separate trips and I don’t ever remember eating pizza. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    bbiggs said:

hot giardiniera on pizza is one of my favorite toppings, bar none. 
    Interesting. I'll have to try this.
    I’m not from Ireland but check out Cotto in Dublin. I found their account on Instagram and everything they post looks amazing! 
    bbiggs said:

hot giardiniera on pizza is one of my favorite toppings, bar none. 
    Interesting. I'll have to try this.
    Highly recommend it. Hot giardiniera and sausage is excellent, but it pairs well with just about anything if you like hot peppers.