Charcoal Drawings by Eric

evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
edited January 2018 in The Art Wall
This guys stuff is absolutely breath-taking. He's on Facebook under "Charcoal Drawings by Eric" and if you can commission something from him, I highly recommend it. Truly mesmerizing. His medium is white charcoal on black drawing paper. I have two of his pieces now and I can vouch for his attention to detail, his ability to capture emotion and his professionalism with shipping the pieces.

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
Post edited by evsgjamm on
Tagged:

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Wow!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    evsgjamm said:
    This guys stuff is absolutely breath-taking. He's on Facebook under "Charcoal Drawings by Eric" and if you can commission something from him, I highly recommend it. Truly mesmerizing. His medium is white charcoal on black drawing paper. I have two of his pieces now and I can vouch for his attention to detail, his ability to capture emotion and his professionalism with shipping the pieces.

These Drawings are Wonderful...thanks for Posting them :)
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    Whaaaaat? Crazy. You can’t teach that. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Whaaaaat? Crazy. You can’t teach that. 
    I hope I don't come off rude with my following comment, especially since it's my first post. If I do, I apologize.

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this. I'm a charcoal artist and had to take lessons to learn it. I think the distinct necessary trait needed to get to the posted level is, patience and drive. You have to be willing to put in ridiculous amounts of time, and know that you will fail many times before you get it right. My very detailed portraits take about 40 hours to finish. I've been working in charcoal for about 17 years.

Charcoal is a very forgiving medium and is fairly cheap to start. :-) If you are intrigued, you should try it.
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Amazing!